• NOTICE (May 14 - 11:00 PM - 1:00 AM ET)

LucidOwners.com server will be down for maintenance during this scheduled time.
    Please note there will be a period of time when the forum is unaccessible. Thank you for your patience and understanding.

Off-Topic GMC Hummer EV

Wait, how does flipping it cancel the warranty (besides physically flipping it :) ) That sounds very illegal.
Since they are the ones selling the cars, they make the rules...
Its similar to how ferrari can send cease and desist letters to people owning a ferrari for painting it, as an example.

Wait, how does flipping it cancel the warranty (besides physically flipping it :) ) That sounds very illegal.
I don't think there is any law requiring companies to offer a warranty for any product. So long as it states clearly in the warranty terms that selling the car voids the warranty, I don't believe there's anything illegal about it.

The lawyers on the forum can feel free to chime in and correct me if I'm wrong.

It's in the GM warranty. you have to keep it for 6 months. I think.

Ok, I definitely want to know your thoughts! My guess is that your Navigator stomps it. 😂
Navigator is much plusher, but the Hummer is not a luxury vehicle, so I am OK with that.

If I remember correctly your Hummer EV SUV reservation is a year ahead of mine ... (mine is due out "Late 2024") .. my Rivian R1S order is on permanent hold (so, likely NOT going to see that before the Hummer) and my Volvo EX90 (plan C) reservation is potentially going to see a Mid 2024 delivery date. .. My wife's been waiting since we reserved the R1S (mid 2021) for a replacement to her large ICE SUV, but w/ 150K miles on hers, looks like I can't wait for the EV SUVs and may have to buy her another ICE SUV .. :(

Will take another look at the Navigator ...
So, it looks like my Hummer and the Rivian will be ready around the same time, Sept-Oct 2023. I also have a Lotus Eletre on order, but it keeps getting pushed out and going up in price, so I think that it's out of the running.

Terrible "1st World" issues, I know.

I did like driving the Hummer but think that the Rivian is a more practical vehicle. I do worry about buying the Rivian. I already have one car from a company that may or may not be in business in a few years and GM should be around and has a lot more service locations.

Time will tell.

So, it looks like my Hummer and the Rivian will be ready around the same time, Sept-Oct 2023. I also have a Lotus Eletre on order, but it keeps getting pushed out and going up in price, so I think that it's out of the running.

I did like driving the Hummer but think that the Rivian is a more practical vehicle. I do worry about buying the Rivian. I already have one car from a company that may or may not be in business in a few years and GM should be around and has a lot more service locations.

Time will tell.
In that case, are you not considering the Escalade IQ?

Time will tell.
My wife and I like the look and practicality of the R1S, but if they won't sell or service one in our state, buying one (by changing our "delivery address" .. or used) seems like a huge risk. (they've failed to augment their mobile service network to support folks like me, so that leaves us with a significant concern that we'll be left with paying to have a car towed 300 miles for service.)

The Hummer is massive and likely not a vehicle that my wife will feel comfortable driving every day .. but it looks "cool" ..

There's little we know about the Volvo EX90 right now (real life specs like mileage, etc.), but I believe they're being built in South Carolina, so there's a chance that we'd get one when they actually deliver them.

I guess we'll have to wait and see.

Curious to see what you choose.

Or you can go for a slightly used one. I see them around $85k ~ $90k now at Carsandbids.com
I'm guessing you mean a used R1S?
Two problems with that:
  1. My order is significantly less than a used one rn (~$75K)
  2. I'm concerned that if I buy a used one (or change my delivery address to "speed up delivery"), the CS rep told me that every service would be on my dime and that since mobile units are not available for my area, I'd have to drive (or tow) the car to a Service center for any work needed.

My wife and I like the look and practicality of the R1S, but if they won't sell or service one in our state, buying one (by changing our "delivery address" .. or used) seems like a huge risk. (they've failed to augment their mobile service network to support folks like me, so that leaves us with a significant concern that we'll be left with paying to have a car towed 300 miles for service.)

The Hummer is massive and likely not a vehicle that my wife will feel comfortable driving every day .. but it looks "cool" ..

There's little we know about the Volvo EX90 right now (real life specs like mileage, etc.), but I believe they're being built in South Carolina, so there's a chance that we'd get one when they actually deliver them.

I guess we'll have to wait and see.

