• NOTICE (May 14 - 11:00 PM - 1:00 AM ET)

LucidOwners.com server will be down for maintenance during this scheduled time.
    Please note there will be a period of time when the forum is unaccessible. Thank you for your patience and understanding.

Features Confirmation

obelix

Cars
BMW X3
I was hoping to get some feedback on some of the features that I've gotten used to over last 6yrs. I've not really searched to verify each feature Lucid offers, and they have not provided detailed specs so I'm hoping current owners or enthusiasts can just confirm.

I own BMW X3 that was built-to-order directly from factory(ordered through a dealer). Fully loaded, pretty much added every available options for that model at that time (except the most powerful engine). This build was impacted by 3G shutdown as I missed the cut-off by few months. So, can't upgrade to 4G without aftermarket hassle. So, I'm looking after to Lucid as our "Connected" car.

I've booked Touring and Pure. I want to see the full specs of Pure before making final decision.

Auto Hold: This is pretty standard these days. BMW works very well with Adaptive Cruise Control as well without any driver trigger. Just want to make such basic thing is functional.

ACC (Adaptive Cruise Control): Can it go all the way to zero if moving traffic comes to stop slowly, say at stop light? BMW has been pretty good at any speed, say 80mph to 0mph as long it locked in any moving car/motorcycle, etc. to adapt/control the speed. It doesn't work on stationary car though, at least my model. Also, it will pick from zero to set cruising speed once traffic starts moving without any trigger.

360 View: I understand it is only available with DDPro. 360 view on my X3 works for up-to 25mph, stops after that. Also, I can choose to see a reasonably long distance front view at up-to 10mph (less used but useful to have). I'm not clear what exactly Lucid offers with 360.

Collision/Pedestrian Warning: These are pretty common on most car these days. So, I'm assuming it's there, hopefully improved.

Heads Up Display: I've gotten used to of Heads Up Display. I get to see speed limit, navigation turns, current speed, infotainment selections, etc. directly on the windshield (only viewable to driver). I hardly have to look at center console. I don't think there many companies adopting heads-up display, and focus has shifted to wider console. Looking from feedback from users of Heads Up Display.

Heated Steering/Heated Seat: These things are pretty basic these days. Just want to make sure Lucid didn't reinvent.

Self Parallel Park: Not something I use much but nice to have identify the spots where car fit in.

I was hoping to get some feedback on some of the features that I've gotten used to over last 6yrs. I've not really searched to verify each feature Lucid offers, and they have not provided detailed specs so I'm hoping current owners or enthusiasts can just confirm.

I own BMW X3 that was built-to-order directly from factory(ordered through a dealer). Fully loaded, pretty much added every available options for that model at that time (except the most powerful engine). This build was impacted by 3G shutdown as I missed the cut-off by few months. So, can't upgrade to 4G without aftermarket hassle. So, I'm looking after to Lucid as our "Connected" car.

I've booked Touring and Pure. I want to see the full specs of Pure before making final decision.

Auto Hold: This is pretty standard these days. BMW works very well with Adaptive Cruise Control as well without any driver trigger. Just want to make such basic thing is functional.

ACC (Adaptive Cruise Control): Can it go all the way to zero if moving traffic comes to stop slowly, say at stop light? BMW has been pretty good at any speed, say 80mph to 0mph as long it locked in any moving car/motorcycle, etc. to adapt/control the speed. It doesn't work on stationary car though, at least my model. Also, it will pick from zero to set cruising speed once traffic starts moving without any trigger.

360 View: I understand it is only available with DDPro. 360 view on my X3 works for up-to 25mph, stops after that. Also, I can choose to see a reasonably long distance front view at up-to 10mph (less used but useful to have). I'm not clear what exactly Lucid offers with 360.

Collision/Pedestrian Warning: These are pretty common on most car these days. So, I'm assuming it's there, hopefully improved.

