RESOLVED Have to press the Electrify America button every time

davidliu

Verified Owner
Reaction score
Cars
Stellar White Air GT
My car used to authenticate automatically every time without needing to do anything. However, after recent service in March, I now have to press the EA button every time in the app and pick the charging station.

Not sure if this happened to anyone else.

Contact CS. This is not common.

My car used to authenticate automatically every time without needing to do anything. However, after recent service in March, I now have to press the EA button every time in the app and pick the charging station.

Not sure if this happened to anyone else.
I've been having the same problem since the last update. Always had plug and charge work perfectly but now I have to use the App.

It's more random for me, but the older EA site I now go to in metro Seattle (four 150's + one 7!) always asks for it... but it never fails. I kind of like it, actually. Takes a bit of drama out of the process. Also, racking up over 2,000 kWh of free electricity in our first seven months is pretty sweet. Especially when I'm driving by gas stations that are charging almost five bucks a gallon for regular.

Are you all testing this across multiple sites or just the one you frequent most often?

Ok, looks like there is no charging history in my app too.
Sometimes the charging history in my lucid app does not show the last charge even if it was PnC. One station started and stopped. I charged with PnC at another station there and the app does not show that charge.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20240707_111020_Lucid.webp
    Screenshot_20240707_111020_Lucid.webp
    52.6 KB · Views: 50
Charged this morning. Had to use the App again; not really a big deal but Plug and Charge hasn't worked for me at all since the last update. Also, as mentioned by davidliu above, no charging history in my App even though I've used it for the last number of charging sessions.

Charged this morning. Had to use the App again; not really a big deal but Plug and Charge hasn't worked for me at all since the last update. Also, as mentioned by davidliu above, no charging history in my App even though I've used it for the last number of charging sessions.
I’ve had the same exact experience

Called CS, they suggested delete and reinstall the app. Clearly, they have no idea what’s going on.

I spoke with Angelica in Customer Service on Tuesday on this subject. She suggested they send my car the PnC Certificate and I told her to go ahead. Then yesterday I did a quick stop to see if my PnC ability had returned, and yes it did. So if you are having a problem not being able to get PnC to work, have them send you a new PnC Certificate.

So I made a visit to my normal EA charging facility, first time since May. Two attempts to P&C failed - "Please disconnect and try again". Third attempt connected but had to use the app to verify charging station. Normally don't have to do that at this facility. I realize it could have been that specific charger - wear and tear, poor maintenance, bad connectivity, etc., but will be more observant for the next few uses.

Thanks @SaratogaLefty for that solution. If the problem persists, I may text them at the end of the month for a new pnC certificate.

Ps The session did show up in my Lucid app and a receipt was emailed to me too.

Another trip to the local EA again. Different charger - PnC worked first time!
Makes me think that perhaps the failures are mostly due to the individual chargers. Worth the time to try another charger if the first one doesn't work...

Back