Feedback/improvements for the Air!

What year were you based at Kadena?
Let me be clear with an intentionally cryptic reply. I was a civilian who flew in the back of that F-15. I wasn’t a test guy nor worked for Boeing. I supported Intel and USAF in many capacities. I was at Kadena in 2004. I am a member of the Pioneers of Stealth. Have exceeded Mach 1 and pulled 8.7Gs. I am constantly in awe of the real hero‘s who are in the military and fly these fighters, I wish I could have done that.

Let me be clear with an intentionally cryptic reply. I was a civilian who flew in the back of that F-15. I wasn’t a test guy nor worked for Boeing. I supported Intel and USAF in many capacities. I was at Kadena in 2004. I am a member of the Pioneers of Stealth. Have exceeded Mach 1 and pulled 8.7Gs. I am constantly in awe of the real hero‘s who are in the military and fly these fighters, I wish I could have done that.
Haven't thought of Kadena in Years. I was young Marine there, years more than I care to remember. Got absolutely pissed on my 21st birthday at the officers club before going off to Viet Nam

Here’s my list so far in my first week of ownership. If anyone sees something I listed that you know is there please do tell!

Auto dimming high beams

Wi-Fi hot spot

Apple CarPlay, please

SiriusXM radio or built in app? (CarPlay could take care of this)

What’s up with the wireless phone charger. Very finicky.

Memory function for front passenger seat.

Easy exit seat feature.

Program windshield washer with a delayed extra sweep to remove raining water.

Auto Wipers should remain in selected auto mode. Better yet, should be auto with variable speed.

Should allow “work” destination to be optionally removed. Don’t have a work address!

Allow screens to multitask- example allow for navigation map to be on pilot panel while having music/radio apps on the upper screen etc. Make more configurable.

HomeLink should be easily available with out having to close back up warning/cameras when backing out of garage.

Range should be show below State of charge on instrument panel.

% State of charge should be shown on app “home” page along with range.

T
Here’s my list so far in my first week of ownership. If anyone sees something I listed that you know is there please do tell!

Auto dimming high beams

Wi-Fi hot spot

Apple CarPlay, please

Easy exit seat feature.

Auto Wipers should remain in selected auto mode. Better yet, should be auto with variable speed.

Should allow “work” destination to be optionally removed. Don’t have a work address!

Allow screens to multitask- example allow for navigation map to be on pilot panel while having music/radio apps on the upper screen etc. Make more configurable.

HomeLink should be easily available with out having to close back up warning/cameras when backing out of garage.

You can toggle between SOC and range but currently can't display both at the same time.

Also, can you clarify what you mean by wifi hot spot?

Auto dimming high beams

Wi-Fi hot spot

Apple CarPlay, please

Easy exit seat feature.

Perhaps.. Range in miles displayed below State of charge on instrument panel..?

T

The memory for the front seats are tied to a user profile.

You can toggle between SOC and range but currently can't display both at the same time.

As fare as I know there currently is no memory feature for the front passenger seat.

a rolling wifi hotspot like Audi, MB, and lots of other manufacturers. Can connect several devices to vehicle for access to wifi via cell signal Typically needs a separate paid connectivity account from a cell service provider .

As fare as I know there currently is no memory feature for the front passenger seat.

a rolling wifi hotspot like Audi, MB, and lots of other manufacturers. Can connect several devices to vehicle for access to wifi via cell signal Typically needs a separate paid connectivity account from a cell service provider .
Yep okay, I saw your other post so i updated it off that.

Gotcha on the wifi. Question though, everyone has cell phones there days, why not just tether off that?

Yep okay, I saw your other post so i updated it off that.

Gotcha on the wifi. Question though, everyone has cell phones there days, why not just tether off that?
Typically the signal pull through the vehicle is better than a cell phone in my experience.

9349e5c7aea6f5ad7f8676773d592bfb.jpg

Did anyone ever use one of these, and did it work?

The Taycan Displays the battery temperature Which is extremely useful on a trip.
What good is knowing the battery temp?

Okay I would love to grab a beer sometime. My reply was cryptic for similar reasons.

Though I’ve only ever flown in choppers. :)

T

Wait, how can I get SOC? I’ve been wanting this.

Feedback is great, but a consolidated list of improvements would be an easy place for Lucid to look for feedback.

