EA Megathread

Is GT capable of 350KW charging? Then 263 is low after a 45-minute preconditioning, trying to troubleshoot the issue and how we can get it fixed for all of us.
I'll let someone who understands physics/engineering way better than I answer the first part in detail, but the GT has the same 900V architecture as the DE, so it should theoretically be capable of the same speeds. We've seen that the 118kw Samsung cells seem to charge faster than the 112kw LG (?) cells of the GT, but based on the InsideEVs charging curve for the DE, 263 kw at 25% is exactly where it's supposed to be.
lucid-air-dc-fast-charging-chart.webp

I agree; I could have made a mistake for 70%, but it was pretty noticeable and high. When I pulled out, a Mercedes pulled into the station I was in, and they were pulling 265 kWh to start with, which eliminated the station issue hypothesis; my max at 10% SOC was 178 kWh, and it dropped drastically fast. This was in Barstow CA. After our charging was completed and we pulled out, we waited on purpose to observe. I am quite convinced that Lucid needs to fix something, either a handshake with EA or at least they can have a few "Model" chargers at their headquarters and service center where customers like me can go and have it "Proved" that the technology for charging works as stated. Wonder why there are no high-voltage chargers in Lucid Service centers and Headquarters to showcase the charging tech. I love the car, and it is the best car ever. However, I am not convinced the charging technology and software are as advertised.
I’m just curious, after you pulled out did you get out of the car and walk back over to the charger to see the Mercede’s charging rate? The charging rate numbers on the EA screen are usually so small that the only way I’ve seen to see other car’s charging rates is to walk over to the charger. I always feel funny about doing that if the other driver is still there.

I’m just curious, after you pulled out did you get out of the car and walk back over to the charger to see the Mercede’s charging rate? The charging rate numbers on the EA screen are usually so small that the only way I’ve seen to see other car’s charging rates is to walk over to the charger. I always feel funny about doing that if the other driver is still there.
Not that complicated. We were a party of 4 traveling, so I put the cable back in the charger and moved a few steps away as our car was pulled out of the spot by a family member. I took a quick phone call and, on the way back towards our car in a spot across, observed their charging speed. The delay was intentional as i was super pissed at our charging rate/curve.

It’s not that I don’t believe people, but it seems that for every shitty EA charge @hmp10 and everyone else gets, I appear to be collecting all the good charges. It’s gotta be a west coast / east coast thing.

Peaked at 331, preconditioned for 7 minutes (while I drove over), started at 19-20% SOC

Apparently my charges have the EA fairy around, and my 21” tires have the tire fairy around.

I’ll take it. 🤷‍♂️

🧚

Attachments

• IMG_9708.webp
    IMG_9708.webp
    414.9 KB · Views: 16,088
It’s not that I don’t believe people, but it seems that for every shitty EA charge @hmp10 and everyone else gets, I appear to be collecting all the good charges. It’s gotta be a west coast / east coast thing.

Peaked at 331, preconditioned for 7 minutes (while I drove over), started at 19-20% SOC

Apparently my charges have the EA fairy around, and my 21” tires have the tire fairy around.

I’ll take it. 🤷‍♂️

🧚
I got a good speed on a recent road trip. 3 cars were occupying the chargers for almost an hour charging to 100% 🤦‍♂️

Attachments

• IMG_1876.webp
    IMG_1876.webp
    537.8 KB · Views: 5,534
Back