Emergency exit from inside

SM_NCarolina

Verified Owner
Cars
LUCID GT
Hi,

We all know accidents do happen and sometimes they are serious. I wish no one gets to that point but still, we all need to know how we exit from the vehicle if battery/controllers fail. In case of an accident or fire is there an emergency exit option available from the car for both front passengers and rear passengers?

Reactions: Bel
Supposedly, if you pull back the door handle further it acts as a mechanical release. It should work like that at all four doors.

It's supposed to be "pull really hard" on the door release. Apparently, the conventional pull activates the door servo latch. If you pull harder, past the normal travel, it activates the mechanical release latch. I've not tried it personally.

Hi,

We all know accidents do happen and sometimes they are serious. I wish no one gets to that point but still, we all need to know how we exit from the vehicle if battery/controllers fail. In case of an accident or fire is there an emergency exit option available from the car for both front passengers and rear passengers?
you need this!

MOTORBUDDY 2-Pack Car Safety Hammer, Auto Emergency Escape Hammer with Window Breaker and Seat Belt Cutter, Striking Red Emergency Escape Tool for Car Accidents https://a.co/d/dqbHfTe

Hi,

Its been reported in this forum a member whose lucid died in the middle on a multilane 50 mi/hr road and the mechanical door opening overide didnt work and he couldnt get out. Seems car safety hammer is very prudent to have and in at least two door pockets. And flashlight. I already have ordered hammers from amazon. Have vin, paid vin, and expect my atg end of month.

have paid car in full

Its been reported in this forum a member whose lucid died in the middle on a multilane 50 mi/hr road and the mechanical door opening overide didnt work and he couldnt get out. Seems car safety hammer is very prudent to have and in at least two door pockets. And flashlight. I already have ordered hammers from amazon. Have vin, paid vin, and expect my atg end of month.
I would be very careful believing everything read on the forums. It’s a place for helpful and healthy discussion but we’ve also seen plenty of user error or lacking understanding being thrown about as safety concerns.

Pull really hard on the handle. The door will open. I’ve done it in cars with no power numerous times.

I would be very careful believing everything read on the forums. It’s a place for helpful and healthy discussion but we’ve also seen plenty of user error or lacking understanding being thrown about as safety concerns.

Pull really hard on the handle. The door will open. I’ve done it in cars with no power numerous times.
Yes I agree on your first comment.

Question: When you say you tried on numerous cars, do you mean numerous LUCIDs?

you need this!

MOTORBUDDY 2-Pack Car Safety Hammer, Auto Emergency Escape Hammer with Window Breaker and Seat Belt Cutter, Striking Red Emergency Escape Tool for Car Accidents https://a.co/d/dqbHfTe
Just be aware that, at least according to this thread, all of the glass has a PVB interlayer… I.e. is laminated glass (which is the case for a lot of higher end cars). It’s designed to hold together in a crash, which can be beneficial in terms of preventing occupants being thrown from the car, but can be very difficult or impossible to break out from the inside.

I like this one better:

RESQME_The Original Emergency Keychain Car Escape Tool, 2-in-1 Seatbelt Cutter, and Window Breaker
AMAZON $13.32 (22% OFF)

LINK: https://www.amazon.com/01-100-09-Or...hvlocphy=&hvtargid=pla-4584345030006484&psc=1

What is RESQME?

Made in the USA, this 2-in-1, safety and survival tool, allows you to cut a jammed seatbelt and break a side window in your car.

Originally developed for first responders (firefighters EMTs, and law enforcement agencies); RESQME has become an essential safety solution for all safety-conscious drivers.

Over 8 million motorists worldwide carry RESQME.

Main RESQME Features:

Made in USA - The Original!
Breaks car side windows.
Cuts jammed safety belts.
Compact, lightweight, and powerful.
Materials: ABS plastic |Stainless Steel.
GS TUV Certified.

Attachments

• RESQME_Keychain Car Escape Tool 2-in-1 Seat Belt Cutter 0of99.png
    RESQME_Keychain Car Escape Tool 2-in-1 Seat Belt Cutter 0of99.png
    229 KB · Views: 80
  • RESQME_Keychain Car Escape Tool 2-in-1 Seat Belt Cutter 1of99.png
    RESQME_Keychain Car Escape Tool 2-in-1 Seat Belt Cutter 1of99.png
    920.9 KB · Views: 76
Back