• CarPlay
  • Android Auto
  • Charge scheduling
  • Dashcam ability
  • Sentry mode
  • Camera while driving ability
  • Nav + music screen active at the same time, or just mutli-use
  • Google earth map overlay
  • Better route planning
  • Ability to filter for EA charging stations
  • V2G and V2V charging capabilities
  • Mix & match steering, suspension, and throttle
  • Homelink auto-trigger
  • Heat/cool seats + steering wheel from app
  • Hardwire USB data capabilities
  • Improved offline nav
  • Improved cabin temp hold (aka dog mode)
  • Satellite radio, either integrated or as an application
  • Max cabin temperature (like Tesla Cabin overheat protection where if the cabin gets above 105f, it controls it regardless as long as you have enough battery. Tesla created this due to component failures, but it’s honestly a wonderful feature)
  • Make the freaking cars in the UI match my car color. The car in the UI is a silver DE, which isn’t even possible
  • Turn off the nav lady voice
  • Remember Navigation settings and history
  • More visualizations in Gauge Cluster
  • Turn on anti-aliasing. Lines are jagged on the speedometer
  • Faster car startup
  • Let the music page remain in place in the lower screen once it’s dragged there
  • Auto high for headlights/adaptive lighting
  • Easy out, seats slides back when exiting and stays until a profile us loaded (comfort access)
  • Regen settings and drive mode linked to profile
  • Homelink button while reversing
  • Make Lock/Unlock more consistent with both Mobile Key and Key Fob
  • Faster Loading for profile changes
  • Unlock preferences (choose just driver or all doors)
  • Memory function for passenger seat
  • Improved wireless charging doc
  • Auto Wipers setting with variable speed
  • Allow "work" address to be removed or changed to a different title i.e. son's house
Spot on. Have a Lucid GT. Love it! Some additions:

Have the home charger open up the cover of the car charge port like Tesla

Have ability to have Nav screen open on bottom panel while music on pilot panel. Or vice versa.

Ability to remove huge search panel from navigation screen - takes up a third of the screen. Or make it much smaller.

Like you said - Have default driver settings when you enter car.

Windshield wipers just keep them auto on- override to off. Not vice versa.

Highway assist - need it yesterday.

Will think of more - confident Lucid tech will catch up to the rest of the car. It's simply the best car I've ever driven. But am surprised- whoever was/is head of tech integration must have been sleeping while rest of company was flying forward. Alexa is an almost "oh my God we need something now!" type of feature.

Ability to remove huge search panel from navigation screen - takes up a third of the screen. Or make it much smaller

I've occasionally done a sequence of moves on the screen that caused this search panel to disappear, but it's always when while I'm driving, and I don't register what I did that caused it to disappear. It has something to do with moving the Nav screen up and down between the Pilot Panel and Glass Cockpit, but I can never duplicate it when I'm specifically trying. It's bizarre that it's so convoluted.

I've occasionally done a sequence of moves on the screen that caused this search panel to disappear, but it's always when while I'm driving, and I don't register what I did that caused it to disappear. It has something to do with moving the Nav screen up and down between the Pilot Panel and Glass Cockpit, but I can never duplicate it when I'm specifically trying. It's bizarre that it's so convoluted.
You click the hamburger button on the screen and it puts away the search box. If you are referring to the right driver panel, push on it and it'll "slide" down

What good is knowing the battery temp?
If you drive an EV hard the battery temperature becomes the most important thing for Battery longevity. One would expect the BMS to do that but you be surprised how quickly the Battery pack temperature rises. In cod climates so you can avoid heavy loading the pack when cold. It is also useful if you are driving to a distant charging station to gage if it needs preconditioning or not.

If you drive an EV hard the battery temperature becomes the most important thing for Battery longevity. One would expect the BMS to do that but you be surprised how quickly the Battery pack temperature rises. In cod climates so you can avoid heavy loading the pack when cold. It is also useful if you are driving to a distant charging station to gage if it needs preconditioning or not.
I'm curious about the pre-conditioning routine. Is this something I should always do before stopping for a charging session? Wouldn't the battery be at the right temperature after driving for multiple hours and not need the pre-conditioning?

I'm curious about the pre-conditioning routine. Is this something I should always do before stopping for a charging session? Wouldn't the battery be at the right temperature after driving for multiple hours and not need the pre-conditioning?
It depends on the Ambient Temperature and the vehicle's average speed. Driving at 60MPH the Lucid consumes approximately 300 watts/mile. I doubt the current flow through the pack will bring the battery pack temperature up to optimum, on a -5 degree day, just from the energy generated by the current flow. On the other hand, driving the car at 90 MPH on a hot humid day the pack temperature will rise above optimum. Both cases will benefit from preconditioning on the way to a DC charger. I don't have enough Hot weather experience with the Lucid, as it arrived end of Dec, but on a hot Summer day in South Florida the Plaid fans go full speed while the car is charging. I hope this makes sense.

Back