Dream Drive and Audio Options must have on Touring?

I think if you were a developer on that team, pulling all-nighters for a few weeks as you were being rushed to ship the very first, incredibly buggy version of the OS so that the team could get the first DE cars out the door before the end of 2021, you'd have no struggle rationalizing why you weren't adding an advanced feature that Tesla didn't have at launch, either.

It's like wondering why you didn't install a doorbell cam on your new house before the foundations were poured.

There's a lot more involved in Sentry Mode than a few cameras. I'm reminded of this meme:

View attachment 4654
LOL I can appreciate that meme. But I'm a stupid consumer and I want all the features now!!!!!!!

Exactly. And it seems like the simplest thing to have included from the start. I struggle to rationalize why it wasn’t a day one feature, especially when it’s come in handy for so many Tesla owners. And with Tesla - aka primary competition - offering it up, it’s a bit of a glaring omission when the hardware is right there.

So yes, hopefully soon.
It was mainly because giving users a way to access the camera footage would also give them access to all the software as well. So is it a feature they are working on? Yes. Is it going to come soon? Probably not and it's for security reasons. The same reason they haven't allowed people to hook into the USB port for data connection either.

That's highway assist and it's not enabled right now. Realistically, that's the only thing left for them to activate...
Does that include lane centering?

It was mainly because giving users a way to access the camera footage would also give them access to all the software as well. So is it a feature they are working on? Yes. Is it going to come soon? Probably not and it's for security reasons. The same reason they haven't allowed people to hook into the USB port for data connection either.
I don't think that is right. I see videos on my PC and iPad w/o access to any software. The USB and recorded video are only connected if it's designed that way.

I don't think that is right. I see videos on my PC and iPad w/o access to any software. The USB and recorded video are only connected if it's designed that way.
Okay. That's what the VP of ADAS told me in person so...maybe you should apply for his job?

Okay. That's what the VP of ADAS told me in person so...maybe you should apply for his job?
Well, maybe I will. 😀
I have been writing software and supporting hardware for 42 years, starting with DOS and ending with Javascript and C#.

Well, maybe I will. 😀
I have been writing software and supporting hardware for 42 years, starting with DOS and ending with Javascript and C#.
The point isn’t that they’re definitely connected; the point is the additional surface area that would then be available to attack. Limiting the surface area makes perfect sense, initially, until they’re certain (as certain as one can be, anyway) there are no avenues of attack.

The big difference between FSD and DD Pro is that DD Pro includes actual hardware to make future driving assistance possible, and FSD is just a promise for future software. 9k isn’t actually that much more than the additional hardware costs, so it’s not that valid of a comparison.
Unfortunately, I disagree with you here. We should be fare, DD Pro is Tesla Free version of AutoPilot and no more. FSD is way advanced than DD Pro. It changes lane for you, drive on navigation. Smart Summon where you can bring the car to you from the parking spot, stops at traffic lights/Stop signs, and drives in Cities. The last feature is still under improvement but well engineered! If you have not experienced it, I would suggest you to watch some YouTube videos.

Unfortunately, I disagree with you here. We should be fare, DD Pro is Tesla Free version of AutoPilot and no more. FSD is way advanced than DD Pro. It changes lane for you, drive on navigation. Smart Summon where you can bring the car to you from the parking spot, stops at traffic lights/Stop signs, and drives in Cities. The last feature is still under improvement but well engineered! If you have not experienced it, I would suggest you to watch some YouTube videos.
I have been on FSD beta since it was released last year. It's terrible at everything you just listed.

Lane changes occur far too often and for completely non-logical reasons. Like, you'll be one mile from your exit, and it'll want to move over to the passing lane. Or it'll come to an exit and fail to get into the exit lane until 30 feet from the exit. Or it will happily drive you into an HOV lane, even though you're not allowed in that lane unless you have at least three passengers.

And if two lanes are merging into one, have fun. The car will ping-pong back and forth between the two lanes trying to figure out where the center is.

I've never gotten Smart Summon to move the car more than 10 feet.
With the city driving, I have yet to complete a local neighborhood trip that involves more than one turn successfully. It has driven across three lanes of traffic for no reason, actively steered me into a cyclist in a bike path, stopped dead in the middle of a block for no reason whatsoever, and on and on.

Every time Tesla releases an update, I try it once, to see if anything has improved. I have yet to see meaningful improvement.

FSD sounds great on paper. In practice, it's a complete and utter mess. And it's downright dangerous. Anyone spending $15k on it should have their head examined.

The YouTube videos you refer to, that people keep telling me prove FSD is great, are full of instances of the driver going "Whoops" and having to take over.

I'll be much happier if Lucid takes its time and releases dream drive features one at a time. When they actually work.

Like others, I'm not a fan of spending an extra $9k for something that doesn't do anything presently. But I am going to get it just because it will eventually be worth it either for me or for the resale value.
And the price for DD Pro went up along with MSRP for the new buyers. So, those of us grandfathered in have an advantage in re-sale value.

Aside from FSD being god-awful at actually doing any of that, DD Pro doesn’t exist yet. The one feature we know will be in DD Pro is Highway Pilot (aka hands free driving) and given how fantastic Highway Assist I have full faith in the eventual Highway Pilot. I have no faith in FSD, especially now that there are literally no sensors except cabin cameras.

I have driven with FSD for roughly five hours, and it was terrifying the whole time.

DD has yet to terrify me.

I have been on FSD beta since it was released last year. It's terrible at everything you just listed.

Lane changes occur far too often and for completely non-logical reasons. