Gravity or....

Call me "old school" .. but I think SUVs should look like this... 😎

Attachments

• Defender2.jpg
    Defender2.jpg
    610.7 KB · Views: 84
Just catching up and glad to see news on Gravity. Looks to me like someone stepped on the current RR Discovery. I wanted to like that car because of the cargo space, but couldn’t get over the bubble “insert word”.

Even if the body is not perfect, Lucid’s modest experience may be an advantage over some of these others coming out. It’s doesn’t seem to me that Air’s current competitors, if defined as Taycan and EQS, are releasing as many OTA improvements. Suspect it will be the same for other legacy SUV manufacturers like RR.

surprised no one has mentioned the rivian r1s... probably the only suv id consider vs the gravity

surprised no one has mentioned the rivian r1s... probably the only suv id consider vs the gravity
It’s going to be tough for our family soccer mom.

R1S, Model-X or Gravity.

Let’s see what next year unfold for the world of 3rd row SUV .

As a matter of fact, that’s what it is. It will roll off of the same assembly line as the Lyriq and Blazer EV.

Lyriq will made in Detroit.

Blazer EV and Prologue will be made GM factory in Ramos Arizpe, Coahuila, Mexico

Based on how much interior room lucid created in the Air, I am incredibly excited about what they can do for the Gravity. The back seat on the Air is enormous for the size of the car.

I personally don’t need 3 rows. But a roomy back seat while still getting decent cargo space is perfect for me.

But for those needing 3 rows, I can see the lucid being the only one that can create something useful.

I have a deposit on an R1S. And I think it’s a great vehicle. But my hope is the gravity comes sooner than later and I can get one.

I have a Lotus and Hummer SUV on order. Neither has great range.

Already have an R1S on order (since early 2021) .. no idea when we may get delivery
(btw, put in a Hummer SUV reservation too, but never heard a thing from GM. .. likely cancelling.. if I ever hear back)

So you can put in a 200 kWh pack and get 200 miles of range?
well .. I didn't say it'd be an EV .. but, my friend did implement one w/ 95 kWh battery w/ 200 mi. range (Himalaya Defender EV)

... I don't believe that model is "flying off the shelves" ;)

Lyriq will made in Detroit.

Blazer EV and Prologue will be made GM factory in Ramos Arizpe, Coahuila, Mexico
Lyriq is made in Spring Hill, TN (the former Saturn plant). Factory Zero in Detroit is producing the larger format Ultium vehicles (Hummer, Silverado, Sierra)

Lotus can do 375, that’s great range for its class.
From Car and Driver:

The high-performance Eletre R's range isn't as impressive and Lotus estimates only about 302 miles per charge on the European WLTP, which would equate to about 250 miles by the EPA's guidelines.

Back