Grand Touring Tracker (Archive)

Status
Not open for further replies.
i fully expect that Licid will do a price increase soon. Another reason to plunk down a deposit as they will be loathe to raise the price on someone who has a reservation. you are especially safe if you have a confirmed Grand Touring order as the price has already been agreed to (benefit of no deal ships who might try to add their markup later!)
I don’t know if they can. The car is already priced at a premium and what are you paying for? The distance? Software features that whilst promised aren’t available yet?

I don’t see how the Pure is going to compete at its current price so if they raise it further and for a factory that’s currently being built to make 96,000 a year in 2023 there seems to be a very slow uptake in reservations. At this point in time the existing line has the capacity to fulfill all its orders and room for more…..

Maybe I’m missing something but at this stage of the game 25,000 seems low and yet money is being spent on expanding the factory and building another one in Saudi Arabia.

I don’t know if they can. The car is already priced at a premium and what are you paying for? The distance? Software features that whilst promised aren’t available yet?

I don’t see how the Pure is going to compete at its current price so if they raise it further and for a factory that’s currently being built to make 96,000 a year in 2023 there seems to be a very slow uptake in reservations. At this point in time the existing line has the capacity to fulfill all its orders and room for more…..

Maybe I’m missing something but at this stage of the game 25,000 seems low and yet money is being spent on expanding the factory and building another one in Saudi Arabia.

Peak annual sales for Model S were about 25K and only in years prior to the Model 3 being available and when Tesla was the only game in town. In 2022, 25K reservations is relatively decent though there’s bound to be high attrition, especially if Lucid continues to cut production. And Casa Grande is really being built for the Gravity, not the Air. The luxury SUV market will become crowded in a few years, so Lucid’s only chance of having an impact is to develop production capability as quickly as possible.

As for Saudi, sedans are still the preferred vehicle ex-US, so building Airs there makes a ton of sense. With E-class size but S-class interior, the Air will do well in EU markets, where smaller cars are the norm. And with a better charging infrastructure in Asia, the four-seat exec style 18-pack Air is likely to be a decent seller. Lucid actually has a very smart ex-US strategy, which might put them ahead of other new EV makers like Rivian.

Last edited:
Peak annual sales for Model S was about 25K and only in years prior to the Model 3 being available and when Tesla was the only game in town. In 2022, 25K reservations is relatively decent though there’s bound to be high attrition, especially if Lucid continues to cut production. And Casa Grande is really being built for the Gravity, not the Air. The luxury SUV market will become crowded in a few years, so Lucid’s only chance of having an impact is to develop production capability as quickly as possible.

As for Saudi, sedans are still the preferred vehicle ex-US, so building Airs there makes a ton of sense. With E-class size but S-class interior, the Air will do well in EU markets, where smaller cars are the norm. And with a better charging infrastructure in Asia, the four-seat exec style 18-pack Air is likely to be a decent seller. Lucid actually has a very smart ex-US strategy, which might put them ahead of other new EV makers like Rivian.
My only wish is to get a four-seat exec style in the US at some point. I'd pay handsomely to convert my DE to one of those...

My only wish is to get a four-seat exec style in the US at some point. I'd pay handsomely to convert my DE to one of those...
I’d pay handsomely for a tri motor…

Reserved Black AGT (Santa Cruz, 19 inch wheels) on 9/30/20. Confirmed 11/15/21.
Welcome to the forums, thanks for your information. Based on what we received earlier - those with early confirmations and Santa Cruz interior should start to get their VINs in 1H of April (especially with Black, White, or Red)

Thanks. Spoke with Lucid yesterday and they said I should expect the VIN any day, certainly in the next few weeks. So fingers crossed. I asked about Santa Cruz issues and he said that they had the material for Santa Cruz in house and that there were cars on the production line right now with Santa Cruz.

Thanks. Spoke with Lucid yesterday and they said I should expect the VIN any day, certainly in the next few weeks. So fingers crossed. I asked about Santa Cruz issues and he said that they had the material for Santa Cruz in house and that there were cars on the production line right now with Santa Cruz.
This is great to hear. I’ve been wondering how solid the rumor I got was through the supply chain. Sounds like it was less of an issue than I was told. Maybe just a production sequencing thing?

You don't build a factory to meet current demand - you build it to meet forecasted future demand. Gravity, M3/MY equivalents, tri-motor, roadster, 250 - 300 mile range "affordable" car. What will the demand be? I don't know. But it's apparent that Lucid thinks it will be big.

Your comments about the CEO needs to be spending all his time addressing supply chain issues and communication is very different from my thinking. As the CEO of a Fortune 50 company stated during a Bring your kid to work broadcast when asked what his job is - It's to see the big picture and have a vision of where the company should be 5, 10 , 20 years down the road. Communicate that vision to the executive team and their job is to make it happen. His job is also to put in place an executive team capable of executing his vision. Peter is an engineer by trade - that's all he's ever been. I think he's doing the right thing sticking to what he knows and relying on those he has hired to do what they supposedly know.

Have Doreen/Zak been apprised by staff about dissatisfaction by customers regarding lack of communication? Or like @hydbob suggested, this forum represents such a small slice of customers that we are statistically insignificant even if we are the best self-informed customers. I think it's important that people like @CLTGT and @Sandvinsd communicate directly with people like Doreen to make them aware of how people feel after not getting satisfaction from their DAs. It's good to see it happening.

