• NOTICE (May 14 - 11:00 PM - 1:00 AM ET)

LucidOwners.com server will be down for maintenance during this scheduled time.
    Please note there will be a period of time when the forum is unaccessible. Thank you for your patience and understanding.

Feedback/improvements for the Air!

This looks promising…(from Tesla2Lucid on twitter, still waiting for delivery of my Grand Touring)
Wonder what version they will be on when I finally get my GT?

Feedback is great, but a consolidated list of improvements would be an easy place for Lucid to look for feedback.

• CarPlay
  • Android Auto
  • Charge scheduling
  • Dashcam ability
  • Sentry mode
  • Camera while driving ability
  • Nav + music screen active at the same time, or just mutli-use
  • Better route planning
  • Ability to filter for EA charging stations
  • V2G, V2V, V2H charging capabilities
  • Mix & match steering, suspension, and throttle
  • Homelink auto-trigger
    • Add bottom navigation and a side panel with Homelink buttons to the pilot panel Park/Camera screen
  • Hardwire USB data capabilities
  • Improved cabin temp hold (aka dog mode)
  • Satellite radio, either integrated or as an application
  • Max cabin temperature (like Tesla Cabin overheat protection where if the cabin gets above 105f, it controls it regardless as long as you have enough battery. Tesla created this due to component failures, but it’s honestly a wonderful feature)
  • Make the freaking cars in the UI match my car color. The car in the UI is a silver DE, which isn’t even possible
  • Navigation
    • Remember settings and history
    • Google earth map overlay
    • Slow to find destinations
    • Short interruptions in cell signal confuse or lock up system
    • No volume control or voice prompt customization (on/off)
    • Is a reminder every time that I would rather be using an app on my phone
    • Improved offline nav
  • More visualizations in Gauge Cluster
  • Turn on anti-aliasing. Lines are jagged on the speedometer
  • Faster car startup
  • Let the music page remain in place in the lower screen once it’s dragged there
  • Auto high for headlights/adaptive lighting
  • Seats
    • Comfort access/easy in out
    • Passenger Seat Memory
    • Heat/cool seats + steering wheel from app
  • Regen settings and drive mode linked to profile
  • Make Lock/Unlock more consistent with both Mobile Key and Key Fob
    • Customization of Unlock/Lock
    • Proximity lock - on/off
    • Unlock - Driver door/all doors
    • A way to turn off the car (Press park a second time)
    • Comfort access (seat moves back for exit) This helps many drivers with exit and helps if drivers of significant height differences share the car.
  • Faster Loading for profile changes
  • Improved wireless charging dock
  • Auto Wipers setting with variable speed
  • Use a combination of key proximity and rear camera/sensors to open the trunk Ala foot trunk/tailgate opening
  • Allow "work" address to be removed or changed to a different title i.e. son's house
  • Trunk opening with foot motion (boot kick)
  • Park system/Camera
    • The cameras have a lag. The lag from reality to the screen inside the car is enough to be nauseating.
    • The graphics overlays cover the portions of the image you most need to see. The car is not represented on the screen accurately to where it is in the outside world. The audio alerts are annoying vs informative and often go to full tone when you are in fact not that close to anything.
    • The Park distance camera screen UI doesn’t even match up well with the rest of the UI in the car. Lower navigation panel is not there. The Autopark and Surround view links as well as the “x” and “mute” can be easily lost in the image.
Apple's Car Key
(from 2020 since updated)​

Apple's Car Key
(from 2020 since updated)​
Yes, Kia supports this now too. It's all dependent on the RFID frequency that is used. When placing an iPhone on the Lucid B-pillar, the Apple wallet pops up so you can select a "card". Assuming they have a compatible frequency and that the Lucid can be programmed for a new keycard, then this can happen as well on the Lucid.

Yes, Kia supports this now too. It's all dependent on the RFID frequency that is used. When placing an iPhone on the Lucid B-pillar, the Apple wallet pops up so you can select a "card". Assuming they have a compatible frequency and that the Lucid can be programmed for a new keycard, then this can happen as well on the Lucid.
The Lucid and vallet card are using the Near Field Communication (NFC) standard. That is why the Apple wallet pops up when near the car pillar. Like you say, it is just a matter of linking your phone to you car. Unfortunately, that linking has to be done in a service center.

Sounds like yet another way to unreliably unlock your Lucid.

Actually, this would be as reliable as the keycard, which always seems to work!
I was just kidding. You are right and if this is solid and reliable, you just need to carry the phone around.

I was just kidding. You are right and if this is solid and reliable, you just need to carry the phone around.
For the BMW implementation you can also use your Apple Watch, which is more convenient, since you don't have to take the phone out of your pocket.

The Lucid and vallet card are using the Near Field Communication (NFC) standard. That is why the Apple wallet pops up when near the car pillar. Like you say, it is just a matter of linking your phone to you car. Unfortunately, that linking has to be done in a service center.

I wonder if one of those rings would work? I'd wear another ring if it guarantees I get in the car.

Last edited:
Feedback is great, but a consolidated list of improvements would be an easy place for Lucid to look for feedback.

