Gravity or....

I still haven’t heard from GM, it’s been 8 months. I gave up already. Btw,have you gone thru Configurator yet? Have they given you estimation window?
Never heard anything from GM other than "Production to begin late 2024" .. pretty much given up on that.

As for the R1S, the latest update (on 1/31/23) is that I'm still in "Processing Estimate" limbo .. and likely to remain there for a long time (since my comatose status is supposedly due to the lack of service centers near me .. and according to their release of planned service centers, there won't be one near me in the next few years). So, after 2 years of waiting and getting promises of delivery (only to be kicked down the road), it doesn't look like my wife will get her R1S.

In November, I added a Volvo EX90 SUV as Plan C .. supposed deliveries in 2024 ..

VERY frustrating!

Never heard anything from GM other than "Production to begin late 2024" .. pretty much given up on that.

As for the R1S, the latest update (on 1/31/23) is that I'm still in "Processing Estimate" limbo .. and likely to remain there for a long time (since my comatose status is supposedly due to the lack of service centers near me .. and according to their release of planned service centers, there won't be one near me in the next few years). So, after 2 years of waiting and getting promises of delivery (only to be kicked down the road), it doesn't look like my wife will get her R1S.

In November, I added a Volvo EX90 SUV as Plan C .. supposed deliveries in 2024 ..

VERY frustrating!
When I got my R1S from someone in Los Angeles, I was thinking, if a Californian has waited 4 years since Nov 2018, what is my shot at July 2022? They have 90,000+ backlog on top of building Amazon EDV fleet concurrently. It is just not realistically get delivered any time soon. I would suggest patiently wait for these online auctions. If one near you shows up and just few grands above current Configurator price, grab it to end the suspense. Rivian remotely set up system to me after prove the ownership transfer. This SUV isn’t that premium comfort, but it is a luxury truck and more comfortable and luxurious than my Jeep Wrangler Rubicon. Its software is really superior than everything out there I’ve seen. Very clean and well design and STABLE no reset so far after 2100 miles driven. Few screen presses, one can go from 8” to 15.1” suspension articulation. I’ve climbed over curbs and small pile of rocks to make short cut. It’s fun vehicle. The only thing I can think of waiting is for them to make max battery pack of 180 kW for 400 miles range. But who know how long that may take, another 18 months?

@th14 When did you place reservation?

I still haven’t heard from GM, it’s been 8 months. I gave up already. Btw,have you gone thru Configurator yet? Have they given you estimation window?

2.2 mi/kWh, more like 1.7 mi/kWh in real world by one person driving. But have to admit, it’s been cold. But their software and range estimator is amazingly accurate. I wish Lucid can copy the way the do the gauge efficiency and range estimation —— a total transparency, not really efficient, but they are not shy to reveal details.

Rivian charging curve is amazing, most of time they stay at 200 kWh speed before 70%, I don’t know how they did it. It’s like that for both EA 350kW stalls and Rivian Adventure Network stalls.
When did you put a deposit down? I’m trying to guage how far is the line.

I get that alot too. “If my F150 can go 500 miles range and just put in gas in 5 minutes, why do I need to sit there long time to wait for charging?”

”Hello?! You don’t need restroom break and stretching?” “Are you a professional driver can drive 500 miles without stopping for a break?”

General public is still brainwashed by oil industry media.
Configured in Sept of 2021 with deposit placed.

Got an email later that year in Dec if 2021 that my delivery window was first half of 2023.

6 months later, got an update saying sometime in 2024.

Last week, got an update saying it was Q3 of this year.

I want the 400 mile range and my plan was to upgrade to that when it became available. So didn’t really matter to me as I was expecting 2024.

We’ll see what I do when I get the email saying they’re ready to deliver. I’ll likely pass on it as I’m quite happy with my Lucid car and may just wait for the Gravity.

I hear others are in the same boat of the rivian or gravity as well as on the waitlist for rivian he’ll they put everyone in (I was DEC 2021 arriving in 2024).

Are people thinking gravity will be a viable replacement for the rivian? I feel like they have different goals - and trying to figure out if i want the equivalent of a Bentley SUV vs just an electric SUV?

I hear others are in the same boat of the rivian or gravity as well as on the waitlist for rivian he’ll they put everyone in (I was DEC 2021 arriving in 2024).

Are people thinking gravity will be a viable replacement for the rivian? I feel like they have different goals - and trying to figure out if i want the equivalent of a Bentley SUV vs just an electric SUV?

It’s just my fantasy that they will be priced to take on Rivian. Based on their past launch protocol, they will probably go after the high end segment and then offer lower trims as they scale. It would be a bold strategy to go right after the R1S. If they did, they would own that market because literally nothing drives and has the efficiency of a Lucid. Then you add in the voting with dollars element and I bet they would lose 25% of the orders that were pushed to 2024.

I agree as i have been waiting for a solid replacement to th Tesla X and Y.
It would be a bold strategy to go right after the R1S. If they did, they would own that market because literally nothing drives and has the efficiency of a Lucid.

I didn’t know exactly where to put this question, but I think this would be a good place as any - I’m in the market for a seven or eight-seater minivan or low-sitting crossover. In other words a vehicle with three-row sitting, but NOT an SUV.

Is any EV manufacturer making noises about making such a vehicle? I’m seriously thinking about selling our last Tesla, a Model X100D, and buying a, wait for it - (gasp in horror!), brand new Honda Odyssey!

The last ICE car I owned was a Honda Odyssey. Versatile, fun to drive, and immensely practical, I always loved the Odysseys that came to live with our family.

I didn’t know exactly where to put this question, but I think this would be a good place as any - I’m in the market for a seven or eight-seater minivan or low-sitting crossover. In other words a vehicle with three-row sitting, but NOT an SUV.

Is any EV manufacturer making noises about making such a vehicle? I’m seriously thinking about selling our last Tesla, a Model X100D, and buying a, wait for it - (gasp in horror!), brand new Honda Odyssey!

The last ICE car I owned was a Honda Odyssey. Versatile, fun to drive, and immensely practical, I always loved the Odysseys that came to live with our family.
VW ID Buzz

Kia EV9 (about late 2023), Hyundai Ionic 7 (about mid 2024)

You may be happy with pacifica plugin hybrid than odyssey. For local use even with 110v 40 miles ev

Username checks out

Back