Grand Touring Tracker (Archive)

Status
Not open for further replies.
My DA (Tony in CA) just called with my VIN. White GT,Mojave,19". Reserved Nov 6, ordered Jan 18. The car is in Houston being prepped for delivery to me in Dallas the next week or so. Flying to Scottsdale Thursday for my test drive. Excited and a bit nervous... Happening faster than expected.

My DA (Tony in CA) just called with my VIN. White GT,Mojave,19". Reserved Nov 6, ordered Jan 18. The car is in Houston being prepped for delivery to me in Dallas the next week or so. Flying to Scottsdale Thursday for my test drive. Excited and a bit nervous... Happening faster than expected.
Interesting that you received your vin after general assembly was done. I’m still expecting 3-8 weeks for delivery after getting my VIN today.

Interesting that you received your vin after general assembly was done. I’m still expecting 3-8 weeks for delivery after getting my VIN today.
Tony (DA) called a week ago and said there might be a car available with my spec. that someone else had cancelled. Kind of took it w a grain of salt, but told Tony I'd be interested. So today he called and said it was already in Houston. Does any of this seem strange?? It does feel a bit unfair for people that had ordered before me?? Last thing I want is a controversy.

Tony (DA) called a week ago and said there might be a car available with my spec. that someone else had cancelled. Kind of took it w a grain of salt, but told Tony I'd be interested. So today he called and said it was already in Houston. Does any of this seem strange?? It does feel a bit unfair for people that had ordered before me?? Last thing I want is a controversy.
Ahh that makes sense. Yeah I was given the 3-8 week also for recent assigned VIN. Congrats!

Happens a lot with Tesla, too so it's not too strange. If you're willing to take what comes, then it may come faster.

Yes you probably were I spoke with him last week and told him if the interior is holding up production I'd switch. He never mentioned that vehicle, nor has he called back after our discussion. Still waiting.

Called my DA today to ask about the Grey delay. He didn’t go into details but confirmed my car was still on track within my 4 month timeframe (confirmed Grey / Santa Cruz 2/15/22). He said to expect delivery up to 6 weeks after getting a VIN. As other posters have mentioned, the DA’s have to be limited (either being told what not to say, or not being told certain info) for the company to avoid a mess of speculation. I would naturally be happy getting some inside news about my car but appreciate that it could lead to disappointment for anyone who didn’t get that level of detail (or info that was just wrong). Again, here’s to the first Grey’s…hoping they get announced very soon for those with the early confirmations.

Dude, I’m glad that happened for you. No surprise at all - this will happen more as they scale up.

Should be no controversy. Just a big congratulations.

Sent the note today to DA saying, unless it’s on a truck already, just ship to CT. I get a text back saying my car arrived at the Riviera Service center this morning! He said the service center knew my deadline (Friday) and if they couldn’t have the car ready by then, they would ship to CT. A little bit of a roller coaster but trending in right direction.
Picking up car in Riviera Beach Thursday afternoon. Will be using @SaratogaLefty's checklist. Really excited. Have a bunch of people who want to see it before I head north next week.

All non-Gray or Silver Santa Cruz cars have VINs except for: @Dortreo, @dawktah LucidGT, @groundhog, @copper, @dale246. Which I have to imagine will come soon if this trend continues.
I'm guessing when all those Red Santa Cruz from December are assigned VINs they'll next give the January Reds VINs since they're doing that color batch. At least I can selfishly hope

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back