Abnormal EV road trip

xponents

Cars
Kia EV9, future Air?
Yesterday, we just had a very strange road trip. It started off when we drove off, where the car actually went without bursting into flames, despite it raining on a EV. Then, we went on the highway, and we were well ahead of the range estimates at 3.8 mi/kwh. It was so weird and unexpected to me that we didn't get stranded on the side of the highway after our EV didn't run out of range after 50 miles of driving! In fact, on the highway, the HDA didn't try to steer us into a concrete barrier, like I thought all driver assistance systems did. By far the MOST abnormal part of this entire trip was when we went to the Electrify America chargers. I was left very shocked, angry, and confused by the sequence of events that took place. First, the chargers actually let us pay with a credit card without needing to download an app. Then, we seamlessly plugged in and were getting the full charging curve. The shocking part was, none of the stations were broken and we eventually went on our way after 10 minutes, even though I had thought it would take 8 business days to charge!!! After all of these news articles, I thought that there would be -2/4 stations available at the chargers, and I also thought that 9/10 chargers would be unavailable. When we finally arrived, we parked the car and a quick glance confirmed it somehow didn't lose half of its battery capacity from this trip due to degradation. I just can't believe all of this happened... I think I am going to be filing a class action suit against Kia.

Back