Has anyone replaced tires on Lucid Air?

A 100 year old idea using newer materials.

Attachments

• C8ABEBA9-9BE4-484D-AE2E-0935837A759C.jpeg
    C8ABEBA9-9BE4-484D-AE2E-0935837A759C.jpeg
    315.1 KB · Views: 103
  • 0D9A3271-2BB1-46E3-8A9B-974A19A07D2A.jpeg
    0D9A3271-2BB1-46E3-8A9B-974A19A07D2A.jpeg
    289.1 KB · Views: 123
EB91D260-3DF3-48A6-AAEF-57AFBE0F2600.jpeg

Attachments

• 50C0F59E-3ECB-477B-98F8-06EE699AD6AC.jpeg
    50C0F59E-3ECB-477B-98F8-06EE699AD6AC.jpeg
    452.3 KB · Views: 109
  • A6A5CC04-D595-4876-BAD6-2DFA8402D7C6.jpeg
    A6A5CC04-D595-4876-BAD6-2DFA8402D7C6.jpeg
    237.2 KB · Views: 114
A 100 year old idea using newer materials.
Possibly even older than 100 years, but repurposing is the term in vogue. For example, superglue has gone beyond HomeDepot and is now part of the toolbox for some medical specialties.

Has anyone replaced their pirelli’s with a different type of tire yet? And if so, notice any impact on range, noise, handling, and/or ride comfort?
I think @Dreamed put some Michellin A/S on her car

Add me to the list of pirelli sidewall bubble victims, just last night I noticed I have a bubble in the right front tire. Bummer, only 900miles.

I have the 21's but have never heard of or seen a sidewall bubble. Does anyone have a picture so I know what to look for?

I have the 21's but have never heard of or seen a sidewall bubble. Does anyone have a picture so I know what to look for?

here you go

Attachments

• bubble.jpg
    bubble.jpg
    402.7 KB · Views: 166
For those of you who’ve had the bubble, were there any tire pressure changes indicating an abnormality? Or any other sensor disturbance? Or is it the only way to detect this defect is to examine the tire visually?

Lucid came to my house to change a Pirelli due to a bulge. I have little faith in these Pirellis and therefore would also like to switch over to the Michelins that were on my Model S P100D. I wonder about the weight load, though. The Lucid is 400 pounds heavier than the MS. Does that matter??
Perhaps it would only matter with five passengers?

Perhaps it would only matter with five passengers?
The 19" AS Mich spec out ok (see TireRack.com). I don't know about the 21" which seem to be where the prob is...

here you go
I've not looked close at the orher pics of this, but this rim look like they may(!) have taken a hit on radius with the bulge... could the problem here be related to their low profile and road bump hits?

For those of you who’ve had the bubble, were there any tire pressure changes indicating an abnormality? Or any other sensor disturbance? Or is it the only way to detect this defect is to examine the tire visually?
No pressure change or warnings for me. I just saw it when I was putting something into the trunk. But, for me, I knew I hit a pothole on that left rear side.

No pressure change or warnings for me. I just saw it when I was putting something into the trunk. But, for me, I knew I hit a pothole on that left rear side.

Same. Noticed it after a wash. The bubble itself wouldn't be enough change to register in sensors. If air escaped during an event (hitting a pothole?); maybe but its more likely it's discovered with visual inspection.

I have never been a Pirelli fan with the exception of its Corsa system

@Dreamed any feedback in terms of range impact with different tires?
Apologies for the delay in responding. Honestly, I don't have a comparison to the original tires because I changed the tires soon after delivery in November (not a good time for summer performance tires lol). I also took the aero covers off which will loose a few percent. I've been averaging 3.2 mi/kwh with the all season Michelin Pilot Sport 4S in the warmer weather. I am very happy with them.

Apologies for the delay in responding. Honestly, I don't have a comparison to the original tires because I changed the tires soon after delivery in November (not a good time for summer performance tires lol). I also took the aero covers off which will loose a few percent. I've been averaging 3.2 mi/kwh with the all season Michelin Pilot Sport 4S in the warmer weather. I am very happy with them.
How's the road noise on them? Some reports were that the Michelin produced more road noise than the Pirellis

Back