Trunk Failure Warning

rlopez

Cars
2019 Porsche 911S
These warnings have been popping up on my Lucid intermittently -"Trunk Failure Warning" and "Redundant Lighting Failure". It is really annoying when it happens because the car is constantly dinging as you are driving and very embarrassing when you have friends in the car. I know it has nothing to do with the trunk as opening and closing the trunk does nothing. A service person came out and told me that this is a software glitch and expected when it is hot outside and that there is no fix to this issue at the moment. I live in Palm Springs and it does get hot out here during the summer months. I'm not sure if he's implying that I don't drive the car in the summer or if I should consider moving to a cold climate area. Maybe they should not sell or market the car to those of us who live in the desert areas. Anyway, was out driving today, not a particular hot day, but the warnings started going off. I'm almost at the end of my rope here, love the performance of this car but I don't know if I can live with this issue. My front camera has also given me a malfunctioning warning before but that is not as annoying as it does not emit an audible warning sound constantly

Seems odd, I don't think any of the AZ or Texas owners have reported this.

Paging @mcr16

These warnings have been popping up on my Lucid intermittently -"Trunk Failure Warning" and "Redundant Lighting Failure". It is really annoying when it happens because the car is constantly dinging as you are driving and very embarrassing when you have friends in the car. I know it has nothing to do with the trunk as opening and closing the trunk does nothing. A service person came out and told me that this is a software glitch and expected when it is hot outside and that there is no fix to this issue at the moment. I live in Palm Springs and it does get hot out here during the summer months. I'm not sure if he's implying that I don't drive the car in the summer or if I should consider moving to a cold climate area. Maybe they should not sell or market the car to those of us who live in the desert areas. Anyway, was out driving today, not a particular hot day, but the warnings started going off. I'm almost at the end of my rope here, love the performance of this car but I don't know if I can live with this issue. My front camera has also given me a malfunctioning warning before but that is not as annoying as it does not emit an audible warning sound constantly
Hi, @rlopez. Thank you for sharing. I just sent you a DM.

I didn't get a warning, but this morning my truck was acting weird. I pressed the open truck button on the pilot panel and it opened about 1". Press it again, and it opened another inch. Etc., etc until it was open. I went outside and the close button did nothing. So I had to just manually force the truck closed. If it happens again I'll contact service. The car was unlocked, but I did not have my fob or phone with me, so that maybe that was the issue?

Last edited:
^ Having the FOB with me the trunk works fine. I guess that was the issue.

^ Having the FOB with me the trunk works fine. I guess that was the issue.
I had this happen to me yesterday. I did have the FOB with me. The result was that I had to close the trunk manually and then it worked fine. I have a CS appointment in Costa Mesa on Dec 13. I am going to bring up this issue.

This is happening to me as well, did they fix your issue? My trunk won’t open, I have redundant light failure, trunk failure, and my car alarm has been going off all night.

Hi, @rlopez. Thank you for sharing. I just sent you a DM.
Can you please tell me if there was any resolution to this problem because I am having the same exact problem. However, my car alarm keeps going off all night and my trunk will not actually open but I do have all the same warnings as he has. I opened my trunk last night to put groceries in it. When I got back, I could not open it again and I have the same warnings as this gentleman that you responded to had.

Can you please tell me if there was any resolution to this problem because I am having the same exact problem. However, my car alarm keeps going off all night and my trunk will not actually open but I do have all the same warnings as he has. I opened my trunk last night to put groceries in it. When I got back, I could not open it again and I have the same warnings as this gentleman that you responded to had.
Have you contacted cus care? What did they tell you and what service center are you working with? I am sure they will take care of it for you.

This is happening to me as well, did they fix your issue? My trunk won’t open, I have redundant light failure, trunk failure, and my car alarm has been going off all night.
They did fix the issue, finally I hope, my car has been to the service center twice, the last time they kept it for a couple of weeks, I believe they updated the software and replaced a part in the trunk. I’ve had my car back now for a couple of months with zero issues. It is cold weather season out here in Palm Springs so jury is still out on how the car will perform once it gets hot again.

Have you contacted cus care? What did they tell you and what service center are you working with? I am sure they will take care of it for you.
I contacted CSR via phone. This happened last night. I opened my trunk at Costco put groceries in and then proceeded back when I got back. Would not open. So I called CSR and he did a reset still did not open. Tried three more times and he tried to remote open trunk would not work. After the reset the redundant light failure and trunk failure indicators came on the dashboard display then at 2:11 AM, the alarm started going off and it said Trump open, but it was not, then at 3:44 AM it went off again. Called CSR again and this one told me to go into the safety feature on the app and turn off the tilt so far it has not gone off again at 5:16 AM but I have to wait for the center to open to see if somebody will come to fix the car, unfortunately I am out of town and I am camping with my RV so this continues to wake up all the other people here. Honestly, I’ve had so many problems with this car since I thought it I think I got a lemon.

