EV Range Calculator

Plg

Verified Owner
Cars
Pure - Infinite Black
I created a new app for the iPhone that calculates the range of any EV according to efficiency and battery size. It is easy to use and available on the Apple Store free of charge.

https://apps.apple.com/us/app/evrc/id6478421298

Features:

EV Range Calculator for all EV cars and trucks. Perfect for trip planning and knowing when to unplug the charger and get back on the road. On the road you can quickly calculate what efficiency is needed to reach your destination. Adjusting to a lower speed improves your efficiency, and assures you that you will arrive without range anxiety. EVrc is simple to use and quickly will confirm any range estimate for stress-free EV driving.

Why not just use a better route planner. It has built in efficiency numbers for most EVs, allows you to plan your route, specify ending charge amount.....

Why not just use a better route planner. It has built in efficiency numbers for most EVs, allows you to plan your route, specify ending charge amount.....
I agree that ABRP is a great app, but my EVrc calculator is designed with simplicity in mind. It's a tool to help know when to unplug the charger and get back on the road. It also is a quick tool to confirm while on route, if you are meeting the requirement of reaching your destination. It also helps new EV drivers learn about battery consumption. It's a free tool that I created hoping it would be of value.
Simulator Screenshot - iPhone 15 Plus - 2024-03-18 at 12.21.29.png

Free app in the Apple Store
1711056764953.png

EVrc - EV Range Calculator

Version 1.4 is now on the Apple Store. Update has these new features:
* added range calculation based on kWh per 100 km or miles - on/off is in settings
* new up / down buttons for efficiency slider to make selection more precise

Now on the Apple Store version 1.6 - Free
99867.jpg
Features Include:
- Range calculation you adjust for your driving habits, conditions and speed
- Charging sessions details - logged and saved and available for viewing
- Calculates battery size automatically by using charging session details
- Map for locating nearby charging stations with details and directions

* In a charging session you only need to add this information using slider controls:
1. Starting Charge Percent
2. Ending Charge Percent
3. Price per kWh
4. Time charging (timer included in app)
* EVrc will calculate the other variables needed.
New in Version 1.6
Settings:

• Added Lock Battery Size in Settings to auto calculate the kWhs added in the Charging Session
Charging Sessions:
  • Added slider for time of Charge Session
  • Added average speed of charge in kWh
  • Added slider for kWh cost along with calculated total cost
  • Added timer to set when charging starts and ends
  • Added save button to save charging session data including GPS location
  • Added a View Charging History button to show past charging sessions
Map:
  • Added a Go to Map Button
  • Added a button to search for EC charging stations
Tapping on marker for selected EV Charging location
  • Added button to show details in Apple Maps
  • Added button to give directions.

download_in_Apple_Store.jpg EVrc in Apple Store

Attachments

• Apple Store.jpg
    Apple Store.jpg
    5.2 KB · Views: 13
EVrc 1.7 approved.jpg

This update adds an odometer reading to the charging session data.
Keep track of all your charging sessions - including time charging, starting percent, ending percent, kWh added, cost, location and average charging speed. Saving this data will allow future updates of EVrc to predict future trips based on past history.

Awesome! Is this your profession or a hobby? Not familiar with app design at all; but I am curious.

Awesome! Is this your profession or a hobby? Not familiar with app design at all; but I am curious.
My profession is owning a software company and developing Windows programs for 40 years. Coding apps for iOS is a new challenge for me - one that I very much enjoy. Learning something new was my motivation along with keeping pace with the present - and the future. This app is from me personally, not my business.

Owning my Lucid and the technology it brings, made want to keep data on my travels. I hate paper, so I coded an app to do the math and replace the paper. That is how EVrc got started.

I keep coming up with more ideas and hope to get feedback from users moving forward. I see so many possibilities in the future using the stored data and AI. These are exciting times we live in!

You can send your feedback (bugs, new features, etc.) to: [email protected] or on X at @EVrcRange

Is EV
View attachment 19885
Keep track of all your charging sessions - including time charging, starting percent, ending percent, kWh added, cost, location and average charging speed. Saving this data will allow future updates of EVrc to predict future trips based on past history

View attachment 19885
Keep track of all your charging sessions - including time charging, starting percent, ending percent, kWh added, cost, location and average charging speed. Saving this data will allow future updates of EVrc to predict future trips based on past history.
Android version planned?

I just assume in Pure awd that 1% is 3 miles worst case and I rarely go wrong.

My profession is owning a software company and developing Windows programs for 40 years. Coding apps for iOS is a new challenge for me - one that I very much enjoy. Learning something new was my motivation along with keeping pace with the present - and the future. This app is from me personally, not my business.

Owning my Lucid and the technology it brings, made want to keep data on my travels. I hate paper, so I coded an app to do the math and replace the paper. That is how EVrc got started.

I keep coming up with more ideas and hope to get feedback from users moving forward. I see so many possibilities in the future using the stored data and AI. These are exciting times we live in!

You can send your feedback (bugs, new features, etc.) to: [email protected] or on X at @EVrcRange
Does the app run on CarPlay?

99867.jpgEVrc 1.8 approved.jpg
Version 1.8
* Odometer reading is now restored from your last charging session and redisplays after exiting the app.
* Added new calculations in Charging History that calculate miles from last charge and efficiency since last charge.
* Charging History can now be edited to correct any data previously entered.
* Fixed various bugs and graphics on iPhone versions.

Your comments and suggestions are welcome by contacting: [email protected] or on X at @EVrcRange

EVrc.jpg
version 1.9 ready for distribution.jpg

Ev Range and Battery Calculator
What's New:
Charging History -
Now displays the name and address of the charging station location based on your location.
Added a new data field where the kWh used since last charge can be entered manually.
Added a new data field for storing a trip description.

Download on the Apple Store.jpg

Your comments and suggestions are welcome by contacting: [email protected] or on X at @EVrcRange

Back