• NOTICE (May 14 - 11:00 PM - 1:00 AM ET)

LucidOwners.com server will be down for maintenance during this scheduled time.
    Please note there will be a period of time when the forum is unaccessible. Thank you for your patience and understanding.

Feedback/improvements for the Air!

I have had the frunk unexpectedly open when shifting from drive to reverse to pull into a parking spot. I had service check it but they were unable to reproduce it. I agree, the frunk should not open unless the car is in park. The old manual actually stated it that way but the new manual says that is will not open when the car is in motion and no longer says anything about being in park.
I was at FLW and Pima, waiting to make a left turn. Got major heartburn when the frunk opened.
I would classify this problem at the level of the headlight issue, if not higher, because the car is not drive-able and can cause an accident.

I have had the frunk unexpectedly open when shifting from drive to reverse to pull into a parking spot. I had service check it but they were unable to reproduce it. I agree, the frunk should not open unless the car is in park. The old manual actually stated it that way but the new manual says that is will not open when the car is in motion and no longer says anything about being in park.
You can see on the left cockpit panel that the frunk button becomes disabled when the car is moving. Then it goes back to enabled when the car stops. It can definitely be opened while not in park.

I get why some might just want to stop, let out a passenger, and pop the trunk or frunk without bothering to shift into park. Let’s face it: most cars throughout history could have their trunk or hood popped at 90 mph on the highway. So this is by no means exclusive to Lucid.

But I agree Lucid should consider forcing drivers to shift into park before opening the trunk or frunk.

You can see on the left cockpit panel that the frunk button becomes disabled when the car is moving. Then it goes back to enabled when the car stops. It can definitely be opened while not in park.

I get why some might just want to stop, let out a passenger, and pop the trunk or frunk without bothering to shift into park. Let’s face it: most cars throughout history could have their trunk or hood popped at 90 mph on the highway. So this is by no means exclusive to Lucid.

But I agree Lucid should consider forcing drivers to shift into park before opening the trunk or frunk.
Opening the frunk while the car is in drive or reverse, puts the car into park. Hence, I would prefer to just allow it to open when in park.

Can someone tell me how to have the audio system start where it left off instead of at the top of a playlist, it’s ultra annoying. I have a tidal playlist of 400 songs and even while I’m listening, if I switch screens and come back while driving, the list starts over every time. Surely this can’t be how Lucid intended it’s awful and I need guidance on how to make my audio system work reasonably well.

- Lucid Charger: I have a previous NEMA 10-30 outlet for my Tesla and honestly, the Tesla charger with Lectron adapter has been working fine. I wanted to switch over to the Lucid charger that came with the car and purchased a NEMA 14-50 to 10-30 adapter cable, but the Lucid won't charge. Car shows "Preparing to Charge" but the light on the lucid charger stays red and the car actually never starts charging. Is there a trick to this ?
I tried a 14-50 to 10-30 adapter also - with the same result. Customer Service let me know that the new Lucid 14-30 charger adapter was available and ordered one delivered to me. Works great.

Can someone tell me how to have the audio system start where it left off instead of at the top of a playlist, it’s ultra annoying. I have a tidal playlist of 400 songs and even while I’m listening, if I switch screens and come back while driving, the list starts over every time. Surely this can’t be how Lucid intended it’s awful and I need guidance on how to make my audio system work reasonably well.
I would try pausing whatever you are listening to before you get out of the car. But then again, I think it's Tidal because the Spotify interface will pick up where I left off everytime.

I have been keeping a list of possible bugs and/or suggestions since taking possession of the car end of December and really getting to know it on some longer drives -- sometimes hard to tell the difference. Not sure if there is an appropriate email to send them to or if this is the right place. Anyway, here they are, but let me know if there is a way I should send them directly to Lucid or if anyone has experienced the same issues and figured out the fixes to any or all of these.

