Dryer out let charging.

Golfsnc

I’ve used the electrify America until I get my outlet installed in the garage. But today I plugged my lucid into the dryer plug and it wouldn’t charge. Any thoughts?

I’ve used the electrify America until I get my outlet installed in the garage. But today I plugged my lucid into the dryer plug and it wouldn’t charge. Any thoughts?
What did it do, not start a charge or trip the circuit breaker? Most dryers are on 30A outlets rather than 50A outlets that the Lucid uses. Were you using the Lucid Mobile cable? Is the plug adapter fully inserted into the little Lucid rectangular piece? Was there a light on on the Lucid adapter? What were the lights on your charge port on the car? Give us a bit more info and we may be able to help.

I just purchased the ChargePoint Flex and a NEMA 50 to NEMA 30 adapter. However, in reading the ChargePoint manual, it says that 30a charging cannot be done with plugging in, has to be hardwired. I'm getting estimates for a 60a circuit now.

I just purchased the ChargePoint Flex and a NEMA 50 to NEMA 30 adapter. However, in reading the ChargePoint manual, it says that 30a charging cannot be done with plugging in, has to be hardwired. I'm getting estimates for a 60a circuit now.
You will be happier with the 60A circuit than 30A but the Charge Point can be configured to 30 A circuit and still plug in.

that's exactly what I'm going to try. I bought the adapter as a stop gap until the 60a is installed.

Back