Heads Up Display: I've gotten used to of Heads Up Display. I get to see speed limit, navigation turns, current speed, infotainment selections, etc. directly on the windshield (only viewable to driver). I hardly have to look at center console. I don't think there many companies adopting heads-up display, and focus has shifted to wider console. Looking from feedback from users of Heads Up Display.

Heated Steering/Heated Seat: These things are pretty basic these days. Just want to make sure Lucid didn't reinvent.

Self Parallel Park: Not something I use much but nice to have identify the spots where car fit in.
If you get DD Pro, I think everything you want is there on the Touring, except the HUD. Only one that I'm not entirely sure is the heated steering wheel.

If you get DD Pro, I think everything you want is there on the Touring, except the HUD. Only one that I'm not entirely sure is the heated steering wheel.
Thanks hydbob. That's good.

I'd appreciate if anyone can confirm on "Heated Steering Wheel". This is not common for mid-range car but basic on any high-end. It's not a deal breaker for me but I do use it for good 4-5 months.

Thanks hydbob. That's good.

I'd appreciate if anyone can confirm on "Heated Steering Wheel". This is not common for mid-range car but basic on any high-end. It's not a deal breaker for me but I do use it for good 4-5 months.
You'll probably have to check with Lucid on that.

You'll probably have to check with Lucid on that.
I'd be shocked if the Lucid Touring doesn't have heated steering wheel, I know AGT and DE do, and if the seats having cooled and heated seats and rear seats having heating, is an indication of that, I assume the steering has it too.

but yeah, won't know until someone confirms it from Lucid

on that note, I saw the cigarettes lighter 240v in the back right of the Lucid in trunk, but is there one in the front too?

I'd be shocked if the Lucid Touring doesn't have heated steering wheel, I know AGT and DE do, and if the seats having cooled and heated seats and rear seats having heating, is an indication of that, I assume the steering has it too.

but yeah, won't know until someone confirms it from Lucid

on that note, I saw the cigarettes lighter 240v in the back right of the Lucid in trunk, but is there one in the front too?
If AGT and DE has then I don't see why T or even Pure wouldn't. Anyway, I'll ask Lucid guys to confirm. These things are options feature so it will really deter people if they can't offer all the comfort features. These are not some chump change car.

Also, did you mean 240W instead of 240V? That would be 20amps assuming standard 12v outlet. BMW I've has 15amps in the trunk, 10amps in the front. So, 180W in the back. I use the 180W one to crank Air Compressor many times, these compressors are very power intensive.

I'd not be surprised by 20amps on Lucid, it runs on gigantic battery compared to any ICE car.

All the internet posts I've read about the Touring's standard features have mentioned a heated steering wheel, including this page:

Even in Phoenix, I find it useful on occasion and would be bummed if it wasn't included.

All the internet posts I've read about the Touring's standard features have mentioned a heated steering wheel, including this page:

Even in Phoenix, I find it useful on occasion and would be bummed if it wasn't included.
Looks like you are very similar to me. I am going to be moving from a BMW 530e to the Lucid.

Lucid doesn’t mention the heated steering wheel on their main web site for any trim. Which is odd. But that makes it harder to speculate.

I didn’t even see it mentioned in the owner’s manual. Perhaps I’m missing it somewhere?

In the past the owner’s manual has been a good source of seeing whether they mention “if available” or some such language. As with the sun shades, which are not on Pure.

From all I have read regarding things that are and aren’t included with Touring, heated steering wheel has never been suggested as not included. So far, everything posted in that thread linked above appears to be accurate.

Just talked to my SA...

Heated steering wheel - "standard across the board"

Heated front seats - definitely have on both AT and AP

Heated rear seats - definitely have on both AT and AP

Didn't have info on ventilated seats...

Just talked to my SA...

Heated steering wheel - "standard across the board"

Heated front seats - definitely have on both AT and AP

Heated rear seats - definitely have on both AT and AP

Didn't have info on ventilated seats...
Ventilated are supposedly on Touring but not Pure. At least that's what we gathered this summer.