- Mobile key is usually not recognized unless app is opened and phone is unlocked. When it is recognized, it is taking way too long to do so -- sometimes have to stand right next to the car for at least 30-45 seconds for it to recognize. Individual bug or known issue ?
- When in navigation mode, can't see the radio stations without exiting navigation.
- Regardless of which media selection you are in, the favorites list should be governed by the arrows on steering wheel, but when in RADIO mode, they only act like SEEK and tunes to the next numerical station rather than the next saved favorite station. How many people use seek regularly ?
- There should be a general favorites screen with mix and match radio and streaming favorites in one place so not having to switch between media screens.
- Is there a place to install USB stick with music files. Have a whole USB stick from my old Tesla that I created and would love to have this in the Lucid ?
- Parking sensors are not activating and notifying proximity tones and/or activating cameras in time when pulling into a parking spot. There is also too long a delay and often not activating at all when close to another car/object.
- 3D surround and rear view cameras taking too long to engage in reverse and sometimes don't load at all
- Major delay in cell phone connectivity for text messages and contact lists when first starting up
- Profile settings should retain auto high beam preference and drive mode preference (Swift, Smooth, etc).
- When manually adjusting seats with side buttons, SEATS screen should pop open to allow saving the changes to my profile.
- In CLIMATE screen, the auto condition seats and steering wheel feature not working and doesn't stay illuminated when activated.
- Homelink screen needs to stay up over reverse cameras so I can close the garage without putting the car in park or manually closing the video screens.
- Need Homelink auto-activation (open and close) on approach and departure
- Advanced Cruise Control -- no RESUME function. When cancelling and restarting, it reverts back to the posted speed limit rather than my previous set speed. Very annoying !
- Lucid Charger: I have a previous NEMA 10-30 outlet for my Tesla and honestly, the Tesla charger with Lectron adapter has been working fine. I wanted to switch over to the Lucid charger that came with the car and purchased a NEMA 14-50 to 10-30 adapter cable, but the Lucid won't charge. Car shows "Preparing to Charge" but the light on the lucid charger stays red and the car actually never starts charging. Is there a trick to this ?

Sorry if some of these are redundant.
Many of these are familiar to me too (in just a few weeks of ownership). Especially the mobile key thing-bizarre.

Windshield wipers should never run when the doors are open. After it’s rained, the wipers always seem to start running when I open the drivers door and… yeah… no. That’s not good.

This pic is for those who complaint about the rear view visibility.
I think it's a very simple solution for that.

Classified as an improvement?

Attachments

• 20230126_145914.jpg
    20230126_145914.jpg
    5.2 MB · Views: 164
This pic is for those who complaint about the rear view visibility.
I think it's a very simple solution for that.

Classified as an improvement?
A rear view screen option would me my vote.

A rear view screen option would me my vote.
Agree with you 100%. But it may, or it may not happen.
My suggestion takes 2 minutes and it's reversible :)

I tried a 14-50 to 10-30 adapter also - with the same result. Customer Service let me know that the new Lucid 14-30 charger adapter was available and ordered one delivered to me. Works great.
Huh... My NEMA 10-30 box is only wired with 3 wires (2 + ground) and converting it to a 14-30 would require a neutral wire. What adapter did you end up buying that made the Lucid charger happy with the 14-30 adapter since I purchased that also, but it didn't work to charge the car going from a 10-30 outlet to the Lucid 14-30. The car showed connected, but never made it out of the "Preparing to Charge" mode.

You can mute the nav, at least. I find the voice alerts distracting, anyway.

But yes. Separate volume controls are needed for those who still like the voice prompts. And the mute option should be remembered for future navigation. Right now, it keeps defaulting to on for every trip.
Can you mute the Nav, but keep the music volume on? I hope so, but I’ve tried everything, including asking Alexa to do it - withou success. Whats the trick?

Can you mute the Nav, but keep the music volume on? I hope so, but I’ve tried everything, including asking Alexa to do it - withou success. Whats the trick?
When you have navigation up, there is a small speaker icon on the bottom of the cockpit dsiplay, tap that icon to mute the nav voice. The icon will change and show a slash through it when muted.

When you have navigation up, there is a small speaker icon on the bottom of the cockpit dsiplay, tap that icon to mute the nav voice. The icon will change and show a slash through it when muted.
Yes, it certainly is right there - staring at me. Thks.
I took delivery of my Touring last Thursday. Other than a couple of necessary but easy improvements to the infotainment center - such as the ability to have both the Nav and Radio functions displayed at the same time, my Touring is spectacular. Love the car.

Air improvement feedback:

Please have Efficiency track last 15 ~ 30 minutes interval average. And pot them in constant chart to be on instrument cluster.

Once the car has aggregated efficiency for per minutes average. The car can use it for guesstimating remaining energy left on its range estimator.

Feedback is great, but a consolidated list of improvements would be an easy place for Lucid to look for feedback.