For those near DC, Tysons is now able to do test drives. My wife and I will be headed there tomorrow. Hopefully it’s just a decision afterwards of black or red. Wish it were my decision…

Have Doreen/Zak been apprised by staff about dissatisfaction by customers regarding lack of communication? Or like @hydbob suggested, this forum represents such a small slice of customers that we are statistically insignificant even if we are the best self-informed customers. I think it's important that people like @CLTGT and @Sandvinsd communicate directly with people like Doreen to make them aware of how people feel after not getting satisfaction from their DAs. It's good to see it happening.
See Doreen’s Reply to me in the Production thread

Hi all - my first review on Grand Touring. Sublime. All the previous positive reviews on Dream Edition I'd just reiterate. Software is catching up - and the reason why people don't seem to be worried about that- is that the car itself is just so damn good - the trust is in the leadership to make it catch up. Tough to describe- the acceleration through 100MPH, the handling, the ride suspension, the luxury everything, the sound system. The glass. The outdoor and indoor styling. It exceeds everything advertised.

Which is amazing. Like most others here - I came from 6 years of Tesla (3 p85, 3 P100D). Tesla is a great company- still have a Model Y- and they always did and do everything to make a customer smile. They are a self proclaimed tech company who built a car. Lucid is a luxury/performance car company building out its tech.

I'm really so impressed- my delivery associate Fabio and Sales Associate Leo have uber communicative and stellar. All of us here are early adopters - so I'm expecting hiccups. Inevitable - I think - but don't hope for obviously. But just a pep talk for everyone here - it's worth the wait. This car is not a Tesla killer - it's not even a Mercedes S class killer. It's developing its own EV space which is a combination of bespoke luxury, top end racing specs, unbelievable range, technology out of the box good - excellence to come, and gorgeous looks. It checks every box.

Excuse the effusiveness - but when you see it - you'll believe it. Keep the faith- they're ramping up. Thanks- will check in from time to time.

Hi all - my first review on Grand Touring. Sublime. All the previous positive reviews on Dream Edition I'd just reiterate. Software is catching up - and the reason why people don't seem to be worried about that- is that the car itself is just so damn good - the trust is in the leadership to make it catch up. Tough to describe- the acceleration through 100MPH, the handling, the ride suspension, the luxury everything, the sound system. The glass. The outdoor and indoor styling. It exceeds everything advertised.

Which is amazing. Like most others here - I came from 6 years of Tesla (3 p85, 3 P100D). Tesla is a great company- still have a Model Y- and they always did and do everything to make a customer smile. They are a self proclaimed tech company who built a car. Lucid is a luxury/performance car company building out its tech.

I'm really so impressed- my delivery associate Fabio and Sales Associate Leo have uber communicative and stellar. All of us here are early adopters - so I'm expecting hiccups. Inevitable - I think - but don't hope for obviously. But just a pep talk for everyone here - it's worth the wait. This car is not a Tesla killer - it's not even a Mercedes S class killer. It's developing its own EV space which is a combination of bespoke luxury, top end racing specs, unbelievable range, technology out of the box good - excellence to come, and gorgeous looks. It checks every box.

Excuse the effusiveness - but when you see it - you'll believe it. Keep the faith- they're ramping up. Thanks- will check in from time to time.

@Neuner89, Would it be possible to post pictures of the interior. I have a similar configuration(Tahoe,Red,19 inch wheels) and made my selections solely based on the Lucid's meta world .

Hey all - just got my Lucid GT today - on schedule and great service. Unfortunately I was on a plane to California- will be back Friday night to inspect myself- but my daughter says it looks awesome. Forgive the snowy pics - we live in CT - it will melt. Really hope this bodes well for all you who are tracking - they are really sticking to their promised timelines- hope you all get yours soon.

The tan interior is just so clean to me.

Thanks for the info! Very helpful
I expect my GT to be delivered within the next month and was considering having it tinted as well since I live in AZ and have always had my prior cars tinted, including my current Tesla S. Disappointed that Lucid doesn't offer it through the factory or service center prior to delivery. Can you tell me what the tinting and wrapping is going to cost.

[/QUOTE
Appreciate the commentary. Lots of people getting frustrated so hearing it’s worth the wait is medicinal. We can start a tri state (think I saw a thread on that a while back) or CT only club when I head back from Florida the middle of April. By that time, I’m pretty confident I’ll have my AGT since I received my VIN almost 3 weeks ago. I’ll be in Westport.

I expect my GT to be delivered within the next month and was considering having it tinted as well since I live in AZ and have always had my prior cars tinted, including my current Tesla S. Disappointed that Lucid doesn't offer it through the factory or service center prior to delivery. Can you tell me what the tinting and wrapping is going to cost.
Are there any companies that offer tinting and wrapping from the factory?

Either way, a full front, ceramic coating and tint cost me around $6500

Are there any companies that offer tinting and wrapping from the factory?

Either way, a full front, ceramic coating and tint cost me around $6500
So my car is in for the PPF and ceramic coating. He said to do the tinting on the side windows they would have to remove the door panels so I decided to pass. I don't want anything removed as I know that could lead to squeaks and rattles down the road (pun intended). Did your guy remove the door panels? I may get it done later if it really turns out to be something I think I need.

So my car is in for the PPF and ceramic coating. He said to do the tinting on the side windows they would have to remove the door panels so I decided to pass. I don't want anything removed as I know that could lead to squeaks and rattles down the road (pun intended). Did your guy remove the door panels? I may get it done later if it really turns out to be something I think I need.

My guy did not. Go see JLenin window tinting

Mine did but they put it back together nice. Can't even tell and no squeaks or rattles

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back