• NOTICE (May 14 - 11:00 PM - 1:00 AM ET)

LucidOwners.com server will be down for maintenance during this scheduled time.
    Please note there will be a period of time when the forum is unaccessible. Thank you for your patience and understanding.

Features Confirmation

My goodness, how do you keep the seats and carpet clean with kids that size? Spills, crumbs, wrappers, toys, muddy feet ....
Who said they were clean? 🤣. Also, no eating and the only thing they can do is drink water in this car. My minivan is anything goes.

Stupid questions.
Is Collision avoidance stopping before collision with a stationary object, including another vehicle? ACC as part of DD includes collision avoidance?

Car seat thoughts:

I was using a rear facing convertible seat (chicco nextfit zip) on the passenger side for our toddler. For whatever reason, that ended up not working well, generally had a hard time maneuvering kiddo into seat without bumping his head against the glass roof (ouch!). I think this issue might be specific to the specific car I was using since I think it has taller sides than others reducing clearance for egress. In the end, I got a rotating seat (Evenflo 360) which works great. Rotating car seats make life so much easier (at least if you have kids riding rear facing), would definitely recommend it for anyone/any car.

Also one minor quirk of the Lucid: The top tether ISOFIX/LATCH anchor has a flip up cover that under certain conditions can get caught in the car's rear sunshade. The owner's manual does warn you about this, probably not the end of the world if it did happen, but best to be careful about it to avoid any issues with the sunshade.

So, I visited Short Hills earlier this week. Got to drive Red GT. I've not driven any other EV in the past so experience was a bit mix. I didn't feel any "wow" factor overall. I'm not a "car guy" so it could be just me. Also, my experience with exotic cars is zero. Car does look very beautiful in person and has luxry touch.

Car was still on 1.2 version so many features may still be limited in functionality.

Anyway, these are some of my observations (mostly using BMW as baseline)
  1. Regen brake drag was too much for me to get used in 30min of drive. "Smooth" mode was not fun at all. I had to switch to "sprint" which felt like driving a decent car. "Sprint" mode still felt underwhelming compared to "Sports" mode that I drive on BMW.
  2. 360 view works only to 15mph. My BMW works upto 25mph. I'd expected better than 25mp from Lucid. Hopefully, software update.
  3. 360 view didn't kick when parking between two cars until it identifies wall within 4ft. I'd expected 360 to kick based on left/right proximity of any large object (cars in this case). Something I'm pretty much used to of.
  4. 360 did work better with turn signal as camera did light up.
  5. Autohold feature is superior.
  6. ACC was not available in the car (Or, activated) but I was told it will not pick-up from zero automatically, I'll have to touch accelerator. This is just unnecessary. I hope this is fixed in UX2.0
  7. Car didn't detect perpendicular parking, it attempted parallel (self parking mode). Had to cancel it.
  8. Noticed quite a few miss on speed limit detection. Not really a big deal but still.
  9. Right mirror doesn't have auto-tilt. Not sure how common is this but I do like this feature in BMWs. 360 can easily compensate but that requires press of button. Tilt in BMW works automatically in reverse mode, no user intervention.
  10. Heated Steering/Seat started kicking in 30-45 sec. Something in-line with my expectations.
  11. Didn't feel impressed with 21 speaker of sounds systems. Harmon Kardon I've is also 21 speaker set, much better. I'll give the benefit of the doubt that one can adjust it to taste.

So, I visited Short Hills earlier this week. Got to drive Red GT. I've not driven any other EV in the past so experience was a bit mix. I didn't feel any "wow" factor overall. I'm not a "car guy" so it could be just me. Also, my experience with exotic cars is zero. Car does look very beautiful in person and has luxry touch.

Car was still on 1.2 version so many features may still be limited in functionality.

Anyway, these are some of my observations (mostly using BMW as baseline)
  1. Regen brake drag was too much for me to get used in 30min of drive. "Smooth" mode was not fun at all. I had to switch to "sprint" which felt like driving a decent car. "Sprint" mode still felt underwhelming compared to "Sports" mode that I drive on BMW.
  2. 360 view works only to 15mph. My BMW works upto 25mph. I'd expected better than 25mp from Lucid. Hopefully, software update.
  3. 360 view didn't kick when parking between two cars until it identifies wall within 4ft. I'd expected 360 to kick based on left/right proximity of any large object (cars in this case). Something I'm pretty much used to of.
  4. 360 did work better with turn signal as camera did light up.
  5. Autohold feature is superior.
  6. ACC was not available in the car (Or, activated) but I was told it will not pick-up from zero automatically, I'll have to touch accelerator. This is just unnecessary. I hope this is fixed in UX2.0
  7. Car didn't detect perpendicular parking, it attempted parallel (self parking mode). Had to cancel it.
  8. Noticed quite a few miss on speed limit detection. Not really a big deal but still.
  9. Right mirror doesn't have auto-tilt. Not sure how common is this but I do like this feature in BMWs. 360 can easily compensate but that requires press of button. Tilt in BMW works automatically in reverse mode, no user intervention.
  10. Heated Steering/Seat started kicking in 30-45 sec. Something in-line with my expectations.
  11. Didn't feel impressed with 21 speaker of sounds systems. Harmon Kardon I've is also 21 speaker set, much better. I'll give the benefit of the doubt that one can adjust it to taste.
Short Hills Zenith Red GT test drive car.

Attachments

• 20220604_114555.jpg
    20220604_114555.jpg
    2.7 MB · Views: 80
Back