Feedback/improvements for the Air!

They have cabin temp keep, but its only 30 min and doesn't display anything on screen like dog mode
We found out that if you activate the cabin temp keep function and then start driving, before the 30 minutes expire, the A/C shuts down when it reaches the 30 minute limit. Its a weird feeling to have the A/C just turn off especially in a hot summer day.

We found out that if you activate the cabin temp keep function and then start driving, before the 30 minutes expire, the A/C shuts down when it reaches the 30 minute limit. Its a weird feeling to have the A/C just turn off especially in a hot summer day.

That's good to know

Feedback is great, but a consolidated list of improvements would be an easy place for Lucid to look for feedback.

• CarPlay
  • Android Auto
  • Charge scheduling
  • Dashcam ability
  • Sentry mode
  • Camera while driving ability
  • Nav + music screen active at the same time, or just mutli-use
  • Better route planning
  • Ability to filter for EA charging stations
  • V2G, V2V, V2H charging capabilities
  • Mix & match steering, suspension, and throttle
  • Homelink auto-trigger
    • Add bottom navigation and a side panel with Homelink buttons to the pilot panel Park/Camera screen
  • Hardwire USB data capabilities
  • Improved cabin temp hold (aka dog mode)
  • Satellite radio, either integrated or as an application
  • Max cabin temperature (like Tesla Cabin overheat protection where if the cabin gets above 105f, it controls it regardless as long as you have enough battery. Tesla created this due to component failures, but it’s honestly a wonderful feature)
  • Make the freaking cars in the UI match my car color. The car in the UI is a silver DE, which isn’t even possible
  • Navigation
    • Remember settings and history
    • Google earth map overlay
    • Slow to find destinations
    • Short interruptions in cell signal confuse or lock up system
    • No volume control or voice prompt customization (on/off)
    • Is a reminder every time that I would rather be using an app on my phone
    • Improved offline nav
  • More visualizations in Gauge Cluster
  • Turn on anti-aliasing. Lines are jagged on the speedometer
  • Faster car startup
  • Let the music page remain in place in the lower screen once it’s dragged there
  • Auto high for headlights/adaptive lighting
  • Seats
    • Comfort access/easy in out
    • Passenger Seat Memory
    • Heat/cool seats + steering wheel from app
  • Regen settings and drive mode linked to profile
  • Make Lock/Unlock more consistent with both Mobile Key and Key Fob
    • Customization of Unlock/Lock
    • Proximity lock - on/off
    • Unlock - Driver door/all doors
    • A way to turn off the car (Press park a second time)
    • Comfort access (seat moves back for exit) This helps many drivers with exit and helps if drivers of significant height differences share the car.
  • Faster Loading for profile changes
  • Improved wireless charging dock
  • Auto Wipers setting with variable speed
  • Use a combination of key proximity and rear camera/sensors to open the trunk Ala foot trunk/tailgate opening
  • Allow "work" address to be removed or changed to a different title i.e. son's house
  • Trunk opening with foot motion (boot kick)
  • Apple Car key
  • Park system/Camera
    • The cameras have a lag. The lag from reality to the screen inside the car is enough to be nauseating.
    • The graphics overlays cover the portions of the image you most need to see. The car is not represented on the screen accurately to where it is in the outside world. The audio alerts are annoying vs informative and often go to full tone when you are in fact not that close to anything.
    • The Park distance camera screen UI doesn’t even match up well with the rest of the UI in the car. Lower navigation panel is not there. The Autopark and Surround view links as well as the “x” and “mute” can be easily lost in the image.
  • charge points need to adjust / adapt based on current consumption rate and not just when the route is first planned. (https://lucidowners.com/threads/enhancement-request-gps-must-be-dynamic-regarding-range.1065/)
  • left hand display in addition to the current mileage/average mile/kWh must have a 5 mins running average mile/kWh (https://lucidowners.com/threads/enhancement-request-energy-usage-needs-a-5-min-average.1066/)
  • Valet Mode/Young driver mode to limit acceleration/top speed
  • Drive-in Movie Mode - Keep the climate on but have interior lights and exterior lights off when doors open
  • Ability to turn off running lights
  • Delay on regen braking when disengaging cruise control
  • Auto-precondition when destination is set as a charging station
Wow Hydbob, I had no idea Lucid is this far behind Tesla on some of this stuff. I have a Lucid Air Touring on order but not sure I can go through with it with a lot of these features missing. The biggest thing I would miss is the ability to exit my Tesla and have it park in my 1 car garage. I use this every time I drive it.

Wow Hydbob, I had no idea Lucid is this far behind Tesla on some of this stuff. I have a Lucid Air Touring on order but not sure I can go through with it with a lot of these features missing. The biggest thing I would miss is the ability to exit my Tesla and have it park in my 1 car garage. I use this every time I drive it.
There are plenty of threads and posts comparing the Model S to the Air. Each individual has to decide whether certain features missing are a deal breaker or not for their own personal situation. There are also several members here who have a Model S collecting dust and are using the Air instead. Hopefully, by the time you are ready to confirm I can reduce this list quite a bit.

No Kidding. I know I will be called out but if they gave me 25K over the 150K it Cost me they can have the credit this year and a Full Size Matching Spare. I have another one reserved before June 1st to lock in the old price and benefits.
Apple Car Play could be a huge help with Music and Navigation though and ease some frustration. Could also use the Home App etc.

I’d like to have a rearview mirror camera instead of a simple mirror. They work very well, especially when there are people in the back seat.

Removed some of the nav stuff since we got that on a new update

I would love to see a sun visor similar to the Tesla Model X on future iterations of the Air. Having it out of the forward line of sight when not in use would make the glass canopy feel even more impressive for the driver and front passenger!

I would love to see a sun visor similar to the Tesla Model X on future iterations of the Air. Having it out of the forward line of sight when not in use would make the glass canopy feel even more impressive for the driver and front passenger!
Would be crazy good

1656613260354.png

Courtesy of Kyle Conner...... Rivian just got a "Pet Mode" update.

Screen Shot 2022-07-01 at 1.29.58 PM.png

After 8 days of continuous highway driving of 5 to 8 hours I'll make the following observations suggestions. Some may have already been mentioned.

There's absolutely NOTHING wrong with the car mechanically, design, hardware, drives incredibly, extremely comfortable, highly commendable! Don't touch a thing!

Software fixes:

1. Boot up is way too slow
2. Navigation. Needs better call out, which side of the road destination is on and a warning about 500 ft. Need to be able to continue journey automatically. Top map tilt needs to be at angle can see 2.5 miles ahead. When selecting default pilot panel 2D track up view, needs to be zoomed out 5 to 10 miles. System needs better functionality when there is no cell signal. System needs to switch between online and offline maps automatically.

Map

It would be nice for map on pilot panel to show chargers the way app on phone does.
Need some zoom level presets, car kept telling me to keep eye on the road while trying to zoom to level I needed at the time.
Can we get some city names?

3. Audio. Volume needs a numerical scale. Volume also needs to be speed sensitive. Must allow hard wired connection. Must be able to display music track and navigation at the same time.

4. Adaptive cruise, speed turns red too soon. LOL. Most state police will give you 10!

5. Need to be able to control whether frunk or trunk opens with remote.

Thanks!

5. Need to be able to control whether frunk or trunk opens with remote.
Agree with the other points, but 1.2.6 added trunk functionality to the fob, if that's what you're saying with this point. Short press then hold will open the trunk and the frunk opening is the same

At one point, it was so much better too. I’m personally removing them from my vehicle all together:

Back