Finally took a test drive today

CLTGT

Verified Owner
Cars
73 Mustang Conv & the GT
Well, I finally took my test drive in Torrance today and it just makes me more angry I don’t have my car yet as it was A BLAST TO DRIVE. My wife even made comments as to how much she liked the car and if we could get her one as well. I don’t think she was too serious as she would not take a turn on the test drive, but she did really like it.

I am very happy with my decision to buy one even though it is going to take months longer to actually get then I thought or was told. It makes the wait that much harder, but more anticipated knowing what I am waiting for.

I just hope my DA has some better news this week.

Well, I finally took my test drive in Torrance today and it just makes me more angry I don’t have my car yet as it was A BLAST TO DRIVE. My wife even made comments as to how much she liked the car and if we could get her one as well. I don’t think she was too serious as she would not take a turn on the test drive, but she did really like it.

I am very happy with my decision to buy one even though it is going to take months longer to actually get then I thought or was told. It makes the wait that much harder, but more anticipated knowing what I am waiting for.

I just hope my DA has some better news this week.
Did you drive a White GT model? If so, do you remember which software version they were using? Glad to hear you had a blast! Now get your wife one in her favorite color. :<)

Yep, white GT, but not sure which software, think he said 1.1.8

she did not like the red, which kind of surprised me. Other colors were not really different enough for her. She would want a blue, matte red or a green color.

she did not like the red, which kind of surprised me. Other colors were not really different enough for her. She would want a blue, matte red or a green color.
Why didn't you go with the red and then wrap it to get it matte?

Well, I finally took my test drive in Torrance today and it just makes me more angry I don’t have my car yet as it was A BLAST TO DRIVE.
I know it's not a perfect comparison, but how does it drive compared to your M5 as a point of reference?

We have a test drive scheduled next month in Torrance. How was the route and about how long was your experience?

Finally! San Diego has their test drive car and reservations are available. I have mine scheduled for this week on the day after my 2-4 month GT delivery window ended.

Sorry, just saw these questions. The test drive was probably around 45 minutes and covered some roads that were actually fun to drive. As I said previously, my wife felt the neeed to remind me I wasn’t driving my car. I guess I might have been a bit spirited.

Compared to my M5, the power felt similar albeit much smoother without the shifting gears. They are both 3.0 second cars. The Lucid did feel heavier, if that is the right term. The quiet was very different. The Lucid felt more… “refined”. I have never had an EV before so this will be an experiment for us.

Finally! San Diego has their test drive car and reservations are available. I have mine scheduled for this week on the day after my 2-4 month GT delivery window ended.
Great news I have been waiting for this day, will contact them tomorrow, although I was told that they would call me

Great news I have been waiting for this day, will contact them tomorrow, although I was told that they would call me
Yeah.. was told that too. That is not their strong suit. I’ve been following up ever since I heard that one was coming in. They never once gave me the heads up.

I had a test drive yesterday in Short Hills, NJ. Got most of my questions answered, drove highway and city. Drives better than my Tesla MS. The most surprising (and annoying) aspect was the reflection of the stiching on top of the dash in the window. Surprising and a little bothersome.

The most surprising (and annoying) aspect was the reflection of the stiching on top of the dash in the window. Surprising and a little bothersome.

Yeah, I sometimes notice that, too, in the afternoons as I'm backing out of the garage and the sun suddenly hits the windshield. However, once I turn my attention to driving I quickly forget about it and don't notice it again for the rest of the drive.

I think it's one of the several things about any car that can annoy you when your attention is on it but of which you are unmindful otherwise. The main bugaboo for me in this regard was the very bright passenger airbag light above the mirror at night, which I fixed with a piece of tinted tape that someone on the forum recommended.

Agreed. Just wanted to highlight for others. I didn't notice the airbag light but i haven't taken delivery yet (hopefully in next couple of weeks). I'll find some material to lay on top of the dash to hide the glare. Thanks for the reply.

Agreed. Just wanted to highlight for others. I didn't notice the airbag light but i haven't taken delivery yet (hopefully in next couple of weeks). I'll find some material to lay on top of the dash to hide the glare. Thanks for the reply.
Wouldn't anything you put there also have A reflection?

I'm thinking of some black material that would just hide the stitching. Perhaps since i haven't seen other comments it isn't that big of a deal or you get used to it.

I had a test drive yesterday in Short Hills, NJ. Got most of my questions answered, drove highway and city. Drives better than my Tesla MS. The most surprising (and annoying) aspect was the reflection of the stiching on top of the dash in the window. Surprising and a little bothersome.
Do you know if they are only allowing people who have ordered a Grand Touring model a test drive?

Back