Dream Drive and Audio Options must have on Touring?

blueice89

Cars
Lucid 22”AGT quantum
I am thinking About what options I must have on the car Lucid Air Touring.

2 of these optional ones I am curious about Dream Drive Pro - $9k and Surreal Audio.

I come from a Base Tesla Model S 85d 2016 with AP1.

Is the dream Drive pro worth it? Is it at least AP1 level like free steering on the freeway? People say Tesla FSD not even worth 2k so seems hard to pay 9k for Dream Drive. Would you get it?

On Audio I did test drive a Lucid Grand Touring and Audio system seemed pretty good. I could always go base sound system and have it upgraded after market. I did that on my Tesla and spent 4k on subs Amps and really nice speakers France brand. Do you like the GT audio option?
This one is 3-4k$ add on.

Anyways glad to your ideas.
The rest options on my car I pretty much know what I want. I also like to make videos on YouTube and Twitter so maybe dream Drive would open up more videos.

I am thinking About what options I must have on the car Lucid Air Touring.

2 of these optional ones I am curious about Dream Drive Pro - $9k and Surreal Audio.

I come from a Base Tesla Model S 85d 2016 with AP1.

Is the dream Drive pro worth it? Is it at least AP1 level like free steering on the freeway? People say Tesla FSD not even worth 2k so seems hard to pay 9k for Dream Drive. Would you get it?

On Audio I did test drive a Lucid Grand Touring and Audio system seemed pretty good. I could always go base sound system and have it upgraded after market. I did that on my Tesla and spent 4k on subs Amps and really nice speakers France brand. Do you like the GT audio option?
This one is 3-4k$ add on.

Anyways glad to your ideas.
The rest options on my car I pretty much know what I want. I also like to make videos on YouTube and Twitter so maybe dream Drive would open up more videos.
Dream Drive came with my Dream Edition but to be honest if I had to pay $9k for it I would pass. I prefer to do my own driving. As for the Sureal sound system I would definitely pay for it. The Dolby Atmos sound in my car is fantastic. Tidal does lose connection but soon (hopefully) we’ll have Apple CarPlay and they have more Dolby Atmos selections and hopefully connection will be better.

For DDPro, I'd say, cannot evaluate fully until the rest of the features are delivered later this year, hopefully, maybe.

For DDPro, I'd say, cannot evaluate fully until the rest of the features are delivered later this year, hopefully, maybe.
Is it at least steering on freeway like AP1?

Is it at least steering on freeway like AP1?
That's highway assist and it's not enabled right now. Realistically, that's the only thing left for them to activate...

The big difference between FSD and DD Pro is that DD Pro includes actual hardware to make future driving assistance possible, and FSD is just a promise for future software. 9k isn’t actually that much more than the additional hardware costs, so it’s not that valid of a comparison.

For the Pure and Touring, don't you need to buy DD Pro if you want to have the surround view cameras?

Like others, I'm not a fan of spending an extra $9k for something that doesn't do anything presently. But I am going to get it just because it will eventually be worth it either for me or for the resale value.

If you plan on owning the car long term maybe, but I like to get new cars every three years or sooner, so waste of money for me, since it offers nothing, except surround view.

For the Pure and Touring, don't you need to buy DD Pro if you want to have the surround view cameras?
I believe so? I rely on the 360 surround camera heavily, haven’t curbed the rims once thanks to the camera, and I’ve also a avoided pedestrians and bicycles I couldn’t see in the mirrors. It’s also super useful for getting in and out of my tight garage. Otherwise though I barely use the DD pro features that are available. The lane keep assist intervention is forced, you can’t set it to warning only, and it tends to intervene too early. Cross traffic alert is great but again it forces intervention, you can’t say alert only, and it’s too aggressive and slams on the brakes hard when backing out of my driveway. The ACC however is excellent, the best I’ve had in any car. If it had corner based speed reduction like the Mercedes did it would be flawless. While I do not know whether the LiDAR contributes, the ACC is much better at sensing/adjusting speed when following another car than other ACC I’ve had.

I have this same question. I have a Touring on order, and am used to the surround view in my BMW. When I test drove a AGT in Scottsdale, the advisor said I'd be able to purchase the extra cameras needed for the surround view one-off, without having to order DDP. I'm skeptical as I've not seen this mentioned anywhere else. Also, not sure why I need more cameras for surround view, as my BMW provides an excellent surround with four cameras (front windshield, rear tailgate, and each side view mirror). I know the Lucid surround view is more robust, but you'd think you could get a decent surround with the base cameras.

