Chat w/Hummer Owner at EA

GMan

Verified Owner
Cars
Air Touring
Referral Code
60T8OVVK
Just interesting to see and speak to owners of other EV's and wanted to share this one.

So a Hummer backed into the stall next to me at EA yesterday. Thought it was a Rivian, until it got closer and was 150% of the size.

After a bit of confusion between his EA App and the station he was parked in, he finally got the thing charging.

He mentioned he's had the Hummer for about a year. His battery capacity is 220 kWh (?) Which is almost twice the AGT, and range is 300 or less. He asked me how many m/kWh I'm getting (Air Touring) and i said 3.9.

So then he said he's getting 1.3 city and 1.1 highway, and my jaw dropped. I ran the calculation comparing his EV cost (EA is not free for him) on a 300 mile basis, and it's very close to my 2010 Honda Odyssey getting 18 mpg - Nuts

He mentioned he's had the Hummer for about a year. His battery capacity is 220 kWh (?) Which is almost twice the AGT, and range is 300 or less. He asked me how many m/kWh I'm getting (Air Touring) and i said 3.9.

So then he said he's getting 1.3 city and 1.1 highway, and my jaw dropped. I ran the calculation comparing his EV cost (EA is not free for him) on a 300 mile basis, and it's very close to my 2010 Honda Odyssey getting 18 mpg - Nuts
Its the EV version of the original Hummer. The story then was that you just drove it from gas station to gas station; now with the new Hummer you drive it from charging station to charging station!

Just interesting to see and speak to owners of other EV's and wanted to share this one.

So a Hummer backed into the stall next to me at EA yesterday. Thought it was a Rivian, until it got closer and was 150% of the size.

After a bit of confusion between his EA App and the station he was parked in, he finally got the thing charging.

Only 3 hours to DCFC full battery. If you owns a Hummer EV, you don’t need to care about cost, you just have to bulldoze road blocks annd trample ICE Insects.

There was one parked on display at the Scottsdale Fashion Square (where the Lucid Design Studio is also located) by the entrance to Niemann Marcus for more than a month before the Barrett Jackson Auto Auction. If one ignores the humungous cost and waste of natural resources, it is a nice looking vehicle.

Here's a photo of it with a small fraction of my AT on the left. The Hummer is a lot bigger in real life.

My Air logo is missing as I just got PPF and service is pending an order for the replacement part.

Attachments

• PXL_20230507_143827981.MP.jpg
    PXL_20230507_143827981.MP.jpg
    5.5 MB · Views: 109

I have the Hummer SUV on order. I hope that it is a little better than the truck but will probably still be terrible. :(

Back