Factory Rumors...

Status
Not open for further replies.
I really do not care what the reason is for them not getting workers; pay rate, vaccination status, hours, etc. The reality is that management has to find a way to fix it in Casa Grande if it is really an issue. They cannot just pickup and move. It was management's decision to locate at that location and now it is their issue to manage, the good and the bad.

I cannot say what in that post was accurate or inaccurate, but it sure does coincide with the status of my car and various delays. OSHA actions are not always documented. It would not be unheard of for them to issue a warning (written or verbal) and tell them what they would like to see happen (i.e. fix x, y and z and let us come back to verify before you reopen). We had that happen in a manufacturing plant, but it was so minor that we only closed one small section of the plant for a couple hours. So, don't think just because you can't find it on the internet, it did not happen. We don't know one way or another.

As for the vaccination business (and I am vaccinated to the extent allowed), remember, we are now all part of the largest clinical trial ever undertaken.

I really do not care what the reason is for them not getting workers; pay rate, vaccination status, hours, etc. The reality is that management has to find a way to fix it in Casa Grande if it is really an issue. They cannot just pickup and move. It was management's decision to locate at that location and now it is their issue to manage, the good and the bad.

I cannot say what in that post was accurate or inaccurate, but it sure does coincide with the status of my car and various delays. OSHA actions are not always documented. It would not be unheard of for them to issue a warning (written or verbal) and tell them what they would like to see happen (i.e. fix x, y and z and let us come back to verify before you reopen). We had that happen in a manufacturing plant, but it was so minor that we only closed one small section of the plant for a couple hours. So, don't think just because you can't find it on the internet, it did not happen. We don't know one way or anowoukd ther.

As for the vaccination business (and I am vaccinated to the extent allowed), remember, we are now all part of the largest clinical trial ever undertaken.
Would a small infraction cause a warehouse to be shutdown for a week?

Depends on what you have to fix to make it right. It could be something like placement of steel racks and safety guards so that forklifts don't hit the rack. Very simple thing to identify, maybe not so easy to rectify. Relatively small thing. For us, it was easy. We had the room to move the small number of racks impacted instead of removing the guards and relocating them. We had to unload the racks, move them, secure them and get approval. If this had happened in another part of the warehouse or if the rack spacing was off in between racks, we would have been down much longer and had to have a contractor do the work.

Oh, and I think we were only moving the racks a few inches.

Last edited:

More likely than a merger......
Hmmm- I would think Lucid would need to be able to prove they can produce in volume first. At the moment I can see their engineering and IP has a lot of value… their manufacturing prowess not so much!

Tread lightly as none of this has been vetted...from
• Every car in GA has a number on the license plate area indicating what number of car it is. We’re at around 1650 currently, and that’s including 500 from last year which we didn’t even meet the goal on. So this year out of 15k cars we’ve done about 1150.

I would take those numbers with a grain of salt. Lucid said on Feb 28th they had produced “over 400” cars since start of production. I don’t think 500 built in 2021 is right.

Very true. Unvaccinated are the control arm of the trial, vaccinated are the treatment arm. The only benefit is that it was so contagious we had many points of data that you could only dream about having in a drug trial, which would take 10 years and not have as good data.
Do you know that the OSHA reports suggested by this post would show up on their site if true, and whether it would happen in a timely manner? This kind of claim can have such an impact on a public company & needs clear verification.
I don’t think I’ve ever seen a federal agency update anything on a website in such a quick timeframe, you’d probably see it 6 months later.

I would take those numbers with a grain of salt. Lucid said on Feb 28th they had produced “over 400” cars since start of production. I don’t think 500 built in 2021 is right.

In Q1 2022, Lucid said it delivered 360 cars to customers in Q4 alone, while producing 700 cars in that quarter. In Q4, it was 400. So that is 760 since March 31. So it might be right?

In Q1 2022, Lucid said it delivered 360 cars to customers in Q4 alone, while producing 700 cars in that quarter. In Q4, it was 400. So that is 760 since March 31. So it might be right?
360 deliveries (and 700 produced) was for Q1 2022, not Q4. 125 deliveries for Q4 2021. They never gave production numbers for Q4 2021 as far as I know, but did say as of Feb 28th they had produced more than 400 to date (ie Q4 2021+1st 2 months Q1 2022). Would question accuracy of the Reddit post claiming 500 were built in 2021 alone since that is not consistent with what Lucid has said.

Very true. Unvaccinated are the control arm of the trial, vaccinated are the treatment arm. The only benefit is that it was so contagious we had many points of data that you could only dream about having in a drug trial, which would take 10 years and not have as good data.
Mod’s, let’s take this vaccination off topic. It’s more of a shot rather than a vaccination. A vaccination would be protective like mumps, measles, chicken pox, even tetanus, which is good for 10 years. This is a shot, like the flu shot, which at best, protects for a couple of months on a specific strain. There are a multitude of rapidly mutating influenza, rhino and coronaviruses that cause what we call flu or a cold. If a company wants to force its employees to have a flu or other shots that prevent common colds. it is up to them. Just realize that it limits your candidate pool for positions.