Reactions: DBV
I believe so? I rely on the 360 surround camera heavily, haven’t curbed the rims once thanks to the camera, and I’ve also an avoided pedestrians and bicycles I couldn’t see in the mirrors. It’s also super useful for getting in and out of my tight garage. Otherwise though I barely use the DD pro features that are available. The lane keep assist intervention is forced, you can’t set it to warning only, and it tends to intervene too early. Cross traffic alert is great but again it forces intervention, you can’t say alert only, and it’s too aggressive and slams on the brakes hard when backing out of my driveway. The ACC however is excellent, the best I’ve had in any car. If it had corner based speed reduction like the Mercedes did it would be flawless. While I do not know whether the LiDAR contributes, the ACC is much better at sensing/adjusting speed when following another car than other ACC I’ve had.
Wish they had 360 surround camera just as an option. That is great to have.

I have this same question. I have a Touring on order, and am used to the surround view in my BMW. When I test drove a AGT in Scottsdale, the advisor said I'd be able to purchase the extra cameras needed for the surround view one-off, without having to order DDP. I'm skeptical as I've not seen this mentioned anywhere else. Also, not sure why I need more cameras for surround view, as my BMW provides an excellent surround with four cameras (front windshield, rear tailgate, and each side view mirror). I know the Lucid surround view is more robust, but you'd think you could get a decent surround with the base cameras.
Having used both, there’s no comparison. The Lucid surround view is ridiculously detailed and useful, whereas the BMW (and other) surround views are useful but just okay.

The ability to swing around the car with a finger and catch little things around it is a game changer.

Having used both, there’s no comparison. The Lucid surround view is ridiculously detailed and useful, whereas the BMW (and other) surround views are useful but just okay.

The ability to swing around the car with a finger and catch little things around it is a game changer.
No question it's far more advanced. On my BMW I can, as part of the Surround View with the Executive package, with a finger, swing around on the screen to get a very detailed 360 view of the surroundings. Wish Lucid was able to offer a similar view with the standard cameras, rather than having to upgrade to DDP. DDP, with more cameras, would be the best, most detailed perspective, but it would be nice to have the more basic functionality, along the lines of what you get with BMW and others today, without a $9,000 upgrade.

No question it's far more advanced. On my BMW I can, as part of the Surround View with the Executive package, with a finger, swing around on the screen to get a very detailed 360 view of the surroundings. Wish Lucid was able to offer a similar view with the standard cameras, rather than having to upgrade to DDP. DDP, with more cameras, would be the best, most detailed perspective, but it would be nice to have the more basic functionality, along the lines of what you get with BMW and others today, without a $9,000 upgrade.
I mean, a big piece of the $9000 is the LiDAR unit and additional camera costs, plus the relatively nominal cost for future software. I hear what you’re saying though - at least you get actual hardware for it though 🤷‍♂️

I was told yes, you need DD for the cameras, however I was also told these cameras don’t record video🤦. That is a problem for me..

I hope it does happen-we had a local Tesla driver get the side of his car keyed by someone angry he parked in the handicapped spot. The camera caught his image clearly enough that he was identified and caught.

I hope it does happen-we had a local Tesla driver get the side of his car keyed by someone angry he parked in the handicapped spot. The camera caught his image clearly enough that he was identified and caught.
Exactly. And it seems like the simplest thing to have included from the start. I struggle to rationalize why it wasn’t a day one feature, especially when it’s come in handy for so many Tesla owners. And with Tesla - aka primary competition - offering it up, it’s a bit of a glaring omission when the hardware is right there.

So yes, hopefully soon.

Exactly. And it seems like the simplest thing to have included from the start. I struggle to rationalize why it wasn’t a day one feature, especially when it’s come in handy for so many Tesla owners. And with Tesla - aka primary competition - offering it up, it’s a bit of a glaring omission when the hardware is right there.

So yes, hopefully soon.
I think if you were a developer on that team, pulling all-nighters for a few weeks as you were being rushed to ship the very first, incredibly buggy version of the OS so that the team could get the first DE cars out the door before the end of 2021, you'd have no struggle rationalizing why you weren't adding an advanced feature that Tesla didn't have at launch, either.

It's like wondering why you didn't install a doorbell cam on your new house before the foundations were poured.

There's a lot more involved in Sentry Mode than a few cameras. I'm reminded of this meme:

how-to-draw-an-own-imgur-3555175107.jpeg

Back