They did fix the issue, finally I hope, my car has been to the service center twice, the last time they kept it for a couple of weeks, I believe they updated the software and replaced a part in the trunk. I’ve had my car back now for a couple of months with zero issues. It is cold weather season out here in Palm Springs so jury is still out on how the car will perform once it gets hot again.
Yeah, I work in Palm Springs often. Currently I am in Santa Cruz camping in a RV and working locally but it is super annoying because the alarm continues to go off at two in the morning three in the morning and waking everyone up. I’m just hoping they can fix it by coming to me. Not sure I also have a Tesla and have zero issues but this one I’ve had 10 or more issues since I bought it worse was the 12 V battery dying and not being able to open the car at all. then this issue is pretty annoying as well, but I’ve had many other issues with the frunk, CarPlay, blank screens, mirrors, key fobs, lots of software issues as well. I have the LUCID grand Turing, I think I might have gotten a lemon.

Yeah, I work in Palm Springs often. Currently I am in Santa Cruz camping in a RV and working locally but it is super annoying because the alarm continues to go off at two in the morning three in the morning and waking everyone up. I’m just hoping they can fix it by coming to me. Not sure I also have a Tesla and have zero issues but this one I’ve had 10 or more issues since I bought it worse was the 12 V battery dying and not being able to open the car at all. then this issue is pretty annoying as well, but I’ve had many other issues with the frunk, CarPlay, blank screens, mirrors, key fobs, lots of software issues as well. I have the LUCID grand Turing, I think I might have gotten a lemon.
@mcr16

I had these issues back in November (thread). I speculated at the time that it was a water issue. Certainly seems related to some kind of electronic component in the trunk area, potentially with connectivity issues.

Most of my issues went away when things (presumably) dried out. The trunk still doesn't open; I'm waiting for a loaner to be available so they can fix it.

I have similar issues with my trunk. When closing the trunk, it goes all the way down. The soft close mechanism attempt to pull the trunk all the way down and close it fully. The trunk visually appears closed. However, car left dash and phone app shows the trunk is still open. When I try to open the trunk using the trunk open button it would go only an inch and stop, then again an inch and stop. What I found out was that when soft close mechanism is trying to pull the trunk down to fully close it, the latch is not fully engaged. When I physically press on the trunk lid by hand I could hear the click on the trunk lid and all indicators then show trunk closed. I believe this is due to trunk misalignment. Apparently this require a service center visit and it can't be performed by one person mobile tech. I am waiting for the King of Prussia service center to open, so I can address the list of pending issues.

I have similar issues with my trunk. When closing the trunk, it goes all the way down. The soft close mechanism attempt to pull the trunk all the way down and close it fully. The trunk visually appears closed. However, car left dash and phone app shows the trunk is still open. When I try to open the trunk using the trunk open button it would go only an inch and stop, then again an inch and stop. What I found out was that when soft close mechanism is trying to pull the trunk down to fully close it, the latch is not fully engaged. When I physically press on the trunk lid by hand I could hear the click on the trunk lid and all indicators then show trunk closed. I believe this is due to trunk misalignment. Apparently this require a service center visit and it can't be performed by one person mobile tech. I am waiting for the King of Prussia service center to open, so I can address the list of pending issues.
So all of my issues started last night for this particular problem. It was raining pretty heavy when I opened the trunk at Costco, and then, when I got back, I could not open it but it showed that it was already open on the pilot panel, and on the app, the alarm started going off all night. The alarm stopped going off after I went to the app and turned off the shock in the safety feature. LUCID Millbrae, California called me and they are sending a flatbed truck to pick up the car and they will redeliver it back to me by tomorrow at the end of the day , they are going to set up a rental car and a Uber to come and get me. I will update this thread on what the issue was once they let me know.

So all of my issues started last night for this particular problem. It was raining pretty heavy when I opened the trunk at Costco, and then, when I got back, I could not open it but it showed that it was already open on the pilot panel, and on the app, the alarm started going off all night. The alarm stopped going off after I went to the app and turned off the shock in the safety feature. LUCID Millbrae, California called me and they are sending a flatbed truck to pick up the car and they will redeliver it back to me by tomorrow at the end of the day , they are going to set up a rental car and a Uber to come and get me. I will update this thread on what the issue was once they let me know.
What about the food in your trunk? There doesn’t seem to be a way to fold down the seats from inside the vehicle

Back