Factory Rumors...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Depends on who he got that number from And the confidence level of those closer to the top. If upper management in Newark believe they can make those numbers, then they are fine. Just because some middle manager has a different opinion, it does not necessarily rise to the level of disclosure. Once it become apparent and likely, they will need to revise guidance.

So basically having delusional upper management that promises grand schemes and doesn’t deliver gets off free bc they honestly believed they could do it? Even though all their engineers and anyone who knew anything about the industry said it still had a long ways to go?

Sorry just had to throw that in there.

So basically having delusional upper management that promises grand schemes and doesn’t deliver gets off free bc they honestly believed they could do it? Even though all their engineers and anyone who knew anything about the industry said it still had a long ways to go?

Wasn’t/Isn’t that Tesla’s very successful business model?

Personally, I think anyone who thought a new car company could generate the originally predicted numbers is smoking something. Add in a pandemic and he is ingesting it too. I fully expected glitches and gremlins and that is why I reserved a Pure...I figure by 2024 they will have figured most of it out.

I’m not sure what all this is about. Either

A) Lucid is going to crash and burn and go out business costing everyone billions, and I’m stuck with a car I love but may not be easily fixed/supported when needed

B) they’re going to get close to succeeding with their plans but will encounter obstacles and setbacks due to being newer at this combined with a hostile environment and supply chain hell, but still have made a killer but imperfect car worthy of accolades

C) they get bought by somebody and early investors make out like bandits and I’m stuck with a car I love but may not be easily fixed/supported when needed.

B seems way more realistic than A or C to me regardless of what Reddit/Facebook posts by employees say.

A) Lucid is going to crash and burn and go out business costing everyone billions, and I’m stuck with a car I love but may not be easily fixed/supported when needed

B) they’re going to get close to succeeding with their plans but will encounter obstacles and setbacks due to being newer at this combined with a hostile environment and supply chain hell, but still have made a killer but imperfect car worthy of accolades

C) they get bought by somebody and early investors make out like bandits and I’m stuck with a car I love but may not be easily fixed/supported when needed.

B seems way more realistic than A or C to me regardless of what Reddit/Facebook posts by employees say.
I’m with B as well. It’s going to be a bit of a bumpy road but hopefully they succeed. Everyone was praising Rivian and saying Lucid? Who’s Lucid. At this point in time Rivian has taken a serious beating compared to Lucid.

I’m with B as well. It’s going to be a bit of a bumpy road but hopefully they succeed. Everyone was praising Rivian and saying Lucid? Who’s Lucid. At this point in time Rivian has taken a serious beating compared to Lucid.
I have a Rivian on order and am also an IPO holder. As much as it pains me, Rivian is getting exactly what is deserves. My delivery went from February of 2022 pre IPO to sometime in 2023 after the IPO. The delivery windows were total fraud to pump the stock price.

Lucid on the other hand is experiencing set backs, but nothing close to actual fraud in my opinion.

I feel like there is a lot of room for minor players in the auto industry. Alfa Romeo and fiat are still clicking. They just have a niche. Lucid may not be dominant like Tesla. But I don’t think they will go out of business anytime soon either. Too many rich people (with a lot of money left to spend) have too much invested to give up and let it go under.

Tesla nearly went bankrupt as my Model 3 was being built in 2018. This was fifteen years after the company was formed, and during production of the fourth model of car they built in volume. Nearly anything can happen to a company, at any time.

I feel like there is a lot of room for minor players in the auto industry. Alfa Romeo and fiat are still clicking. They just have a niche. Lucid may not be dominant like Tesla. But I don’t think they will go out of business anytime soon either. Too many rich people (with a lot of money left to spend) have too much invested to give up and let it go under.
I think lucid will probably survive as long as they are able to ramp up production and are at about an 18,000-20,000 annual run rate by end of year. As a shareholder the 62% Saudi Govt stake is both a benefit and concern. They want to keep Lucid going and will pump money in if needed. On the other side, a lot of what they might do would lead to shareholder dilution, they have majority control so may force decisions that might not be in best interest of American investors (a new plant in Saudi…what sort of auto supply chain exists there), and could just decide to take the company private on a whim.

Rivian will also survive until 2025 as that’s how long their cash on hand will last. If they are producing in real volume with their new cheaper model underway at that point, and are not losing $ on every vehicle they will go on. If not…. Who knows

Wasn’t/Isn’t that Tesla’s very successful business model?
To be fair Tesla’s predictions of future production volumes turned out to be eerily accurate 5 or 6+ years out (they were ridiculed at the time they made them as impossible). It’s just everything else (model release dates, Robotaxis, now robots) that was not accurate

To be fair Tesla’s predictions of future production volumes turned out to be eerily accurate 5 or 6+ years out (they were ridiculed at the time they made them as impossible). It’s just everything else (model release dates, Robotaxis, now robots) that was not accurate
I don’t remember Tesla delivering on any promises. There was always some production excuse. But that’s my memory. I could be wrong

