Factory Rumors...

Status
Not open for further replies.
It could mean anything. The proof in the pudding will be if there is a strike this month or next. I found nothing relivant, outside of a dead person being found in their parking lot in the local news. His death was determined to be natural, which is odd. From watching the drone videos that Bear's Workshop puts out three times a week, it certainly looks that cars are being produced and cars are being shipped out more than ever before. Hope the trend continues....

From watching the drone videos that Bear's Workshop puts out three times a week, it certainly looks that cars are being produced and cars are being shipped out more than ever before. Hope the trend continues....
The drone videos seem to show a slowdown or stoppage. The cars that have been waiting for transport have almost all left and there are no cars taking their place. It is also evidence that my car is currently still “in production” 16 days (and counting) after receiving a VIN. That is about twice as long than it should take. Some forum members who were expecting delivery have indicated that the cars which had recently left the plant have panel alignment issues and they are being delayed in the service centers to fix the problems. Taking all those pieces of information together, it would indicate that something’s is obviously wrong in the plant at this point in time.

Haha their opinion only counts if it’s a negative post on a Reddit thread. What were you needing a service visit for?
My front turn signal light was only working intermittently . They replaced the wiring harness. The left window sunscreen was not working properly. In that case, they replaced the motor. All minor issues in my humble opinion. We have a Ford pickup that has had no fewer than 10 safety recalls in 5 years. So comparatively speaking, I find these matters a nit. I love this car!

The drone videos seem to show a slowdown or stoppage. The cars that have been waiting for transport have almost all left and there are no cars taking their place. It is also evidence that my car is currently still “in production” 16 days (and counting) after receiving a VIN. That is about twice as long than it should take. Some forum members who were expecting delivery have indicated that the cars which had recently left the plant have panel alignment issues and they are being delayed in the service centers to fix the problems. Taking all those pieces of information together, it would indicate that something’s is obviously wrong in the plant at this point in time.
So sorry to hear the delay of your car. A number of things could be causing that such as not passing their QA inspection and having to replace or address something. I am afraid that I disagree with your assessment of cars on the lot. While a lot of white wrapped cars have moved off of the lot this last week, and there are not many new cars being wrapped and sited there, there are lots of new cars staged in a couple areas that were not there before. While a cursory view might show that the cars are not moving, a more detailed look shows that those cars are being moved as more are being produced. The key to look at in the last few videos are the white cars in the staging area close to the production building. You will see that many of the white cars have moved to another staging area and or are gone between May 9th and 11th. Rows with dark (black with maybe a couple of red) and white cars are being replaced with rows of just dark cars. This indicates to me that they are moving cars out as more are being produced All of the staging areas are much more active regarding the movement of car as compared to the April videos. Lucud still has a long ways to go to make production estimates but I am greatly encouraged by what is see. Hang in there! I am envius of your position. You are so much closer to getting your car then I am.

So sorry to hear the delay of your car. A number of things could be causing that such as not passing their QA inspection and having to replace or address something. I am afraid that I disagree with your assessment of cars on the lot. While a lot of white wrapped cars have moved off of the lot this last week, and there are not many new cars being wrapped and sited there, there are lots of new cars staged in a couple areas that were not there before. While a cursory view might show that the cars are not moving, a more detailed look shows that those cars are being moved as more are being produced. The key to look at in the last few videos are the white cars in the staging area close to the production building. You will see that many of the white cars have moved to another staging area and or are gone between May 9th and 11th. Rows with dark (black with maybe a couple of red) and white cars are being replaced with rows of just dark cars. This indicates to me that they are moving cars out as more are being produced All of the staging areas are much more active regarding the movement of car as compared to the April videos. Lucud still has a long ways to go to make production estimates but I am greatly encouraged by what is see. Hang in there! I am envius of your position. You are so much closer to getting your car then I am.
I will disagree on the car numbers. There are fewer total cars every time Bear does a flyover. There are a few more unwrapped cars in the staging area but that increase is paltry compared to the number of finished cars that have left. The cars in the staging area are there likely because they are either missing parts or need to go back and be reworked. In either case, it is a factory issue. Cars are not getting finished and the timelines between VIN and delivery are increasing. Since I and others in the forum can directly attest to that fact, again, it indicates some sort of problem at the factory. Production and delivery has slowed not increased.

Reviving a dormant thread. A colleague of mine recently relocated to Phoenix AZ is trying to tell me that the Lucid factory out in Casa Grande was shut down, and all the workers made redundant. That can’t be true, can it?

Supposedly the factory closure has created a lot of animus amongst Arizona residents. Again, I find this hard to believe.

Reviving a dormant thread. A colleague of mine recently relocated to Phoenix AZ is trying to tell me that the Lucid factory out in Casa Grande was shut down, and all the workers made redundant. That can’t be true, can it?

Supposedly the factory closure has created a lot of animus amongst Arizona residents. Again, I find this hard to believe.
I feel like this would be a huge story and could not be hidden if true. We would see the news plastered all over the place.

I feel like this would be a huge story and could not be hidden if true. We would see the news plastered all over the place.
Agreed

I’m in Phoenix and haven’t heard anything.
We have an Az mod and a few local owners on the forum. Many ears on the ground and they would have posted something.

Last edited:
I’m in Phoenix and haven’t heard anything.
We have an Az mod and a few local owners on the forum. Many ears on the ground and they would have posted something.
Agreed. So, let's just shut this down.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back