Tesla2.0

Referral Code - F0ZQ8SWA
Verified Owner
Cars
Lucid Air Grand Touring
Referral Code
F0ZQ8SWA
Very impressive specs!
300 kW battery? Looks like it would take $130 to be fully charged at EA station.
AACD2E80-2315-4C18-9169-1235D9DCC6D3.jpeg

For the past few months, I submitted email requests, no response from their page at all. And dealership has no info.
2FD20B81-1C63-432D-868A-BE69CF53427B.jpeg

I saw one in the wild today. It just look so slick!!!!

300kW is the charge rate, not the battery capacity.
So maybe 220kW or 230kW. I know it’s energy sucker, but if EA gets all new generation 350kW on, 0~65% under an hour isn’t as bad…

The truck is so heavy (almost twice the weight of his old Suburban), it cracked my neighbor driveway !!!

It also costs him more to drive this crazy EV than his old 2021 Suburban !!!

So maybe 220kW or 230kW. I know it’s energy sucker, but if EA gets all new generation 350kW on, 0~65% under an hour isn’t as bad…

Don't get me wrong, I think that the Hummer EVs are totally cool. I even let one pass me while driving my Lucid on the freeway just so that I could look at it. Now that I have done that, it will never happen again.

I have a Hummer Edition 1 SUV reservation and if I don't have to pay over MSRP, then I will take it and see if it is a suitable replacement for my Navigator.

I have a Hummer Edition 1 SUV reservation and if I don't have to pay over MSRP, then I will take it and see if it is a suitable replacement for my Navigator.
I’m so envy of you. You got DE and on Hummer Edition 1 list. I would be lucky if GMC even reply my mail. 3 months no response from their website email information requests.

In the same boat .. haven't heard in a while (supposedly let me know soon .. was expecting a 2023Q2 delivery). When I ordered it, I wasn't sure I was going to follow thru w/ it, but considering that my Rivian R1S is in "Permanent hold" .. looking better.
At the time I ordered it, I didn't realize that some dealerships add a mark-up.
Have you heard anything lately (last month or so?)

C’mon nothing can replace your beloved Navigator!

In the same boat .. haven't heard in a while (supposedly let me know soon .. was expecting a 2023Q2 delivery). When I ordered it, I wasn't sure I was going to follow thru w/ it, but considering that my Rivian R1S is in "Permanent hold" .. looking better.
At the time I ordered it, I didn't realize that some dealerships add a mark-up.
Have you heard anything lately (last month or so?)
Nothing from GM about delivery. I did move my reservation to a Sewell owned dealership that claims not to sell above MSRP, time will tell.

It's cool, yes, but some vehicles just shouldn't be turned into EV's. This has to be one of the least efficient vehicles on the market and it's what Peter calls "dumb range". Basically throwing in a huge battery to compensate for a poorly designed EV. You can see with the F150, Rivian, Hummer etc. that in order to get a somewhat decent range they're throwing huge batteries into these things. When lithium is in high demand, these companies are just wasting it with these vehicles. The rest of us will suffer with continued battery shortages etc. so it's not good for anyone. The time they take to charge from 0 to 100 (because we know people are just adamant they need to charge to 100%) means we're locked out of charging our vehicles for god knows how long.

It's cool, yes, but some vehicles just shouldn't be turned into EV's. This has to be one of the least efficient vehicles on the market and it's what Peter calls "dumb range". Basically throwing in a huge battery to compensate for a poorly designed EV. You can see with the F150, Rivian, Hummer etc. that in order to get a somewhat decent range they're throwing huge batteries into these things. When lithium is in high demand, these companies are just wasting it with these vehicles. The rest of us will suffer with continued battery shortages etc. so it's not good for anyone. The time they take to charge from 0 to 100 (because we know people are just adamant they need to charge to 100%) means we're locked out of charging our vehicles for god knows how long.
That's why I've invested in several battery companies that use different materials. (e.g. Quantum Scape's Solid State battery) .. a long term (2025+) play, but I really hope that "realistic" SS batteries comes out sooner than later. With lower manufacturing costs and faster charging, should turn the tide on adaptation. (my 2 cents).

Nothing from GM about delivery. I did move my reservation to a Sewell owned dealership that claims not to sell above MSRP, time will tell.
I only found Sewell GMC dealership in Dallas. Is there anywhere in Greater Houston area?

Yeah, I don't care, I want one! :cool:

I only found Sewell GMC dealership in Dallas. Is there anywhere in Greater Houston area?
That's where I transferred my reservation. Houston dealers changed their story from MSRP to mark them up and wouldn't tell me how much.

That's where I transferred my reservation. Houston dealers changed their story from MSRP to mark them up and wouldn't tell me how much.
Not myself on my next Dallas trip.

I agree. The m/kw of the Hummer probably is very low.

As the general public becomes more educated and starts to understand how much their electric bill is effected by constantly recharging an inefficient EV, everyone will begin to pay close attention to the efficiency of the drivetrain. The Lucids are greater than 4.0m/kw. What is the Hummer? Don’t quote me, but I think I read it was 1.2m/kw. These numbers will become popular comparison figures as the public becomes more knowledgeable in the EV world.

I agree. The m/kw of the Hummer probably is very low.

As the general public becomes more educated and starts to understand how much their electric bill is effected by constantly recharging an inefficient EV, everyone will begin to pay close attention to the efficiency of the drivetrain. The Lucids are greater than 4.0m/kw. What is the Hummer? Don’t quote me, but I think I read it was 1.2m/kw. These numbers will become popular comparison figures as the public becomes more knowledgeable in the EV world.
My Lucid averages around 2.7 m/kw. As far as the Hummer, I know that it is a big heavy inefficient SUV EV and I don't really care. I want it anyway.

Back