Last edited:

Lucid has a remarkable management team. They created and are now producing a remarkable product. They have a very strong financing partner who is not only supporting with present day funding but also with a huge contract to purchase at least 50,000 cars with an option of going to 100.000 cars, all at fair market value. Lucid will not go away simply due to first year production problems and learning how to manage people and realizing that it is this people who will push you over your production goals. Plus, they are aggressively building their expansion facility at the Casa Grande location and have another aggressive schedule to built a huge plant in Saudi Arabia. While their stock now is hitting all time lows, much of that is due to people running away from the tech sector and large growth sector because it smells like a recession is coming. Actually, I believe the numbers will eventually show sometime in the future that we are actually now in the starting phase of the recession. Gas and food prices are killing those who are living check to check. Times have become very, very tough for much of our population.
For those of you who have the funds to buy a Lucid, if you can, now is the time to buy Lucid stock, sit back, smoke a nice Cuban and wait for this recession to pass and then pat yourself on the back being so clever!

ru·mor
/ˈro͞omər/
noun
This thread is a major distraction.

Lucid has a remarkable management team. They created and are now producing a remarkable product. They have a very strong financing partner who is not only supporting with present day funding but also with a huge contract to purchase at least 50,000 cars with an option of going to 100.000 cars, all at fair market value. Lucid will not go away simply due to first year production problems and learning how to manage people and realizing that it is this people who will push you over your production goals. Plus, they are aggressively building their expansion facility at the Casa Grande location and have another aggressive schedule to built a huge plant in Saudi Arabia. While their stock now is hitting all time lows, much of that is due to people running away from the tech sector and large growth sector because it smells like a recession is coming. Actually, I believe the numbers will eventually show sometime in the future that we are actually now in the starting phase of the recession. Gas and food prices are killing those who are living check to check. Times have become very, very tough for much of our population.
For those of you who have the funds to buy a Lucid, if you can, now is the time to buy Lucid stock, sit back, smoke a nice Cuban and wait for this recession to pass and then pat yourself on the back being so clever!
Is this going to be like those people who said "If I had taken the money I spent on the DE and invested it into the stock...."

I don’t remember Tesla delivering on any promises. There was always some production excuse. But that’s my memory. I could be wrong
In 2015 when they were producing maybe 25,000 model S per year and had just started building the Model X they said they would be at 500,000 per year in 2020. They were absolutely ridiculed in Wall Street and the legacy auto companies just ignored them. The ended up delivering 499,550. From that point they guided average 50% growth per year which at least for last year and this year they will easily exceed. They really lagged on getting the Model 3 underway (the “production hell” that Lucid said they would avoid) but on the other hand they surprisingly started Model Y production months early. All of the robotaxi “next year” stuff has become a running joke.

Of course none of this future production numbers (for Tesla, Lucid, Rivian or anyone else) is “promises”… it is always “targets” or “guidance” and if you ever read the fine print in earnings reports there is a disclaimer for everything!

If the earnings call information was that they are on track for 12k-14k cars, but internally they think it's actually 5k, is there some consequence from the SEC for being dishonest? If I remember correctly, a few posters here are knowledgeable about that sort of thing (and I am not).
Yes, there are consequences to misleading the public with inforamtion that is known or should have been known to be misleading. It is never a good idea to get in the cross haris of the SEC and the consequences can be severe, including inability to ever have a leadership role at a public company.

On a side note, the service technician was at my home today, along with his colleague from the Austin area, and both are very pleased with their role and the Company. One formerly worked for Lexus and the other for Tesla. Neither have regrets and believe the pay is competitive with market conditions, at least for their positions. They are both of the view that the Company will deliver approx 10-12K vehicles this year, of course, subject to parts availability (like all other manufactuers!).

On a side note, the service technician was at my home today, along with his colleague from the Austin area, and both are very pleased with their role and the Company. One formerly worked for Lexus and the other for Tesla. Neither have regrets and believe the pay is competitive with market conditions, at least for their positions. They are both of the view that the Company will deliver approx 10-12K vehicles this year, of course, subject to parts availability (like all other manufactuers!).
Haha their opinion only counts if it’s a negative post on a Reddit thread. What were you needing a service visit for?

He lives in Casa Mesa area, Arizona with a background in precision metal working. I am incline to believe he works for Lucid. Whether everything he says is true is another discussion.
“He” is likely a bought fb account for $10 whose credentials were stolen. I would bet hundreds of dollars this is a short seller. Maybe I’m wrong, but it is trivial to do this sort of thing.

“He” is likely a bought fb account for $10 whose credentials were stolen. I would bet hundreds of dollars this is a short seller. Maybe I’m wrong, but it is trivial to do this sort of thing.
It appears the Reddit account has been deleted? Maybe it’s a real employee who realized he just signed his own termination.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back