I just want Lucid to build cars and am frustrated at both the lack of communication and the lack of progress. Right now my car is still in production hell. They pushed back dates and I only find out the real reasons during the conference calls - such as they shut down the plant for a week in April.

Mod’s, let’s take this vaccination off topic. It’s more of a shot rather than a vaccination. A vaccination would be protective like mumps, measles, chicken pox, even tetanus, which is good for 10 years. This is a shot, like the flu shot, which at best, protects for a couple of months on a specific strain. There are a multitude of rapidly mutating influenza, rhino and coronaviruses that cause what we call flu or a cold. If a company wants to force its employees to have a flu or other shots that prevent common colds. it is up to them. Just realize that it limits your candidate pool for positions.

I just want Lucid to build cars and am frustrated at both the lack of communication and the lack of progress. Right now my car is still in production hell. They pushed back dates and I only find out the real reasons during the conference calls - such as they shut down the plant for a week in April.
Yeah that’s fine with me, it is off topic except for the Reddit comments about it, I have no interest in going on about it, just venting and apologies for steering things into other discussion. All I care about on here is the car, leave all the other stuff at the door. I don’t think the reason they’re having issues is cuz of a vaccine requirement though, it’s not like they’d have grey paint sorted out or CarPlay implemented if only they were union or had no masks or no vaccines.

Yeah that’s fine with me, it is off topic except for the Reddit comments about it, I have no interest in going on about it, just venting and apologies for steering things into other discussion. All I care about on here is the car, leave all the other stuff at the door. I don’t think the reason they’re having issues is cuz of a vaccine requirement though, it’s not like they’d have grey paint sorted out or CarPlay implemented if only they were union or had no masks or no vaccines.
Yes. The Grey paint was an issue, but they have had further delays since then that have both pushed out VIN assignments and overall production time in the plant. I ask for reasons on the delays and the corporate speak is “every car has its own journey through production” blah, blah, blah,, yada, yada, yada…. I just want communication with the issues that are driving the delays (and informing me of the delays) for my car. A week shutdown woulld have been nice to know. “Add an extra week to the timeline because we had to shut the plant down for xyz reason” would have been nice, instead ”the car is progressing on its own journey”.

Yes, but I expect them to tell me what kind of journey my car is on, what bumps is it hitting, what detours it is encountering and just how much stop & go traffic is it stuck in. Just don't tell me "it is on its' own journey".

Is the current "journey" likely to take a week or six or ten?

Yes, but I expect them to tell me what kind of journey my car is on, what bumps is it hitting, what detours it is encountering and just how much stop & go traffic is it stuck in. Just don't tell me "it is on its' own journey".

My co-workers Audi S4 was on that ship that sank on its way to drop off its massive car shipment at our port here in Rhode Island. He was getting updates on where the car was via GPS until then…. Sad day for him but then the dealer found an identical one that financing fell through on for another customer so it was only a couple days of sadness.

A lot of this could be avoided if they just updated the order portal. It doesn't need to go into the nitty gritty but a simple timeline showing a status update of Ordered, Pre-Production, In Production, Completed, Awaiting Delivery, Awaiting Final Inspection etc with a little synopsis and expected timeline on each step could help alleviate the DA's getting spammed with multiple requests of "where is my car".

Anyone here watched ShowTime’s “Billions” ?

Hedge Fund managers often leak false news to get circulated so they can profit from shorting before spreading rumors.

Anyone here watched ShowTime’s “Billions” ?

Hedge Fund managers often leak false news to get circulated so they can profit from shorting before spreading rumors.

I read through the guy's Reddit posting history. He's for real, as some of his posts are... NSFW. I've no reason to doubt he works at Lucid. However, I doubt that all his info is correct. It's only one point of view and based on a limited window into the company. I wouldn't be surprised if a lot of it is true though, as there's no reason to think Lucid would avoid the production hell that Rivian has been experiencing.

I didn't realize the difference! A vaccination is for something that protects completely for more than a year and a shot is for something that I need more frequently, like annually. It's like the shot I get annually from my doc for the common cold. Good to know.

I'll ask my doc next year if he has access to the flu vaccine so that I don't have to get that every year. He only gives me the flu shot, probably so I have to see him every year for my physical. What a scam.

It’s not political and in a reasonable country would have never allowed to be political. It’s good employment/business sense to require vaccination, and is why children are already required to have a slew of vaccinations for school. It’s so that if you get sick you’re not out sick for nearly as long, and are less likely to infect your co-workers and knock them out of the already depleted work force for days to weeks also, not to mention hopefully reducing spread of a public health nightmare that affects everyone. I work in healthcare and saw the benefits of vaccine mandates by employers first hand. And for the very few co-workers I had who resisted, well I’m glad they lost their job, because their “thoughts” on this topic were literally spreading a deadly disease and making my job infinitely more difficult. The rule is akin to not smoking on an airplane, and I respect Lucid if they do indeed have a vaccination requirement.

Now if they can just perfect their manufacturing process so I can get my damn car back from service and go for a drive and forget politics and the idiocy of the world for an hour and enjoy the comfortable controlled and yes socially responsible speed machine they’ve made, I’ll be a happy camper.
I couldn't agree with you more!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back