Finally took a test drive today

How long were you waiting for the test drive in Short Hills? I reserved on 12/6/21 and converted to order on 3/1/22. Been bugging my DA to get me in there for a test drive (I live in Philly and that's the closest test drive available). My DA keeps hemming and hawing about it. Did you go through your DA or call that location direct? Thx
How long were you waiting for the test drive in Short Hills? I reserved on 12/6/21 and converted to order on 3/1/22. Been bugging my DA to get me in there for a test drive (I live in Philly and that's the closest test drive available). My DA keeps hemming and hawing about it. Did you go through your DA or call that location direct? Thx!
Left a message on your profile

We finally took a test drive today in Torrance with Paul. Whole process was about an hour and a half with driving on SoCal streets.

“Okay everyone, put your head back“ was the phrase of the day. That car just flies. But it’s also super comfortable to drive and just really thoughtful. My wife loved it. Visibility was superb. No issues with the A-pillar or the visors, but we’re both short. Paul said a 6’9” driver had some issues with seeing the light turn green because the visor blocked his view.

Start-up time wasn’t great, but it was a pre-production model with older software. However, all the software seemed responsive.

I’m glad we’re getting the car but think we’ll need some time to adapt to one pedal driving.

Do you know if they are only allowing people who have ordered a Grand Touring model a test drive?
I have a Touring (not a GT) on order and got a call for a test drive over a month ago, so it should be opening up for people. I do live in the bay area, so I could visit either the Millbrae or the Valley Fair showrooms for the test drive (did Valley Fair, as it is a shorter drive). Loved the test drive!

We finally took a test drive today in Torrance with Paul. Whole process was about an hour and a half with driving on SoCal streets.

“Okay everyone, put your head back“ was the phrase of the day. That car just flies. But it’s also super comfortable to drive and just really thoughtful. My wife loved it. Visibility was superb. No issues with the A-pillar or the visors, but we’re both short. Paul said a 6’9” driver had some issues with seeing the light turn green because the visor blocked his view.

Start-up time wasn’t great, but it was a pre-production model with older software. However, all the software seemed responsive.

I’m glad we’re getting the car but think we’ll need some time to adapt to one pedal driving.
You'll pick up one pedal driving very quickly. I was nervous on the first test drive and cautiously optimistic on the second test drive. Then picked up the car and drove to LA two days later. It was like riding a bike.

You'll pick up one pedal driving very quickly. I was nervous on the first test drive and cautiously optimistic on the second test drive. Then picked up the car and drove to LA two days later. It was like riding a bike.

what routes did you use for your test drive? I would like one where I can see how it runs on regular city streets, on highways, on faster but non highway roads, and on rough surfaces.

Thanks.

what routes did you use for your test drive? I would like one where I can see how it runs on regular city streets, on highways, on faster but non highway roads, and on rough surfaces.

Thanks.

There were two of us, so we just took a city streets loop twice. No freeways. The roads were under construction so were very rough, but we didn’t notice that in the Lucid.

Back