Off-Topic GMC Hummer EV

I agree. The m/kw of the Hummer probably is very low.

As the general public becomes more educated and starts to understand how much their electric bill is effected by constantly recharging an inefficient EV, everyone will begin to pay close attention to the efficiency of the drivetrain. The Lucids are greater than 4.0m/kw. What is the Hummer? Don’t quote me, but I think I read it was 1.2m/kw. These numbers will become popular comparison figures as the public becomes more knowledgeable in the EV world.
Fair, but I'm pretty sure anyone that's considering a Hummer EV (like me) isn't likely worried about recharging costs. And, let's not forget that an old H1 would likely cost approx $120-130 to fill up .. the Hummer EV at residential rates would still be cheaper.

The Hummer EV is a "showcase" monster .. let's see what GMC (and others) come out with in the following years ..that'll be telling.

Are we really having a conversation about efficiency in a Hummer? Not really their schtick, I think. Doubt it will hurt sales in their target audience at all.

Fair, but I'm pretty sure anyone that's considering a Hummer EV isn't likely worried about recharging costs. And, let's not forget that an old H1 would likely cost approx $120-130 to fill up .. the Hummer EV at residential rates would still be cheaper.

The Hummer EV is a "showcase" monster .. let's see what GMC (and others) come out with in the following years ..that'll be telling.
I don't think that anyone considering a Hummer really cares about operating costs. They are specialty vehicles for a limited market. Would you really care what the miles per kW is for a Sapphire?

I don't think that anyone considering a Hummer really cares about operating costs. They are specialty vehicles for a limited market. Would you really care what the miles per kW is for a Sapphire?
My point exactly.

btw, just watched that Sapphire vs Bugatti vs Plaid vs Ducatti video and now I'm thinking of trading in my GT for the Sapphire :cool:

I agree. The m/kw of the Hummer probably is very low.
real world 0.8~0.9 mi/kWh.

If you hypermill, 1.5~1.7 mi/kWh.

If you want to tow, 0.3~0.6 mi/kWh

real world 0.8~0.9 mi/kWh.

If you hypermill, 1.5~1.7 mi/kWh.

If you want to tow, 0.3~0.6 mi/kWh
Yeah, still don't care. Will take my Editon 1 SUV if I don't have to pay over MSRP! :cool: 👍

Festivus is just getting better and better ..

Just received an email from GMC letting me know that my Hummer EV SUV (that I thought was going to be delivered in mid 2023) is now not expected to be in production until LATE 2024 !!!

"...We’re excited to announce that the expected production of your GMC HUMMER EV is anticipated to begin LATE 2024. We'll continue to reach out with timing updates as the completion date of your supertruck gets closer..."

will be filing that reservation w/ the R1S reservation in the, "likely NOT going to happen" folder!
🤨

Festivus is just getting better and better ..

Just received an email from GMC letting me know that my Hummer EV SUV (that I thought was going to be delivered in mid 2023) is now not expected to be in production until LATE 2024 !!!

"...We’re excited to announce that the expected production of your GMC HUMMER EV is anticipated to begin LATE 2024. We'll continue to reach out with timing updates as the completion date of your supertruck gets closer..."

will be filing that reservation w/ the R1S reservation in the, "likely NOT going to happen" folder!
🤨
I saw Hummer EV truck 2nd time today. Considered they are less produced and delivered than Lucid Air, it is strange I have yet seen a Lucid Air in Houston road.

Very impressive specs!
300 kW battery? Looks like it would take $130 to be fully charged at EA station.
View attachment 7571
For the past few months, I submitted email requests, no response from their page at all. And dealership has no info.
View attachment 7570
I saw one in the wild today. It just look so slick!!!!
There is one parked in the Scottsdale Fashion Square Mall right before the entrance to Nieman Marcus. Sweet looking massive vehicle. What struck me is that the interior seems huge but the bed seems relatively small.

I have a Hummer Edition 1 SUV reservation and if I don't have to pay over MSRP, then I will take it and see if it is a suitable replacement for my Navigator.
So, talked to the dealer about my Hummer SUV Edition 1 reservation. Isn't going to happen in QTR 1. Maybe QTR 2-3. GM has temporarily stopped building the trucks and stopped taking reservations. Once the trucks get back on track then maybe they will start the SUV. Of course, none of this is official. Good news is that the trucks that they have delivered have not had any problems.

I have a Hummer Edition 1 SUV reservation and if I don't have to pay over MSRP, then I will take it and see if it is a suitable replacement for my Navigator.
Dude… I was weirdly tempted to get the Hummer EV after laughing at it. Then I started looking into it and realized how much a bang for the buck it actually was.

You sir are living the dream.

Dude… I was weirdly tempted to get the Hummer EV after laughing at it. Then I started looking into it and realized how much a bang for the buck it actually was.

You sir are living the dream.
So far it's only a dream...

My son just saw this rare monster on streets.

927E78B9-C799-4492-BC1A-0ABC08B31B8D.jpeg
5032D971-604C-4959-AC8D-1E370D16ED75.jpeg

I have an Edition 1 reservation so I might get mine in late March or April.
Good Luck! .. Did they give you a delivery date range? Did your dealership reach out to you yet? Is the Dealership charging any additonal "Dealer-Add-on" pricing?

I have an EV(2x) SUV reservation and the latest notice I got said that they'll begin production in late 2024 😞

Good Luck! .. Did they give you a delivery date range? Did your dealership reach out to you yet? Is the Dealership charging any additonal "Dealer-Add-on" pricing?

I have an EV(2x) SUV reservation and the latest notice I got said that they'll begin production in late 2024 😞
No, no and no (maybe).

I am test driving an RS1 tomorrow!
Rivian also sent me an invitation. I know a friend already got a R1T, so I’ll pass test drive. But I went to check them out last week. Pretty sweet service center next to George Bush Intercontinental Airport.
78150967-F508-4E1E-BCC0-5A8EACB012B5.jpeg7E4DC5C9-8B70-4601-BBBA-CA2F16A09D58.jpeg0FA23E7C-B49F-4235-AFB8-19ACE99E3DBA.jpeg106E3D36-BE83-4E78-892D-BE263F730B98.jpegEE7E0079-299C-4262-866B-893430521BB8.jpeg

Back