rear door sunshade raising only halfway

dkmwp

Verified Owner
We had one of our door handles get stuck and making loud clicking noises when it tries to open. Mobile service fixed it today. They also did some quality checks and found soft close not working correctly on one of our doors and fixed that. The rear door window sunshades were also flagged for not coming up all the way with one press. Both sides come up half-way with one press, and then all the way up with a second press. They are coming back in about a week with the parts to fix the sunshades.

If the tech had not told me that it was an issue, I would have though the half-way up is a feature and not a bug. Maybe it is a feature and even the tech is confused about it? Anyone else have the same issue with the shade not going all the way up?

We have a service center here in Seattle, so this is my first experience with mobile service. Pretty happy with the work and service provided by the mobile tech.

We had one of our door handles get stuck and making loud clicking noises when it tries to open. Mobile service fixed it today. They also did some quality checks and found soft close not working correctly on one of our doors and fixed that. The rear door window sunshades were also flagged for not coming up all the way with one press. Both sides come up half-way with one press, and then all the way up with a second press. They are coming back in about a week with the parts to fix the sunshades.

If the tech had not told me that it was an issue, I would have though the half-way up is a feature and not a bug. Maybe it is a feature and even the tech is confused about it? Anyone else have the same issue with the shade not going all the way up?

We have a service center here in Seattle, so this is my first experience with mobile service. Pretty happy with the work and service provided by the mobile tech.
Should go up all the way or all the way down with 1 press/pull

my car is going in for service for the same issue. One of the sunshades is not going all the way up. It should be all the way up or all the way down. There is no in between

My thinking is that the motor detects some blockage, then stops. When you press it again, maybe it “forcefully” goes up even though there is a blockage? I know some garage scanners/openers have systems similar to this..

Back