I Saw a Stuck Tesla

Vivace95

Cars
Lucid Air GT
First off, I am NOT a Tesla hater. However, while driving home I saw a poor soul in his Tesla Model X who was stuck on the side of the road, hazards on, with both doors deployed. He was frantically trying to manually retract them as it was clear that the automatic open/close function had failed. It was in the low 40s and he had some upset kids in the back and what it looked like was a FURIOUS wife in the front passenger seat.

As we all know, being an early adopter can be exciting. However, it definitely has its downsides. I had put a deposit down on a Model X years ago when they were in pre-production. Was enamored with those Falcon Wings. Glad I waited!

First off, I am NOT a Tesla hater. However, while driving home I saw a poor soul in his Tesla Model X who was stuck on the side of the road, hazards on, with both doors deployed. He was frantically trying to manually retract them as it was clear that the automatic open/close function had failed. It was in the low 40s and he had some upset kids in the back and what it looked like was a FURIOUS wife in the front passenger seat.

As we all know, being an early adopter can be exciting. However, it definitely has its downsides. I had put a deposit down on a Model X years ago when they were in pre-production. Was enamored with those Falcon Wings. Glad I waited!
I do wonder, how did the doors get open in the first place?

It would suck if it is raining while doors are open. That falcon wing doors were my fancy. I had to compare both fully loaded Model-X with Air GT back then for 130k+. Air won in every category except software. Range is biggest factor getting Air. Software improvement could wait.

Back