Feedback/improvements for the Air!

On a totally unrelated note, I'd like the rear seat headrests to be collapsible. The rear window isn't that big, and those headrests take up a nontrivial amount of the visible space. I've seen collapsible headrests in other brands, maybe Volvo or Mercedes? It would be a nice thing for rear visibility.

On a totally unrelated note, I'd like the rear seat headrests to be collapsible. The rear window isn't that big, and those headrests take up a nontrivial amount of the visible space. I've seen collapsible headrests in other brands, maybe Volvo or Mercedes? It would be a nice thing for rear visibility.
Actually I think Lucid missed an opportunity to include a rear view camera in the mirror.

Would also like to see a mass email sent to all owners when new update is available. Seems like updates are sent out to not all cars at same time and it is difficult to know if there was an update sent but not yet to one’s car. Ask would be good to list latest update on Lucid Motors website.
This is an excellent idea. I got several updates in quick succession and I have no idea what was in them.

- have fancy animated welcome splash screen when car just started. Perhaps graphic design team have fancy “Lucid Air” logo or an Air drives from from right side of cockpit screen to left side of screen.

I understand the idea but todays phones are so much faster… I’ll just use my phone.
I echo this as well. Web browsers in vehicles are such a low priority item, they just degrade over time and receive no attention. Overall just provide a poor experience (look at the Lucid’s update release notes screen, which is a web browser). They’re about as useful as the PS3’s web browser (not useful beyond the periodic trying to work around something).

I echoe you guys. I used Tesla web browser in the past and it crashed many times for instability. But since Lucid hasn’t have much apps and unlike Polestar 2 Android System loaded with Google Play store to get tons of apps, a browser can do a lot of things —- Amazon shopping, video streaming and play games while sitting in car whether waiting in parking lot for family members or in DC fast charge stations.

Pilot panel is basically a big iPad.

PS. - attached is what I just experienced after downloaded a web browser on PS2 watching Disney+ in web browser.
902E07A4-1191-4CAB-A725-05DBCA037A5E.jpeg
70ED83C2-D4D4-4DF7-83D2-3067524F5D3C.jpeg

Land Rover also does this, not quite as exotic as a Ferrari but probably just as expensive to maintain :p
My 2010 Chevy Silverado had one. Even lower on the exotic spectrum 😂. I did enjoy it at the time as my eyes and brain were trained to look at that mirror while backing up. Now, my brain is trained to look to the dash area for the backup camera image so I don’t know if I would use a mirror camera much.

I haven’t tried launch mode, either. Because launching on snow is probably not a great idea. I’m guessing, anyway.
You should try. Maybe make snow-cream! 🤣 :eek:

My 2010 Chevy Silverado had one. Even lower on the exotic spectrum 😂. I did enjoy it at the time as my eyes and brain were trained to look at that mirror while backing up. Now, my brain is trained to look to the dash area for the backup camera image so I don’t know if I would use a mirror camera much.
That for parking is easy, it's for when you're blasting down the highway are trying to change lanes blind. I remember when I was much younger and drove a company truck with a big cover on the back, changing lanes required patience and planning.

There are so many posts here already, many of which I'm waiting for too. But this is one that may or may not be on there.
It would be nice if the car had an audible tone when it locked. My last car emitted two tones and they were really nice. The first one was when you exited the car and closed the door. It did a check and if all doors were closed and lights were off it emitted the first tone. After you were about 10 feet away, you'd hear the second tone and know it was locking itself without having to look at it. With this one I find myself starting across the parking lot to see if it locked.

There are so many posts here already, many of which I'm waiting for too. But this is one that may or may not be on there.
It would be nice if the car had an audible tone when it locked. My last car emitted two tones and they were really nice. The first one was when you exited the car and closed the door. It did a check and if all doors were closed and lights were off it emitted the first tone. After you were about 10 feet away, you'd hear the second tone and know it was locking itself without having to look at it. With this one I find myself starting across the parking lot to see if it locked.
if you don't use the proximity lock/unlock and use the fob, it will honk when locked

But automated is better. I like keeping the fob safe in my purse, where it can't be dropped or lost.
You can literally put it right back in your purse after you lock it. Decide which is better for you, either keep looking back to make sure the mirrors fold in as you walk away, or lock it with the fob to hear the audible. Those are the only options and they are both “automated”. Personally, I do the walk away and check and recheck to make sure 🤣

You can literally put it right back in your purse after you lock it. Decide which is better for you, either keep looking back to make sure the mirrors fold in as you walk away, or lock it with the fob to hear the audible. Those are the only options and they are both “automated”. Personally, I do the walk away and check and recheck to make sure 🤣
You can also press the handle in for an immediate lock if you do not trust that it will lock or you won't be able to see the car when you look back.

You can also press the handle in for an immediate lock if you do not trust that it will lock or you won't be able to see the car when you look back.
Nice. I will try that.

Back