Gravity or....

Gravity’s real competition.

I didn’t know exactly where to put this question, but I think this would be a good place as any - I’m in the market for a seven or eight-seater minivan or low-sitting crossover. In other words a vehicle with three-row sitting, but NOT an SUV.

Is any EV manufacturer making noises about making such a vehicle? I’m seriously thinking about selling our last Tesla, a Model X100D, and buying a, wait for it - (gasp in horror!), brand new Honda Odyssey!

The last ICE car I owned was a Honda Odyssey. Versatile, fun to drive, and immensely practical, I always loved the Odysseys that came to live with our family.
Well, I think that this is your course of action:
Step 1: Obtain a r1s.
Step 2:Slam it. Make it so low it scrapes the ground when you drive it
Step 3: Put some sloped outward wheels, and to finish it off put some need for speed underglow.
(gold wheels and rainbow paint optional)

Gravity’s real competition.
Lucid will own this market if they price the Gravity to compete with the R1S. I don’t even think it would be a fair fight. If not, they are looking at GT like demand all over again in this economy. I’m betting that right now there is a lot of retooling going on to figure out how to do it. Since they are vertically integrated, there has to be a path to do it, while building in a profit margin. at least I hope so.

Lucid will own this market if they price the Gravity to compete with the R1S. I don’t even think it would be a fair fight. If not, they are looking at GT like demand all over again in this economy. I’m betting that right now there is a lot of retooling going on to figure out how to do it. Since they are vertically integrated, there has to be a path to do it, while building in a profit margin. at least I hope so.
Rivian just waned to get to the market quickly even without profitability to grab market share first as market pioneer. Then they can retool assembling and optimize design efficiency.

Lucid has all the time in the world to work on R&D of Gravity. Now it’s Lucid’s chance to enter market and extend its order queue.

1677452316011.png

Looks like car business is dead. Crossover-pickup-SUV-Van is about 80% of market.

Looks like car business is dead. Crossover-pickup-SUV-Van is about 80% of market.
That's why Ford said that they were going to stop making cars.

Yes, but what if consumers are starting to get SUV/crossover/pickup fatigue and start to purchase sedans/family cars? Company like Rivian and Ford will be in trouble because they only make SUV/crossover/Trucks. When it was time for me to shop for my Model S replacement last year, I didn't want to buy another SUV. I'm already having SUV fatigue because I already have a SUV at home. I wanted an EV sedan with long range and there are only a handful of them out there. Therefore I bought a Lucid AT.

Yes, but what if consumers are starting to get SUV/crossover/pickup fatigue and start to purchase sedans/family cars? Company like Rivian and Ford will be in trouble because they only make SUV/crossover/Trucks. When it was time for me to shop for my Model S replacement last year, I didn't want to buy another SUV. I'm already having SUV fatigue because I already have a SUV at home. I wanted an EV sedan with long range and there are only a handful of them out there. Therefore I bought a Lucid AT.
I think the trend is for American to keep getting “bigger the better” fashion. In most other countries I’ve traveled, small cars still dominates, I’ve see plenty Ford Fiesta, Toyota Prius, Citröen, Renault, Peugeot, Volkswagen, Mini Cooper & Suzuki on and on little cars are everywhere.

I think the trend is for American to keep getting “bigger the better” fashion. In most other countries I’ve traveled, small cars still dominates, I’ve see plenty Ford Fiesta, Toyota Prius, Citröen, Renault, Peugeot, Volkswagen, Mini Cooper & Suzuki on and on little cars are everywhere.
That is why I think, like Austin, that I am weird. I much prefer a smaller vehicle. Hence the GV60 performance.

Let's not forget that in the 70s and early 80s, station wagons dominated the market. Today, SUV and crossover are the equivalent of yesteryear station wagons.

Informative video. Eleven million subscribers. So why do I find these two so irritating? I must well on my way to becoming a grumpy old man…. Hey! Get off my lawn!

There is ZERO chance the market flips on a dime.

If, doubtful, sedans make a comeback Ford will have time to introduce sedans. It is not rocket science.

Rivian is not a full line automaker.

Rivian will not be selling Ford volume for the foreseeable future.

It is fine being the Truck SUV maker for the foreseeable future.

SUVs are more practical. Modern computer aided design has made their Noise, Vibration, and Harshness more than acceptable for the vast majority of people. Modern high strength steel has helped too.

Electric SUVs have reduced the center of gravity to make their handling comparable to ICE sedans. That is more than good enough for the vast majority of people. Most don't need nor want Air/Taycan levels of handling. They rather have the cargo area of an SUV.

What if flip phones made a comeback? Apple would be screwed.

In case you forgot, this has happened before. Station wagon to muscle cars.

No one can off-roading like Rivian…

Who’s gonna pay that??? 🤣

Back