Grand Touring Tracker (Archive)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Fyi, I locked in my loan with bofa. 72 months @ 2.99.
I figured I can use some of that borrowed money to buy stocks and pay for my air since wall st is so beat up cheap.... Unless the market is going to suck even more. Lol. God I hope not.

I figured I can use some of that borrowed money to buy stocks and pay for my air since wall st is so beat up cheap.... Unless the market is going to suck even more. Lol. God I hope not.
I thought that BofA would be the cheapest rate ( Lucid sponsored) and all banks are reading off the same play sheet after talking to a few including USAA. My last stop was PenFed and they quoted me 2.49 for 48 months. I jumped on it and locked in 2 weeks ago. It pays to keep looking because you never know who is lagging hiking rates a few weeks behind the big boys

Would that be enough for someone to just say “forget it”? I think someone would need to be pretty unwisely extended for a 1-2% interest rate increase to be a dealbreaker.
It could be. I wanted to finance to keep the cash for other projects, but now will not. My ‘dealbreaker’ is that I now will be cancelling my other home improvement projects. So it has a ripple effect.

Well, 5 mo. since reservation and 2 mo. since confirmation and still no word on my silver GT…..BUT, my pencils have arrived!! Of course, they were promptly seized by my artist wife. Oh well….

Picked up my red Santa Cruz today. I can’t say the process was smooth. The payment logistics and getting the car were a horror show for many reasons, some not Lucids fault. They did try to make it up to me by loading me up with merchandise and both Billy Belke at the short hills and Noah at headquarters were very helpful and tried to smooth things over. The car needs a visit from mobile service ( one handle won’t present, piece of trim loose). On the trip home the radio went out, actually all sound but came back after parking. I drove home at night in a driving rain storm ( strangely did the same thing with my Z8 12 years ago). Happy that I finally have it. View attachment 2055

While Tesla didn’t hand out Veuve Clicquot, they did hand out some very nice swag, pre-mass market M3 and MY days. We got umbrellas, fancy pens, coffee mugs, a jacket, a couple of hats, a t-shirt, pins, key fobs in a box so beautifully crafted that it would have been worthy of Steve Jobs’ Apple packaging.

I’ll be at westchester cars and coffee tomorrow Sunday in Peekskill right down by the waterfront near the train station from 8-10. There is usually a couple hundred interesting cars but the organizer is pimping my ride on Facebook. If anyone is in the area stop on by

For the tracker:

AGT Black/Mohave/21” wheels
Reserved 11/18/21
Confirmed 3/15/22
Contacted by DA 3/16/22
No VIN

Fantastic review - so full of answers to the main questions I know we all have. This board can be scary when the focus becomes the software issues that you correctly point out are getting solved one by one, but the main reason most of us want this car is for the exhilarating driving qualities (I'm speaking only as one having done a test drive, but I got it immediately). So, thanks for keeping it positive AND real...helpful as the rest of us await our turn.

Fantastic review - so full of answers to the main questions I know we all have. This board can be scary when the focus becomes the software issues that you correctly point out are getting solved one by one, but the main reason most of us want this car is for the exhilarating driving qualities (I'm speaking only as one having done a test drive, but I got it immediately). So, thanks for keeping it positive AND real...helpful as the rest of us await our turn.
Glad it helped. I decided on the lucid because I want to enjoy the drive as much as possible while giving up as little as possible in comfort and range. So far it has fulfilled exactly that.

I’ve been very aware of the concerns people have, so the minor nature of any issues so far is a pleasant surprise. There’s plenty to address, but nowhere near as much as I expected for a new car maker at this stage in their journey.

I thought that BofA would be the cheapest rate ( Lucid sponsored) and all banks are reading off the same play sheet after talking to a few including USAA. My last stop was PenFed and they quoted me 2.49 for 48 months. I jumped on it and locked in 2 weeks ago. It pays to keep looking because you never know who is lagging hiking rates a few weeks behind the big boys
If you haven’t paid already and are in the Bay Area, check SF Federal Credit Union. They still have 1.49% for a 60mo EV loan. Sarah Tovar was my loan officer and they did a great job with everything - highly recommended.

If you haven’t paid already and are in the Bay Area, check SF Federal Credit Union. They still have 1.49% for a 60mo EV loan. Sarah Tovar was my loan officer and they did a great job with everything - highly recommended.
Do you have to be a SF resident? I live in Sonoma County.

Do you have to be a SF resident? I live in Sonoma County.
You can study, work or worship in SF or San Mateo county, or join MyPath as well to qualify (I haven’t investigated that option in detail)

Edit: I think working remotely for an employer based in the county works too.

You can study, work or worship in SF or San Mateo county, or join MyPath as well to qualify (I haven’t investigated that option in detail)

Edit: I think working remotely for an employer based in the county works too.
Yeah I remotely work for Menlo Park based company but my loan application worked!

Only one person has said they received a confirmation for a 12/3 order. Many others from 11/30 through mid-December have not. So unclear about the most recent confirmations for now. The January batch is through late- November, not through the end.
@Bcovill: red/Tahoe; confirm 1/13/22; VIN assigned 4/21/22; moved from factory to delivery location 5/7/22; to be delivered this week.

I can’t say the process was smooth. The payment logistics and getting the car were a horror show for many reasons, some not Lucids fault.
What were some of the issues you ran into? I’m expecting to pick mine in a few weeks so just wanted to be prepared.

What were some of the issues you ran into? I’m expecting to pick mine in a few weeks so just wanted to be prepared.
I’m sure most of my issues were unique and not related to Lucid as a whole. It was one of those things that if it could go wrong it did. My DA was overwhelmed so some of the duties fell to his assistant. The assistant gave me the address to send my check overnight. 8 hours later sent me another email “ my bad here is the right addresses “. Needless to say my check was lost for a few days and we didn’t know if I was to cancel that check and reissue which would add 7 Buisness days. My Da went dark during this so I went higher up in the company ( thanks Noah you did great). My car spent a couple weeks at goose island but was still shipped out with a non working passenger side door handle, loose trim and a non working phone charger. Then to pick up the Lyft was 1 hour 45 min late which put us in rush hour on the garden state. Two hours to make a 50 min trip ( not lucids fault but still annoying) there were a host of smaller problems and I felt like I was always chasing someone down rather than lucid being proactive. But I got the car so it’s all good.

I’m sure most of my issues were unique and not related to Lucid as a whole. It was one of those things that if it could go wrong it did. My DA was overwhelmed so some of the duties fell to his assistant. The assistant gave me the address to send my check overnight. 8 hours later sent me another email “ my bad here is the right addresses “. Needless to say my check was lost for a few days and we didn’t know if I was to cancel that check and reissue which would add 7 Buisness days. My Da went dark during this so I went higher up in the company ( thanks Noah you did great). My car spent a couple weeks at goose island but was still shipped out with a non working passenger side door handle, loose trim and a non working phone charger. Then to pick up the Lyft was 1 hour 45 min late which put us in rush hour on the garden state. Two hours to make a 50 min trip ( not lucids fault but still annoying) there were a host of smaller problems and I felt like I was always chasing someone down rather than lucid being proactive. But I got the car so it’s all good.
I went to service center for the first time to check my delivery before financial processing, they closed the shop 1 hour before their specified business hours and so I wasted 1.5 hours time fought for the traffic. and 3 hours round trip for nothing. Aside from that episode. I am extremely pleased with customer service and very happy with this car.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back