Factory Rumors...

Status
Not open for further replies.
There is no EFFIn way this is true.

Lol human rights violations...not in this day in age

It's all in interpretation and perception. I can see having set breaks where you have the ability to go to the restroom and get some water. I can see someone using the "basic human rights" line if they wanted to do the same outside of their set break times and told "no". I also would expect that they were told up front that is what it would be like as they have a moving line going and can't afford to have employees come and go at their own schedule. I also expect they knew exactly what the job entailed and what the rate of pay was/is. Now that they are on the job and have peer power, they want to change the terms. It always irks me when employees want to unionize and change their terms when they took the job knowing full well what the terms were.

Googles how to become a Saudi Prince…

(I totally want a green Air.)

What bothers me about this post is that it is not the first one I have seen which complains about the work conditions. I believe I have seen at least three such posts dealing with similar issues. I wish we could see some posts regarding positive issues about working there. Now, we just may be getting posts from a few current or former disgruntled employees or from someone outside the company trying to stir the pot but...
I am not sure what to believe and will start researching various news feeds to see if some sort of flavor can be picked up. If anyone has any further insights or direct knowledge of work conditions, general workers' morale, worker/management issues at this or the battery plant, I would appreciate hearing more.

Apple had a chance to buy Tesla during 2018 timeframe but they choose not to, so I doubt they will buy Lucid now unless their R&D is failing to design a better car.

It wouldn't surprise me if this post is utter nonsense. It also wouldn't surprise me if this is a real person who works at Lucid venting. Car factories are not fun places to work. And as frustrated as we are waiting for our cars, I can't imagine how much pandemonium is going on at Casa Grande. All the pressure Wall Street and customers put on executives is bound to get bounced right down to the workers who actually build these things. Sucks, but unfortunately this is typical.

If they are moving towards forming a union, best of luck to them. That is their right. I imagine Lucid will fight it pretty hard, just as Tesla has. We'll see where that goes.

The speculation bits are marked as such. The 5k deliveries, and so on. Take with a grain of salt.

I do find it odd in the middle of a rant he bothers to mention things like the green car (arguably part of the rant), the Pure beta, the tri- motor. Like he wants to give us some good news to go along with all the crap for some reason. Maybe to legitimize himself to Lucid fans?

The guy seems legit. Great way to lose your job slagging off your employer on Social Media

Dear Lucid factory Karen,
I am praying for you during this difficult time.

The guy seems legit. Great way to lose your job slagging off your employer on Social Media
Did he post something on FB, I don't see it? Does the cat photo give it away?

What bothers me about this post is that it is not the first one I have seen which complains about the work conditions.
Ideally we'd compare to other car manufacturers, normalized of course by the numbers of workers.

Reactions: DJL
There is also a skeletal LinkedIn profile. All I see is this person asserting they work at Lucid.

Easy to imagine this is trolling on behalf of an unscrupulous short seller, but impossible to prove without inside information.

No, the Reddit username is traceable back to his Facebook profile which says he’s employed at Lucid. If you’re going to rat your employer out like that at least make sure it’s not traceable back to you 😂

There is also a skeletal LinkedIn profile. All I see is this person asserting they work at Lucid.

Easy to imagine this is trolling on behalf of an unscrupulous short seller, but impossible to prove without inside information.
Facebook profile is 11 years old though so hasn’t just been spun up.

Facebook profile is 11 years old though so hasn’t just been spun up.
Anyone can buy a Facebook account of that vintage for $15 online. I won't post a link - these services are easy enough to find via Google. There seems to be a real market for this sort of thing.

It takes no effort to set your work experience on Facebook to whatever you want. Zero of his friends work at Lucid. This does not wreak of legitimacy.

If the earnings call information was that they are on track for 12k-14k cars, but internally they think it's actually 5k, is there some consequence from the SEC for being dishonest? If I remember correctly, a few posters here are knowledgeable about that sort of thing (and I am not).

It takes no effort to set your work experience on Facebook to whatever you want. Zero of his friends work at Lucid. This does not wreak of legitimacy.
He lives in Casa Mesa area, Arizona with a background in precision metal working. I am incline to believe he works for Lucid. Whether everything he says is true is another discussion.

If the earnings call information was that they are on track for 12k-14k cars, but internally they think it's actually 5k, is there some consequence from the SEC for being dishonest? If I remember correctly, a few posters here are knowledgeable about that sort of thing (and I am not).
If it was that drastic they would need to file an adjustment with the SEC.

Reactions: DJL
Depends on who he got that number from And the confidence level of those closer to the top. If upper management in Newark believe they can make those numbers, then they are fine. Just because some middle manager has a different opinion, it does not necessarily rise to the level of disclosure. Once it become apparent and likely, they will need to revise guidance.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back