• CarPlay
  • Android Auto
  • Charge scheduling
  • Dashcam ability
  • Sentry mode
  • Camera while driving ability
  • Nav + music screen active at the same time, or just mutli-use
  • Better route planning
  • Ability to filter for EA charging stations
  • V2G, V2V, V2H charging capabilities
  • Mix & match steering, suspension, and throttle
  • Homelink auto-trigger
    • Add bottom navigation and a side panel with Homelink buttons to the pilot panel Park/Camera screen
  • Hardwire USB data capabilities
  • Improved cabin temp hold (aka dog mode)
  • Satellite radio, either integrated or as an application
  • Max cabin temperature (like Tesla Cabin overheat protection where if the cabin gets above 105f, it controls it regardless as long as you have enough battery. Tesla created this due to component failures, but it’s honestly a wonderful feature)
  • Make the freaking cars in the UI match my car color. The car in the UI is a silver DE, which isn’t even possible
  • Navigation
    • Remember settings and history
    • Google earth map overlay
    • Slow to find destinations
    • Short interruptions in cell signal confuse or lock up system
    • No volume control or voice prompt customization (on/off)
    • Is a reminder every time that I would rather be using an app on my phone
    • Improved offline nav
  • More visualizations in Gauge Cluster
  • Turn on anti-aliasing. Lines are jagged on the speedometer
  • Faster car startup
  • Let the music page remain in place in the lower screen once it’s dragged there
  • Auto high for headlights/adaptive lighting
  • Seats
    • Comfort access/easy in out
    • Passenger Seat Memory
    • Heat/cool seats + steering wheel from app
  • Regen settings and drive mode linked to profile
  • Make Lock/Unlock more consistent with both Mobile Key and Key Fob
    • Customization of Unlock/Lock
    • Proximity lock - on/off
    • Unlock - Driver door/all doors
    • A way to turn off the car (Press park a second time)
    • Comfort access (seat moves back for exit) This helps many drivers with exit and helps if drivers of significant height differences share the car.
  • Faster Loading for profile changes
  • Improved wireless charging dock
  • Auto Wipers setting with variable speed
  • Use a combination of key proximity and rear camera/sensors to open the trunk Ala foot trunk/tailgate opening
  • Allow "work" address to be removed or changed to a different title i.e. son's house
  • Trunk opening with foot motion (boot kick)
  • Apple Car key
  • Park system/Camera
    • The cameras have a lag. The lag from reality to the screen inside the car is enough to be nauseating.
    • The graphics overlays cover the portions of the image you most need to see. The car is not represented on the screen accurately to where it is in the outside world. The audio alerts are annoying vs informative and often go to full tone when you are in fact not that close to anything.
    • The Park distance camera screen UI doesn’t even match up well with the rest of the UI in the car. Lower navigation panel is not there. The Autopark and Surround view links as well as the “x” and “mute” can be easily lost in the image.
Really appreciate the consolidated list. A low priority or may even be solved with just documentation, drive-in movie mode (used a lot with my family during the pandemic). Fundamentally keep the climate control and audio on without any exterior lights or interior lights even when door is opened.

Delay regen braking after disabling cruise control. If you are not already on the "gas," will lurch into a brake, especially on hard Regen setting.

Delay regen braking after disabling cruise control. If you are not already on the "gas," will lurch into a brake, especially on hard Regen setting.
I am new to EV - but this feels like a good idea, even if it was 0.25-0.5 second. Of course as you get more n more used to it, then maybe it needs to be configurable.
my roadtrip has helped - but I am still on standard regen.

It’s funny because with adaptive cruise control in ICE cars I always put my foot on the gas before deactivating it because I don’t want it to slow down that much, so I guess my habits won’t make the Lucid Lurch affect me much.

It’s funny because with adaptive cruise control in ICE cars I always put my foot on the gas before deactivating it because I don’t want it to slow down that much, so I guess my habits won’t make the Lucid Lurch affect me much.
The lurch is much much more than an ICE car (closer to mid to heavy braking). I am 90% sure the Model S delays regen braking (or disabled it completely until you next press the gas) when coming out of cruise control. It is not anything that can not be overcome, but definitely something that needs to improve. It is a little rough on passengers as it is currently.

Tesla has supported NFC unlock & drive on Android phones for at least several years, as well as standard the PAAK mechanism. NFC worked without any additional user programming or configuration - it was as if the NFC passed the same token to the car as the usual bluetooth mechanism. It's not exactly a backup though as all is still lost without a phone - still need to carry the backup NFC card.

The lurch is much much more than an ICE car (closer to mid to heavy braking). I am 90% sure the Model S delays regen braking (or disabled it completely until you next press the gas) when coming out of cruise control. It is not anything that can not be overcome, but definitely something that needs to improve. It is a little rough on passengers as it is currently.
I have only had my car for 5 weeks and this was a problem a first but I now can cancel the ACC with no change in speed. It is different than my ICE cars but it is not difficult to adapt to once you get the feel for how much pressure to add to the accelerator.

Tesla has supported NFC unlock & drive on Android phones for at least several years, as well as standard the PAAK mechanism. NFC worked without any additional user programming or configuration - it was as if the NFC passed the same token to the car as the usual bluetooth mechanism. It's not exactly a backup though as all is still lost without a phone - still need to carry the backup NFC card.

Incidentally, I discovered through talking to a Lucid engineer: if your key fob battery is dead (even totally dead) you can hold it *under* the camera on the driver side middle column and push in the door handle, and it will unlock, as a backup.

Above the camera is the passive RFID sensor for the valet card, below the camera is the NFC sensor for the key fob!

Back