Feedback/improvements for the Air!

At one point, it was so much better too. I’m personally removing them from my vehicle all together:

post a photo without the visors, please. I would be too worried because Driving West in the evenings where I live is fraught with danger even WITH the visor lowered.

Would like to see both mileage and battery % remaining on the dash instead of one or the other. I have that option on the Leaf and I much prefer it.

Would like to see both mileage and battery % remaining on the dash instead of one or the other. I have that option on the Leaf and I much prefer it.
Yeah that plus the nav to the right of the power meter are my two biggest wishes. I’d rather have that first than CarPlay haha.

Yeah that plus the nav to the right of the power meter are my two biggest wishes. I’d rather have that first than CarPlay haha.

Each of the screens need to be able to function independently. Once you set your defaults they stay how you set them. Especially, zoom levels on each map type. Car keeps telling me to "PAY ATTENTION" while I am trying to get map zoomed to level I desire.

Yes! Nav directions replace “Air” screen. And maybe music when no active Nav and the map is on. Or some version of smart cards like weather at destination when you search or current weather when you click on the external temp on right glass cockpit. Or car info like tire pressure, battery temp or similar. So much potential. Just dreaming.

Oh, and while I’m at it, increase frame rates for turn signal cams. Pleasssseee!!!!

Yes! Nav directions replace “Air” screen. And maybe music when no active Nav and the map is on. Or some version of smart cards like weather at destination when you search or current weather when you click on the external temp on right glass cockpit. Or car info like tire pressure, battery temp or similar. So much potential. Just dreaming.

Oh, and while I’m at it, increase frame rates for turn signal cams. Pleasssseee!!!!
The camera frame rates are literally dangerous. I’m honestly surprised regulations didn’t flag this. They can literally cause accidents.

The camera frame rates are literally dangerous. I’m honestly surprised regulations didn’t flag this. They can literally cause accidents.
Mine seem to be fine? It only lags when turning on but otherwise displays stuff in real time. Really, the lag from turning on is how we "should" be driving anyways. Signal, wait 2 seconds, check blind spot, make lane change, turn off signal.

Mine seem to be fine? It only lags when turning on but otherwise displays stuff in real time. Really, the lag from turning on is how we "should" be driving anyways. Signal, wait 2 seconds, check blind spot, make lane change, turn off signal.
They're pointless in CA anyway as no one uses turn signals and just changes lanes whenever they want. 😂

Yeah there is a delay turning on for me also but the frame rates are sub-optimal. It is almost nauseating for me looking at the actual mirror and then at the image. Maybe a little dramatic haha. But still, it is quite noticeable and not reliable enough for me to use for actual merging

I wouldn't think there would be any regulation around a system that is largely redundant. Given that the side mirrors would be the regulation requirement, it can't see how Lucid would have regulatory compliance issues. Annoyed customers, certainly.

For me, I'm so used to side mirrors that i barely notice the camera.

Yeah there is a delay turning on for me also but the frame rates are sub-optimal. It is almost nauseating for me looking at the actual mirror and then at the image. Maybe a little dramatic haha. But still, it is quite noticeable and not reliable enough for me to use for actual merging

The are no blind spots on a car. I have been so surprised this whole thing has gotten this far.

I wouldn't think there would be any regulation around a system that is largely redundant. Given that the side mirrors would be the regulation requirement, it can't see how Lucid would have regulatory compliance issues. Annoyed customers, certainly.

I am the same way have to turn my neck and have been saved so many times because of that BUT NOW Arthritis is setting in and the Neck doesn’t not turn as much as it used to. Can’t wait for true LiDar based systems. I love the Camera for turning but am still getting used to it. That little warning light on the mirrors does not register for me. I like the sound.

Not particularly regarding the side cameras, but the backup camera. I’d have to dig around, but usually there’s a minimum latency requirement to meet regulatory standards on the backup camera. If Lucid is “meeting” them, they’re pushing that envelope…

Oh...so Lucid programmed in a lag in order to train me to change lanes the way they think I "should".....PULEEEZ

Back