Feedback/improvements for the Air!

Except I bought the car for the power, not the range. šŸ˜‹ But I also havenā€™t tried Launch mode yet, you knowā€¦balance ;)
I havenā€™t tried launch mode, either. Because launching on snow is probably not a great idea. Iā€™m guessing, anyway.

As the years go by, I think the question might be how many improvements (as opposed to fixes) will Lucid make to the original models and how many will they reserve as an inducement to owners to upgrade. That is what traditional car companies do. Lucid, of course, is not a traditional car company so I have elevated expectations.

Since Lucid likes to use modes begins with ā€œSā€ ā€”ā€œSmoothā€, ā€œSwiftā€ and ā€œSprintā€, why not introduce other ā€œSā€ modes as following?
@Tesla2.0 I see a future for you in the department of alliteration!

For what itā€™s worth,

Hereā€™s mine as of 12-29-22

• CarPlay
  • Nav + music screen active at the same time
  • Let the music page remain in place in the lower screen once itā€™s dragged there
  • Apple Music app for those who donā€™t want CarPlay
  • Homelink auto-trigger
    • Homelink buttons available in Park/Camera screen
    • Side Mirror auto trigger
  • Cabin temp hold (aka Dog Mode) Screen notification
  • Navigation
    • Google earth map overlay
    • Voice directions volume should be linked to profile
  • Allow "work" address to be removed or changed to a different title i.e. son's house
  • Mix & match steering, suspension, and throttle and choices linked to profile.
  • Drive mode linked to profile
  • Valet Mode/Young driver mode to limit acceleration/top speed
  • Calendar integration (similar to Tesla, calendar comes onscreen at 1st drive of the day)
  • Google Calendar address automatically populates navigation
  • Simpler reboot process
  • Side mirror reverse tilt
  • Trunk opening with foot motion (boot kick)
  • Eco drive mode (disabling a motor while on highway or for less acceleration)
  • Sentry Mode

For what itā€™s worth,

Hereā€™s mine as of 12-29-22

• CarPlay
  • Nav + music screen active at the same time
  • Let the music page remain in place in the lower screen once itā€™s dragged there
  • Apple Music app for those who donā€™t want CarPlay
  • Homelink auto-trigger
    • Homelink buttons available in Park/Camera screen
    • Side Mirror auto trigger
  • Cabin temp hold (aka Dog Mode) Screen notification
  • Navigation
    • Voice directions volume should be linked to profile
  • Allow "work" address to be removed or changed to a different title i.e. son's house
  • Mix & match steering, suspension, and throttle and choices linked to profile.
  • Drive mode linked to profile
  • Calendar integration (similar to Tesla, calendar comes onscreen at 1st drive of the day)
  • Google Calendar address automatically populates navigation
  • Simpler reboot process
  • Side mirror reverse tilt
  • Sentry Mode
Yup. Good list. Satellite overlay is already available on the map but the source isnā€™t Google.

Feedback is great, but a consolidated list of improvements would be an easy place for Lucid to look for feedback.

• CarPlay
  • Android Auto
  • Charge scheduling
  • Dashcam ability
  • Sentry mode
  • Camera while driving ability
  • Nav + music screen active at the same time, or just mutli-use
  • V2G, V2V, V2H charging capabilities
  • Mix & match steering, suspension, and throttle
  • Homelink auto-trigger
    • Add bottom navigation and a side panel with Homelink buttons to the pilot panel Park/Camera screen
  • Hardwire USB data capabilities
  • Improved cabin temp hold (aka dog mode)
  • Satellite radio, either integrated or as an application
  • Max cabin temperature (like Tesla Cabin overheat protection where if the cabin gets above 105f, it controls it regardless as long as you have enough battery. Tesla created this due to component failures, but itā€™s honestly a wonderful feature)
  • Make the freaking cars in the UI match my car color. The car in the UI is a silver DE, which isnā€™t even possible
  • Navigation
    • Slow to find destinations
    • Short interruptions in cell signal confuse or lock up system
  • More visualizations in Gauge Cluster
  • Turn on anti-aliasing. Lines are jagged on the speedometer
  • Faster car startup
  • Auto high for headlights/adaptive lighting
  • Seats
    • Comfort access/easy in out
    • Passenger Seat Memory
    • Heat/cool seats + steering wheel from app
  • Regen settings and drive mode linked to profile
  • Make Lock/Unlock more consistent with both Mobile Key and Key Fob
    • Customization of Unlock/Lock
    • Proximity lock - on/off
    • Unlock - Driver door/all doors
    • A way to turn off the car (Press park a second time)
    • Comfort access (seat moves back for exit) This helps many drivers with exit and helps if drivers of significant height differences share the car.
  • Faster Loading for profile changes
  • Improved wireless charging dock
  • Auto Wipers setting with variable speed
  • Use a combination of key proximity and rear camera/sensors to open the trunk Ala foot trunk/tailgate opening
  • Apple Car key
  • Park system/Camera
    • The cameras have a lag. The lag from reality to the screen inside the car is enough to be nauseating.
    • The graphics overlays cover the portions of the image you most need to see. The car is not represented on the screen accurately to where it is in the outside world. The audio alerts are annoying vs informative and often go to full tone when you are in fact not that close to anything.
    • The Park distance camera screen UI doesnā€™t even match up well with the rest of the UI in the car. Lower navigation panel is not there. The Autopark and Surround view links as well as the ā€œxā€ and ā€œmuteā€ can be easily lost in the image.
  • charge points need to adjust / adapt based on current consumption rate and not just when the route is first planned. (https://lucidowners.com/threads/enhancement-request-gps-must-be-dynamic-regarding-range.1065/)
  • left hand display in addition to the current mileage/average mile/kWh must have a 5 mins running average mile/kWh (https://lucidowners.com/threads/enhancement-request-energy-usage-needs-a-5-min-average.1066/)
  • Drive-in Movie Mode - Keep the climate on but have interior lights and exterior lights off when doors open
  • Ability to turn off running lights
  • Delay on regen braking when disengaging cruise control
  • Auto-precondition when destination is set as a charging station
  • Ability to view both soc% and estimated mileage remaining
  • Plug and charge enabled on other networks (Chargepoint and EvGo)
Would also like to see a mass email sent to all owners when new update is available. Seems like updates are sent out to not all cars at same time and it is difficult to know if there was an update sent but not yet to oneā€™s car. Ask would be good to list latest update on Lucid Motors website.