Ventilated are supposedly on Touring but not Pure
My SA said no ventilated seats on the Pure, and followed up by showing the upholstery difference on Pure vs. Touring, Pure having no holes in the seat material.

My SA said no ventilated seats on the Pure, and followed up by showing the upholstery difference on Pure vs. Touring, Pure having no holes in the seat material.
I wonder if that means the PurLux option on Touring would not have ventilation, either? Or would they perforate the seats in that instance.

If AGT and DE has then I don't see why T or even Pure wouldn't. Anyway, I'll ask Lucid guys to confirm. These things are options feature so it will really deter people if they can't offer all the comfort features. These are not some chump change car.

Also, did you mean 240W instead of 240V? That would be 20amps assuming standard 12v outlet. BMW I've has 15amps in the trunk, 10amps in the front. So, 180W in the back. I use the 180W one to crank Air Compressor many times, these compressors are very power intensive.

I'd not be surprised by 20amps on Lucid, it runs on gigantic battery compared to any ICE car.
Sorry, it's 12v 180w

I wonder if that means the PurLux option on Touring would not have ventilation
The SA showed the PureLux for the Touring -- perforated, and Pure -- solid. Touring gets ventilation in the seats, Pure does not. And no, you can't poke your own holes in the Pure seats and get air blowing through the seats :)

Maybe some ventilated seats work better than others but the ones in my BMW 530e ("luxury seating package") don't do much. So missing them on the Pure won't bother me.

The lists of standard equipment I provided and hydbob reposted in separate threads came from my contact at lucid. Somethings may have changed since then. But, I am confident that they were accurate at the time I posted them. So, Touring has ventilated front seats, Pure does not. Both have heated steering wheels.

The lists of standard equipment I provided and hydbob reposted in separate threads came from my contact at lucid. Somethings may have changed since then. But, I am confident that they were accurate at the time I posted them. So, Touring has ventilated front seats, Pure does not. Both have heated steering wheels.
Thanks. I looked into sheet comparing Touring vs Pure. I'm hoping Lucid provide detailed spec after Nov 15th event. I'm not doubting the contents but manufacture has to provided these things as official document to remove any grey area.

One thing that stood out was "Rain Sensing Wiper". Why would they remove it in Pure. I've not used "Heated" wipers so no knowledge of that directly but rain sensing is also very common. These cars are gadgets so, at a minimum, Pure should have Rain Sensing, if not heated.

On a related note, I've not seen any discussion related to Car Seats. Obviously, I'm not asking if there is a latch in the car. ISOFIX has been standard even at lowest end car for last 5-6yrs. But, I'm trying to see if there has been any observations. I'll be fitting in 2 car seats at least for next 4-5yrs before elder one outgrows.

I've been able to use two Car Seat in adjacent positions in BMW. That was very helpful on long road trips with one front facing, one backward so one adult can seat in back for sometime for feeding or other things.

Thanks. I looked into sheet comparing Touring vs Pure. I'm hoping Lucid provide detailed spec after Nov 15th event. I'm not doubting the contents but manufacture has to provided these things as official document to remove any grey area.

One thing that stood out was "Rain Sensing Wiper". Why would they remove it in Pure. I've not used "Heated" wipers so no knowledge of that directly but rain sensing is also very common. These cars are gadgets so, at a minimum, Pure should have Rain Sensing, if not heated.

On a related note, I've not seen any discussion related to Car Seats. Obviously, I'm not asking if there is a latch in the car. ISOFIX has been standard even at lowest end car for last 5-6yrs. But, I'm trying to see if there has been any observations. I'll be fitting in 2 car seats at least for next 4-5yrs before elder one outgrows.

I've been able to use two Car Seat in adjacent positions in BMW. That was very helpful on long road trips with one front facing, one backward so one adult can seat in back for sometime for feeding or other things.

20211114_132235.jpg

Back