First DC fast charging experience with Electrify America

You should report these issues to EA.
I normally only report on non-working chargers. You're right, I probably should have called them to let them know about their low power charging. But really, they should have software in place that tells them these things.

For example, in my most recent experience 3 of the 4 chargers were not working. One the chargers seemed completely off, the screen was dark. Another said something about out of service. The third looked OK. But trying to change I got a charging error. I call EA. They said yes, we know. So I ask why not display a message like the other out of service charger. Instead of having their customer try several times with the same negative results. The 4th working charger was being used, and there was a line. What a nightmare are EA chargers.

I normally only report on non-working chargers. You're right, I probably should have called them to let them know about their low power charging. But really, they should have software in place that tells them these things.

For example, in my most recent experience 3 of the 4 chargers were not working. One the chargers seemed completely off, the screen was dark. Another said something about out of service. The third looked OK. But trying to change I got a charging error. I call EA. They said yes, we know. So I ask why not display a message like the other out of service charger. Instead of having their customer try several times with the same negative results. The 4th working charger was being used, and there was a line. What a nightmare are EA chargers.
Oddly, sometimes our plug and charge works on blank screens.

Oddly, sometimes our plug and charge works on blank screens.
Yup it does like 50% of the time and it's awesome! People are jealous when they see you can do it

Back