Would also like to see a mass email sent to all owners when new update is available. Seems like updates are sent out to not all cars at same time and it is difficult to know if there was an update sent but not yet to oneā€™s car. Ask would be good to list latest update on Lucid Motors website.
I like this idea, update incoming in the next few days, if you don't have it by the end of this week, please contact customer care, but NOT before then. šŸ˜

I like this idea, update incoming in the next few days, if you don't have it by the end of this week, please contact customer care, but NOT before then. šŸ˜
My car will be in the shop for the next week or so for PPF. I assume that the car would not update by itself and that I should wait until I get the car back before installing the update?

I wish Lucid fixes the volume for music streamed over Bluetooth (YouTube Music) and nav sound coming from Google Maps. The nav sound is too low but if i increase the volume, the music sounds too loud.

My car will be in the shop for the next week or so for PPF. I assume that the car would not update by itself and that I should wait until I get the car back before installing the update?
You can install updates if they come. I did, just at night šŸ˜ƒ

I wish Lucid fixes the volume for music streamed over Bluetooth (YouTube Music) and nav sound coming from Google Maps. The nav sound is too low but if i increase the volume, the music sounds too loud.
From the Owner's Manual: "o access the audio settings on the Pilot Panel, select > Audio. - Equalizer: Adjusts the bass, mid, and treble - Balance: Adjusts the sound level between the speakers - Volume: Adjusts the master volume, as well as the volume levels for the navigation system and phone" (emphasis added) You should be able to adjust navigation and phone volume here, independent of the master. The dashboard and steering wheel controls affect the master only, but settings allows you to crank up the nav relative to the other sources, for example.

From the Owner's Manual: "o access the audio settings on the Pilot Panel, select > Audio. - Equalizer: Adjusts the bass, mid, and treble - Balance: Adjusts the sound level between the speakers - Volume: Adjusts the master volume, as well as the volume levels for the navigation system and phone" (emphasis added) You should be able to adjust navigation and phone volume here, independent of the master. The dashboard and steering wheel controls affect the master only, but settings allows you to crank up the nav relative to the other sources, for example.
We tried this. It is one adjustment that adjusts all of these at the same time.

We tried this. It is one adjustment that adjusts all of these at the same time.
Ah, missing feature! Sorry, couldn't try out, mine is still a parts list in the factory.

- A short cut button in UI right cockpit menu for Tripmeter. It is cumbersome to go thru sub menu to find them.

Thatā€™s odd that there arenā€˜t individual volume controls for Nav announcements and music.
You can mute the nav, at least. I find the voice alerts distracting, anyway.

But yes. Separate volume controls are needed for those who still like the voice prompts. And the mute option should be remembered for future navigation. Right now, it keeps defaulting to on for every trip.

- More option at configuring ambient light, make from 6 to 9, add 2 more in other color spectrum and CUSTOM option for user to select RGB wheel.

You can mute the nav, at least. I find the voice alerts distracting, anyway.

But yes. Separate volume controls are needed for those who still like the voice prompts. And the mute option should be remembered for future navigation. Right now, it keeps defaulting to on for every trip.
Joe, I always like the voice prompts on any Nav since it then reduces the need for me to redirect my eyes to the screen.

I havenā€™t tried launch mode, either. Because launching on snow is probably not a great idea. Iā€™m guessing, anyway.
I think we want a nice flat stretch of highway with no cars to try it and of course it needs to stop raining before we can try it.

Back