Curious to see what you choose.
I agree with your assessment! The Hummer is really like having an EV Jeep on steroids whereas the Rivian is much more of a daily driver. Having said that, I was surprised how tame the Hummer felt while driving.

I have been driving Expeditions or Navigators for a long time and really like a full-size SUV just for the ride height and ease of entry/exit but the Lucid has runind me for ICE vechicles! :cool:

Time will tell.

Rivian has 11.4B cash and ramping up to estimated 50k production this year. They are expecting to have profitable quarter sometimes in 2024. They are striving to cut cost and hope not to outsource motors and can manufacture more components in house. If Rivian does get R2 platform to public, they have excellent future ahead from just 3 products company —- Amazon van, R1T, R1S. Their demand queue is strong.

I agree with your assessment! The Hummer is really like having an EV Jeep on steroids whereas the Rivian is much more of a daily driver. Having said that, I was surprised how tame the Hummer felt while driving.

I have been driving Expeditions or Navigators for a long time and really like a full-size SUV just for the ride height and ease of entry/exit but the Lucid has runind me for ICE vechicles! :cool:
They don't make it easy though .. do they

So far, we've been waiting for the R1S for 2+ yrs, the 2020 Model Y we had was "problematic" (likely due to the COVID shutdown & restart), the Hummer has been an ongoing fairy tale (until your post), the Volvo is a so-so Plan C (but not sure if it'll arrive any time soon), and the Fisker Ocean One reservation was moving along until recently and now just hoping for a 2023 delivery (w/ a lot of finger crossing) .. then there's Lucid .. delivered on time and proven to be everything they advertised (can't wait to get it back .. currently at SC for the recall)..

Good thing I didn't sell our ICE vehicles just yet 😜

They don't make it easy though .. do they

So far, we've been waiting for the R1S for 2+ yrs, the 2020 Model Y we had was "problematic" (likely due to the COVID shutdown & restart), the Hummer has been an ongoing fairy tale (until your post), the Volvo is a so-so Plan C (but not sure if it'll arrive any time soon), and the Fisker Ocean One reservation was moving along until recently and now just hoping for a 2023 delivery (w/ a lot of finger crossing) .. then there's Lucid .. delivered on time and proven to be everything they advertised (can't wait to get it back .. currently at SC for the recall)..

Good thing I didn't sell our ICE vehicles just yet 😜
My wife told me yesterday that if I get the Hummer, to keep the Navigator! :eek:

I'm concerned that if I buy a used one (or change my delivery address to "speed up delivery"), the CS rep told me that every service would be on my dime and that since mobile units are not available for my area, I'd have to drive (or tow) the car to a Service center for any work needed.

That is concerning. For your reference, in my case, I only dispatched mobile service once in 7000 miles driven. There was screen warning saying service center needs to calibrate my driver seat for easy entry feature. Technician came to my house, plug in his laptop and fixed it. Then it happened again 2 months later for the same warning. This time around, the new OTA update just have auto-calibration and self-diagnostic in its settings menu to fix it. I really like R1S software, the instrument cluster is almost like Model-S replica. However, as for driving dynamic, Lucid is far superior hardware in suspension. Tonight, I just did a 90 degree right turn smoothly on 43 mph speed without making my backseat passengers uncomfortable. Lucid Air is amazing, nimble for such heavy car!

@Drendino @LucidNC

When you ordered 2 years ago and when last August came, did you guys convert reservation order to confirmed order contract to get into 7500 tax credit IRA? Is that 7500 still effective? (I have no clue and curious)

@Drendino @LucidNC

When you ordered 2 years ago and when last August came, did you guys convert reservation order to confirmed order contract to get into 7500 tax credit IRA? Is that 7500 still effective? (I have no clue and curious)
No option to do this with the Hummer. All I have done is pick the options that I want. Until I pay the dealer, there is no contract to buy.

@Drendino @LucidNC

I did, but I’m totally confused about it and have no idea if I should try to get the credit. I would rather poke my eye with a sharp stick than face an audit and I’m not sure if this would open me up to one.

@Drendino @LucidNC

like @MoniputerLM said, there was no opportunity to do that with the Hummer.

My wife told me yesterday that if I get the Hummer, to keep the Navigator! :eek:
Curious .. what did you end up getting?

I got a call from the local GMC dealer today and he wanted to verify/put-in our Hummer EV2X SUV order (will send a Build-date early next week). Caught me and the wife by surprise ..

If you got the Hummer .. would love to hear your feedback!

Back