Off-Topic GMC Hummer EV

Ok, I definitely want to know your thoughts! My guess is that your Navigator stomps it. 😂
I like the RS1! Not as big or luxurious as the Navigator but not bad. No CarPlay or Android Auto. No motor whine. Reasonably fast and comfortable. Now I want to see the Hummer SUV.

I like the RS1! Not as big or luxurious as the Navigator but not bad. No CarPlay or Android Auto. No motor whine. Reasonably fast and comfortable. Now I want to see the Hummer SUV.
I like it for 3 ft high water fording, rock climbing and as the only boxy SUV EV right now. But its infotainment and cabin comfort exceeded my expectation as bonus. I was bidding online on impulse once one Texas seller allowed me to check his car. I love the design at first sight. I determined my cap before going to bidding war last minute sniping that auction.

I totally didn’t see that coming! Fine, I’m keeping my reservation.

Nooo wait for the escalade ev which should come in 2024

I totally didn’t see that coming! Fine, I’m keeping my reservation.
I was pleasantly surprised! Still not crazy about the front end. 😕

I like it for 3 ft high water fording, rock climbing and as the only boxy SUV EV right now. But its infotainment and cabin comfort exceeded my expectation as bonus. I was bidding online on impulse once one Texas seller allowed me to check his car. I love the design at first sight. I determined my cap before going to bidding war last minute sniping that auction.
My only gripe so far is

- no glove compartment
- no soft close doors
- wish it is max 180kWh pack for 400 miles range. I think 321 miles now is acceptable.

At the rate they are coming down, I may just buy one this year. https://carsandbids.com/auctions/rN16zBv7/2022-rivian-r1s-launch-edition

Festivus is just getting better and better ..

Just received an email from GMC letting me know that my Hummer EV SUV (that I thought was going to be delivered in mid 2023) is now not expected to be in production until LATE 2024 !!!

"...We’re excited to announce that the expected production of your GMC HUMMER EV is anticipated to begin LATE 2024. We'll continue to reach out with timing updates as the completion date of your supertruck gets closer..."

will be filing that reservation w/ the R1S reservation in the, "likely NOT going to happen" folder!
🤨
lol .. have to love the GMC emails .. what should've been a Spring 2023 "build notification email" was another "get ready.." exciting news ... your GMC Hummber EV SUV is scheduled for production ...

in late 2024

ugh!

Attachments

• 2023Feb28 email.JPG
    2023Feb28 email.JPG
    163.8 KB · Views: 85
lol .. have to love the GMC emails .. what should've been a Spring 2023 "build notification email" was another "get ready.." exciting news ... your GMC Hummber EV SUV is scheduled for production ...

in late 2024

ugh!
My Edition 1 SUV slipped from "early 2023" to:

1677731111977.png

I have a Hummer Edition 1 SUV reservation and if I don't have to pay over MSRP, then I will take it and see if it is a suitable replacement for my Navigator.
When did you first place the order? Have they given you status update?

When did you first place the order? Have they given you status update?
Reservation Vehicle: GMC HUMMER EV EDITION 1 SUV
Reservation Amount: $100.00
Reservation Placed: 04/03/2021

"We wanted to let you know that your GMC HUMMER EV SUV is scheduled for production in Fall 2023."​

Reservation Vehicle: GMC HUMMER EV EDITION 1 SUV
Reservation Amount: $100.00
Reservation Placed: 04/03/2021

"We wanted to let you know that your GMC HUMMER EV SUV is scheduled for production in Fall 2023."​
<Sigh…> I should have reserved it when I first saw it at Vegas 2021 SEMA (November), I snoozed and lose. But back then, I barely even know Lucid Air.

I saw Hummer EV truck 2nd time today. Considered they are less produced and delivered than Lucid Air, it is strange I have yet seen a Lucid Air in Houston road.
I have seen one Hummer EV on the road in Scottsdale. And, of course, there was one for several months parked and displayed outside the Nieman Marcus entry in the Scottsdale Fashion Square.

GM announced their 1st Quarter EV sales today. 2 Hummers sold the entire quarter.

Back