• CarPlay
  • Android Auto
  • Charge scheduling
  • Dashcam ability
  • Sentry mode
  • Camera while driving ability
  • Nav + music screen active at the same time, or just mutli-use
  • V2G, V2V, V2H charging capabilities
  • Mix & match steering, suspension, and throttle
  • Homelink auto-trigger
    • Add bottom navigation and a side panel with Homelink buttons to the pilot panel Park/Camera screen
  • Hardwire USB data capabilities
  • Improved cabin temp hold (aka dog mode)
  • Satellite radio, either integrated or as an application
  • Max cabin temperature (like Tesla Cabin overheat protection where if the cabin gets above 105f, it controls it regardless as long as you have enough battery. Tesla created this due to component failures, but it’s honestly a wonderful feature)
  • Make the freaking cars in the UI match my car color. The car in the UI is a silver DE, which isn’t even possible
  • Navigation
    • Google earth map overlay
    • Slow to find destinations
    • Short interruptions in cell signal confuse or lock up system
  • More visualizations in Gauge Cluster
  • Turn on anti-aliasing. Lines are jagged on the speedometer
  • Faster car startup
  • Let the music page remain in place in the lower screen once it’s dragged there
  • Auto high for headlights/adaptive lighting
  • Seats
    • Comfort access/easy in out
    • Passenger Seat Memory
    • Heat/cool seats + steering wheel from app
  • Regen settings and drive mode linked to profile
  • Make Lock/Unlock more consistent with both Mobile Key and Key Fob
    • Customization of Unlock/Lock
    • Proximity lock - on/off
    • Unlock - Driver door/all doors
    • A way to turn off the car (Press park a second time)
    • Comfort access (seat moves back for exit) This helps many drivers with exit and helps if drivers of significant height differences share the car.
  • Faster Loading for profile changes
  • Improved wireless charging dock
  • Auto Wipers setting with variable speed
  • Use a combination of key proximity and rear camera/sensors to open the trunk Ala foot trunk/tailgate opening
  • Allow "work" address to be removed or changed to a different title i.e. son's house
  • Trunk opening with foot motion (boot kick)
  • Apple Car key
  • Park system/Camera
    • The cameras have a lag. The lag from reality to the screen inside the car is enough to be nauseating.
    • The graphics overlays cover the portions of the image you most need to see. The car is not represented on the screen accurately to where it is in the outside world. The audio alerts are annoying vs informative and often go to full tone when you are in fact not that close to anything.
    • The Park distance camera screen UI doesn’t even match up well with the rest of the UI in the car. Lower navigation panel is not there. The Autopark and Surround view links as well as the “x” and “mute” can be easily lost in the image.
  • charge points need to adjust / adapt based on current consumption rate and not just when the route is first planned. (https://lucidowners.com/threads/enhancement-request-gps-must-be-dynamic-regarding-range.1065/)
  • left hand display in addition to the current mileage/average mile/kWh must have a 5 mins running average mile/kWh (https://lucidowners.com/threads/enhancement-request-energy-usage-needs-a-5-min-average.1066/)
  • Valet Mode/Young driver mode to limit acceleration/top speed
  • Drive-in Movie Mode - Keep the climate on but have interior lights and exterior lights off when doors open
  • Ability to turn off running lights
  • Delay on regen braking when disengaging cruise control
  • Auto-precondition when destination is set as a charging station
  • Eco drive mode (disabling a motor while on highway or for less acceleration)
  • Ability to view both soc% and estimated mileage remaining
  • Plug and charge enabled on other networks (Chargepoint and EvGo)
Has anyone else noticed the problem of the door handles not presenting getting progressively worse? Mine were never great but now it’s like an evil gremlin took up residence in the car just to torture me with repeatedly presenting the handles only to have them snap back in. Or, just simply ignoring my approaching presence. Ignoring my using the key fob to have the handles present. All of this annoying car behavior was not good when I took delivery Dec 31, 2021, and has only gotten far worse. Are upgrades making it worse? If so, why don’t they fix this bug??

Has anyone else noticed the problem of the door handles not presenting getting progressively worse? Mine were never great but now it’s like an evil gremlin took up residence in the car just to torture me with repeatedly presenting the handles only to have them snap back in. Or, just simply ignoring my approaching presence. Ignoring my using the key fob to have the handles present. All of this annoying car behavior was not good when I took delivery Dec 31, 2021, and has only gotten far worse. Are upgrades making it worse? If so, why don’t they fix this bug??
What has the service facility done to repair this?

I have seen steady improvement with the OTA updates regarding the doors unlocking. It is really not much of an issue for me any longer. Only rarely will I see the handles present and then immediately retract (once in the last two months).

Back