Grand Touring Tracker (Archive)

Status
Not open for further replies.
VIN day was 4/12. Car completed assembly and is awaiting shipment from Casa Grande to Chicago as of today.

I ordered a Zenith red but guess it'll be white with small windows for a while.

If you don't mind tracking how long it takes from leaving the factory to Chicago, that would be appreciated.

VIN day was 4/12. Car completed assembly and is awaiting shipment from Casa Grande to Chicago as of today.

I ordered a Zenith red but guess it'll be white with small windows for a while.
Did you get an email or phone call letting you know it completed assembly?

Not yet but my VIN was a bit after yours so any time now I imagine

I feel bad posting this given how long people have been waiting with the delays / issues. I was VERY fortunate enough that a cancellation / order change came up while the car was either en route to the SC or at the SC and needed a new owner.

I did say I didn’t want to cut in front of anyone and was told this wasn’t the case so I’m assuming it was a case of just sheer luck. I picked up a Zenith Red / Santa Cruz on Friday. The car is amazing and still getting used to everything. Booked in for full PPF and Ceramic Coating next week.

For those who aren’t hard set on your configurations, I’d reach out to your DA and see if you can go on a list to be contacted in the event someone cancels. I said I was willing to consider changing the spec if something came up but was just fortunate enough to get the configuration I ordered.

The other week my original order was 11 vehicles away from being assigned a VIN so guessing it’s now come off the production line and been assigned to someone else.
Am I remembering this wrong? Didn't you have a grey reservation?

Screen Shot 2022-04-18 at 4.37.21 PM.png

Appears to be an overflow from the presumed test drive vehicle area. They are uncovered like the ones from the top-most area, whereas other cars in this area are typically are covered outside of the part it usually is missing (driver door, front windshield, etc.)

Just heard from my DA confirming greys are in production and I should receive a vin by the end of April. After the notification of vin, production could take 2 to 6 weeks.
Since I'm leaving Scottsdale for Reno the end of May where I take delivery will be determined later.

Here is a zoom in of that lower section, what, about 80+ wrapped cars?

Attachments

• lucid-lot-0418-zoom.png
    lucid-lot-0418-zoom.png
    5.8 MB · Views: 81
No, was always the Zenith Red.
Oh! Grats! Aren't you glad you didn't cancel! Wasn't that only like 2 weeks ago?

I feel bad posting this given how long people have been waiting with the delays / issues. I was VERY fortunate enough that a cancellation / order change came up while the car was either en route to the SC or at the SC and needed a new owner.

I did say I didn’t want to cut in front of anyone and was told this wasn’t the case so I’m assuming it was a case of just sheer luck. I picked up a Zenith Red / Santa Cruz on Friday. The car is amazing and still getting used to everything. Booked in for full PPF and Ceramic Coating next week.

For those who aren’t hard set on your configurations, I’d reach out to your DA and see if you can go on a list to be contacted in the event someone cancels. I said I was willing to consider changing the spec if something came up but was just fortunate enough to get the configuration I ordered.

The other week my original order was 11 vehicles away from being assigned a VIN so guessing it’s now come off the production line and been assigned to someone else.
Dude, congrats!

The drone shots would appear to agree with you....
If they are complete, the VINs have already been assigned, and I assume they are finished, they are waiting for transport. Hopefully the lot stays filled because they are making them as fast as they can ship them, and not that they can't ship because the delivery centers are swamped. A quick rough count is 80-90? It seemed like a bit more on the previous shot. What I am curious about though is when will our group see some new VINs assigned and are they mostly Greys? I am just guessing of course. Our group got 8 new VINs April 11-13, so 5 days of silence, which is not new.

I got my VIN earlier today. 2-6 weeks from VIN to delivery (standard timeline that everyone gets).

Zenith Red, Santa-Cruz, 19" wheels.
Reserved: 11/23/2021
Confirmed: 01/05/2022
VIN: 04/18/2022.
Congrats!

@mnewber1 still waiting on mine to finish PDI since arriving at the studio on 4/14. I’m betting Millbrae is slammed right now.

Oh! Grats! Aren't you glad you didn't cancel! Wasn't that only like 2 weeks ago?
Yes, the communication issues were certainly frustrating but glad I didn’t cancel in the end. After I got my new DA things went much smoother. What people have said on here is true, the after sales response and follow up is quick. I’ve got a rattle / clicking noise in the passenger seat when going above 70mph. Contacted customer care and they’re coming out on Friday to look. Also saw a weird panel gap issue in the passenger and drivers door around the seal. Looks like it’s not flush but turns out they’re all like that.

Minor issues I feel for a brand new company so and extremely happy with the fit and finish of the car. Booked into Autoskinz next week for it’s PPF and Ceramic Coating

Attachments

• 4AFD72A2-8BE9-44E4-A47D-AD601AEDF806.jpeg
    4AFD72A2-8BE9-44E4-A47D-AD601AEDF806.jpeg
    1.9 MB · Views: 150
  • 1C0CA09F-2F53-4602-BB91-A3794B7B2677.jpeg
    1C0CA09F-2F53-4602-BB91-A3794B7B2677.jpeg
    1.9 MB · Views: 128
  • 95858997-C642-495E-88F8-4064C02F92F3.jpeg
    95858997-C642-495E-88F8-4064C02F92F3.jpeg
    1.9 MB · Views: 115
  • 4D357680-D78C-421D-AB53-673E94D22371.jpeg
    4D357680-D78C-421D-AB53-673E94D22371.jpeg
    2 MB · Views: 126
  • 5E498FB3-61ED-4817-AAAC-670E9BF59770.jpeg
    5E498FB3-61ED-4817-AAAC-670E9BF59770.jpeg
    1.2 MB · Views: 139

One of the things that makes this forum stand out to me is the intelligent members who share great details of ownership (or questions we should be asking before buying). Yet, it’s a tie when i consider the good will and selfless acts toward other members by folks who (at least initially) are all anonymous to each other. @HC_79 shows us the way again with this post saying he doesn’t “want to cut in front of anyone”. This is character, and so much more valuable than the beautiful machine we are all in coveting.

Yes, the communication issues were certainly frustrating but glad I didn’t cancel in the end. After I got my new DA things went much smoother. What people have said on here is true, the after sales response and follow up is quick. I’ve got a rattle / clicking noise in the passenger seat when going above 70mph. Contacted customer care and they’re coming out on Friday to look. Also saw a weird panel gap issue in the passenger and drivers door around the seal. Looks like it’s not flush but turns out they’re all like that.

Minor issues I feel for a brand new company so and extremely happy with the fit and finish of the car. Booked into Autoskinz next week for it’s PPF and Ceramic Coating

I'm glad you stuck it out! I thought you were going to cancel for sure a few weeks ago when the April deadline came and went but really happy you didn't. I'm also glad a VP at Lucid called you. What other company does that? Aside from communications issues, which appear to be part of Lucid's growing pains, what more could you ask from a company? And from their first product?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back