Supporting Member
Cars
Dream P
DE Number
Referral Code
R0YBCKIJ
Tread lightly as none of this has been vetted...from
AMP-1 Updates
Hello everyone, I made a post about a month ago letting people know what’s been happening at AMP-1 and just decided to give another quick update.

• We were SHUT DOWN April 27th - May 4th due to the parts warehouse in Tempe getting shut down by OSHA. So for 5 work days no cars were being produced. Many workers were left in the dust about anything and since we didn’t get paid, many workers are talking about Unionizing and having a company wide walkout sometime this month.

• A friend of mine in paint confirmed a Blue Sapphire color car will be coming sometime. They’re currently Beta Testing it.

• Lucid Air Pures are still in Beta, we have a lot of bodies laying around as scrap. Full production of the Pures is expected to start in September. I see people asking when to expect them, they WILL NOT get to you by the end of the year. Probably January or February.

• 2nd shift launch has been a shitstorm. They’ve moved their shift now 530pm - 4am and are paying everyone 10 hours OT which is good but not good for profits.

• Every car in GA has a number on the license plate area indicating what number of car it is. We’re at around 1650 currently, and that’s including 500 from last year which we didn’t even meet the goal on. So this year out of 15k cars we’ve done about 1150.

• HR is having trouble finding workers as Lucid is still requiring the COVID vaccine for employment, also, the nearby jobs in Casa Grande are paying way more than Lucid. Tractor Supply which is right next door is starting at $19/hour, Walmart $23/hour, Hexcel $22/hour. And all of those places are NOT requiring a COVID shot. Casa grande (Arizona in general) is a very anti Shot, anti COVID area.

• There’s a very big belief around the building that Apple is going to buy the company.

Interesting. I kind of thought the Pure was not finalized. Sad to hear about the wage concerns. I think it unlikely that Apple would buy Lucid.

That's a lot to digest, I'm intrigued by the thought of Apple buying Lucid.

Tread lightly as none of this has been vetted...from
AMP-1 Updates
Hello everyone, I made a post about a month ago letting people know what’s been happening at AMP-1 and just decided to give another quick update.

• We were SHUT DOWN April 27th - May 4th due to the parts warehouse in Tempe getting shut down by OSHA. So for 5 work days no cars were being produced. Many workers were left in the dust about anything and since we didn’t get paid, many workers are talking about Unionizing and having a company wide walkout sometime this month.

• A friend of mine in paint confirmed a Blue Sapphire color car will be coming sometime. They’re currently Beta Testing it.

• Lucid Air Pures are still in Beta, we have a lot of bodies laying around as scrap. Full production of the Pures is expected to start in September. I see people asking when to expect them, they WILL NOT get to you by the end of the year. Probably January or February.

• 2nd shift launch has been a shitstorm. They’ve moved their shift now 530pm - 4am and are paying everyone 10 hours OT which is good but not good for profits.

• Every car in GA has a number on the license plate area indicating what number of car it is. We’re at around 1650 currently, and that’s including 500 from last year which we didn’t even meet the goal on. So this year out of 15k cars we’ve done about 1150.

• HR is having trouble finding workers as Lucid is still requiring the COVID vaccine for employment, also, the nearby jobs in Casa Grande are paying way more than Lucid. Tractor Supply which is right next door is starting at $19/hour, Walmart $23/hour, Hexcel $22/hour. And all of those places are NOT requiring a COVID shot. Casa grande (Arizona in general) is a very anti Shot, anti COVID area.

• There’s a very big belief around the building that Apple is going to buy the company.

Attachments

• C7BFBCC5-4CFD-4034-98D1-0AE6999656C2.jpeg
    C7BFBCC5-4CFD-4034-98D1-0AE6999656C2.jpeg
    2 MB · Views: 183
I would love to see a blue like this.

Interesting……. I don’t think it takes a rocket scientist to figure out they’ve got problems but every company is having problems as of late when it comes to hiring etc. The auto industry globally is a hot mess also so it’s not just Lucid making screw ups.

The Apple thing is ridiculous, it’s been a rumor for months about the Lucid being the Apple Car and now that’s died down it’s “Apple is buying the company”

After hearing last weeks earnings call I’m becoming more concerned if Peter is the right person to be running the company. He was fumbling around and just rambling at times where it came across that he may be a little out of touch. The guy is certainly passionate, qualified and knowledgeable on engineering but maybe he’s not the best fit to run a startup.

I was betting on Peter in the early days but now I’m on the fence.

So Apple buys out Saudi PIF and a company with labor problems that may try to unionize? Yeah that doesn’t sound like anything Apple would do, but this all sounds like rumors of rumors from YouTube loonies to me, maybe was written by Warren Redlich?

Interesting and agrees with my car taking an extremely long time ‘in production’ after the VIN was issued.

They did mention on the earnings call that the factory shut down in April.

I absolutely don’t see Apple buying Lucid. Unless they just want their battery / motor tech. Nothing else would appeal to Apple at this point. Certainly not the software.

All the rumors of Apple buying Lucid seem to forget Apple almost never buys a company and then just lets it release its planned products. (With the exception of maybe Beats.) They shut the company down, take the IP they want, and incorporate it into their own pipeline. Apple buying Lucid, in other words, means no more Lucid. The Saudis won’t let that happen, anyway.

And not to get political, but I’m sort of glad if they are actually requiring vaccination. Not enough companies are doing that, as far as I’m concerned. If it hurts production, so be it. It’s the right thing to do.

Interesting post but we need to take it with a strong dash of salt until each item stated is vetted. With social media, such as this forum, it is so easy to start rumors and then have those rumors take a life of their own. It would be nice if someone within Lucid management responded but that is not going to happen. Given the current stock value situation, I find the timing of this post questionable.

Interesting post but we need to take it with a strong dash of salt until each item stated is vetted. With social media, such as this forum, it is so easy to start rumors and then have those rumors take a life of their own. It would be nice if someone within Lucid management responded but that is not going to happen. Given the current stock value situation, I find the timing of this post questionable.
Agreed!

I can find no record of OSHA violations in Tempe. Checked the OSHA website.
Ditto, was the first thing I fact checked and then was like...🤨🧐🤔

Do you know that the OSHA reports suggested by this post would show up on their site if true, and whether it would happen in a timely manner? This kind of claim can have such an impact on a public company & needs clear verification.

And not to get political, but I’m sort of glad if they are actually requiring vaccination. Not enough companies are doing that, as far as I’m concerned. If it hurts production, so be it. It’s the right thing to do.
It’s not political and in a reasonable country would have never allowed to be political. It’s good employment/business sense to require vaccination, and is why children are already required to have a slew of vaccinations for school. It’s so that if you get sick you’re not out sick for nearly as long, and are less likely to infect your co-workers and knock them out of the already depleted work force for days to weeks also, not to mention hopefully reducing spread of a public health nightmare that affects everyone. I work in healthcare and saw the benefits of vaccine mandates by employers first hand. And for the very few co-workers I had who resisted, well I’m glad they lost their job, because their “thoughts” on this topic were literally spreading a deadly disease and making my job infinitely more difficult. The rule is akin to not smoking on an airplane, and I respect Lucid if they do indeed have a vaccination requirement.

Now if they can just perfect their manufacturing process so I can get my damn car back from service and go for a drive and forget politics and the idiocy of the world for an hour and enjoy the comfortable controlled and yes socially responsible speed machine they’ve made, I’ll be a happy camper.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back