Grand Touring Tracker (Archive)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just remember, as much as we don't like to hear it, "friends" of friends or influencers or celebrities will jump the queue. Just the way of the world...

Damn! They really cranked out a lot of AGT in May.

Damn! They really cranked out a lot of AGT in May.
Did you look at the Tracker? VIN assignments and deliveries are really down in May. Most of those cars at Service Centers we’re probably produced in April and now they have a hold on deliveries to a big extent. There have been a few, but deliveries have stalled. We have heard from more than one source that deliveries were halted and PDI time has doubled. We really do not know the details of why, but it certainly isn’t the result of something good. We might just now be seeing deliveries of cars that were before The production issues or were at the front end of the re-inspection process.

Posting this a bit late as things have been pretty crazy at work.

1. Reserved: Nov-23-2021
2. Confirmed: Jan-05-2022
3. VIN: Apr-18-2022
4. Delivered: May-04-2022 (just met the 4-month window from confirmation).
  • Asked them to remove aero covers from all four wheels. The disc that says "Lucid" in the center of each wheel is not a part of the aero cover that can be removed. It is a separate piece.
  • They also ordered lug-nut covers for me. Did not pay for either items
5. Went straight to the PPF place from Millbrae. All painted surfaces wrapped in Xpel Ultimate Fusion (a newly announced product from Xpel that has the ceramic coating on it). Picked up my car about a week later. I went straight to a nearby EA charging station and had zero issues getting it to charge for the first time - it was simply plug-n-go.
6. Been driving the car for about 4 days now. I had to go back to Millbrae to get the frunk seal reseated/readjusted. I was seeing a flashing "frunk" icon on the main pilot panel. No other issues so far.
7. I could not stand the look of rubber mats, so I ordered this from Amazon: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07956VTJS/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o09_s00?ie=UTF8&th=1. Seems to fit okay (scroll down for second image). The mats do not come with any weird smell. Nothing other than new-car smell inside. :)
8. I have not seen any lock/unlock issues so far. I mostly just carry my phone and the car has always unlocked reliably.

IMG-1433.JPG

IMG-1434.jpg

Last edited:

• Asked them to remove aero covers from all four wheels. The disc that says "Lucid" in the center of each wheel is not a part of the aero cover that can be removed. It is a separate piece.
5. Went straight to the PPF place from Millbrae. All painted surfaces wrapped in Xpel Ultimate Fusion (a newly announced product from Xpel that has the ceramic coating on it). Picked up my car about a week later. I went straight to a nearby EA charging station and had zero issues getting it to charge for the first time - it was simply plug-n-go.
6. Been driving the car for about 4 days now. I had to go back to Millbrae to get the frunk seal reseated/readjusted. I was seeing a flashing "frunk" icon on the main pilot panel. No other issues so far.
7. I could not stand the look of rubber mats, so I ordered this from Amazon: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07956VTJS/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o09_s00?ie=UTF8&th=1. Seems to fit okay (scroll down for second image). The mats do not come with any weird smell. Nothing other than new-car smell inside. :)
8. I have not seen any lock/unlock issues so far. I mostly just carry my phone and the car has always unlocked reliably.

View attachment 2211

View attachment 2212

Has anyone posted a "how to" remove the aerodynamic wheel covers on the 19" wheels?

How do these mats fit? Do you have to trim the edges at all?
I think it fits okay. This is just a temporary measure for me till the Mojave mats are available for sale. It’s roughly the same size as the Weathertech mats heavily promoted on this forum. No, I did not trim anything.

View attachment 2211

View attachment 2212
Glad to hear the delivery went so smoothly. How have you been enjoying the car?

Just joined the VIN club!
Red/Santa Cruz, 19" wheels,
Reserved Nov '21,
confirmed Jan 14 2022
Delivery to Westchester, NY
Quick update, car has been at Goose Island since May 3 and still not through the first step of the two step final inspection process. Sounds like the discussion of enhanced QC is holding true here. No estimate of when the car will be done. It was easier to wait when there was no car built. The closer it is to delivery the more impatient I get.

Still no VIN for me after a December confirmation of a zenith red GT. Getting a tad discouraged.

Seems almost the same as the May 16th shot, this is the May 18th flyover...

lucid-motors-factory-lot-may18.jpg

Oh and it does look silver, he zoomed in a lot...

silver-lucid-air-may18.jpg

Via

I stopped at the Millbrae center on the way home from SF today, so that my wife could see and sit in the car, and to help sharpen my decision-making about my GT on order. If all you've seen is the Valley Fair location, I'd highly recommend a visit to Millbrae. There were six cars parked for service and another ten or so waiting for inspection. I was able to look at a white GT with Santa Cruz interior, same as my order, and was very happy with it. I might need a Kermit wrap after seeing this though.
Kermit GT.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back