Grand Touring Deliveries?

Q
Seven months after I took delivery of my Audi e-tron Edition One I reserved a GT ($1k deposit) in December 2019. I’ve been told my Zenith Red GT will be in the first 200 produced. Hoping so!
so I wonder if they are in batches of 200 then?

Last edited:
@Neurio I'm surprised with that early of a reservation you weren't one of the ones to get a GT VIN already.

@Neurio I'm surprised with that early of a reservation you weren't one of the ones to get a GT VIN already.
What that tells me, as well as the fact that @AZAirGT doesn't have a VIN either, is one of two things. Either they're starting with black or white GTs, or they've only given out a few VINs and there are people out there with reservations even earlier than us.

What that tells me, as well as the fact that @AZAirGT doesn't have a VIN either, is one of two things. Either they're starting with black or white GTs, or they've only given out a few VINs and there are people out there with reservations even earlier than us.
Given that white and black comes standard (and free) on Pure and Touring, I imagine it's the cheapest and quickest to produce.

Spoke to my DA today and he confirmed that the GT's are in production and some people got Vin #s

A few of us have confirmed our GTs are in production.

Someone also said their DA said that they were allowed to say they're in production on that day - which may imply they have been in production prior too.

My DA, who I really like and who has a strong connection with the best ice cream and pizza place in Massachusetts, was very conservative and careful with what he had to say regarding GTs being in production: While he freely confirmed GTs are now in production, he was also careful to stress that it didn't affect my timeline for GT delivery (still March to May as he and I discussed back in January). He was clearly relieved when I said that I was in no hurry for delivery and that my experience taking MBA classes with Ford engineers at Michigan taught me that car production is ridiculously difficult. I guess he must be getting lots of grief from other customers regarding timelines.

With all the issues with software and with initial build quality, why the eagerness to get your AGT delivered? What's the benefit?

My DA, who I really like and who has a strong connection with the best ice cream and pizza place in Massachusetts, was very conservative and careful with what he had to say regarding GTs being in production: While he freely confirmed GTs are now in production, he was also careful to stress that it didn't affect my timeline for GT delivery (still March to May as he and I discussed back in January). He was clearly relieved when I said that I was in no hurry for delivery and that my experience taking MBA classes with Ford engineers at Michigan taught me that car production is ridiculously difficult. I guess he must be getting lots of grief from other customers regarding timelines.

With all the issues with software and with initial build quality, why the eagerness to get your AGT delivered? What's the benefit?
Obviously, the GT owners want to help the DE owners beta test :D:p

Now I want to know what you consider the best ice cream and pizza place in Massachusetts.

For me, I simply am impatient. I really cannot wait to stop driving my S, which I refer to as my "hunk of junk" since it hasn't taken kindly to Bay Area roads and I joke will simply start losing parts one day when I go over a particularly large speed bump.

Now I want to know what you consider the best ice cream and pizza place in Massachusetts.
I am not the OP, but I would say Armando's in Cambridge for pizza, and the best ice cream used to be Herrell's, but they closed. Now I think Sundae School is on top along with Toscannani's. I could list about 10 other great ones because I have sampled at least 50 different places in the state :p

My DA, who I really like and who has a strong connection with the best ice cream and pizza place in Massachusetts,

I too am interested to see what places you are referring to. I'm a fan of Christina's ice cream in Cambridge.

I am not the OP, but I would say Armando's in Cambridge for pizza, and the best ice cream used to be Herrell's, but they closed. Now I think Sundae School is on top along with Toscannani's. I could list about 10 other great ones because I have sampled at least 50 different places in the state :p

OH MY GOD I MISS TOSCI’S SO MUCH

Also Cinderella. Please tell me cinderella is still there on mass Ave

Obviously, the GT owners want to help the DE owners beta test :D:p

Yes,

For me, I simply am impatient. I really cannot wait to stop driving my S, which I refer to as my "hunk of junk" since it hasn't taken kindly to Bay Area roads and I joke will simply start losing parts one day when I go over a particularly large speed bump.

New City Microcreamery in Hudson, MA. Rail Trail Pizza is right across the street, and New City itself has a hidden speakeasy with a decent cocktail menu in the back of the ice cream shop. All are outstanding and in combination with Medusa Brewing make for a very efficient date night.

I’m driving a 2016 Subaru Outback with 105K miles. Unfortunately, with its build quality, this car will last forever. Damn.

OH MY GOD I MISS TOSCI’S SO MUCH

Also Cinderella. Please tell me cinderella is still there on mass Ave
Toscanini’s is really, really good and still going strong. Unfortunately, Cinderella’s is gone. Never went there but went to Toscanini’s when I worked in Central Square, especially at the end of a bad day. I’ve always loved Herrell’s and Steve’s before that. But as I’m a Yalie, I’m not allowed to say nice things about Cambridge.

Back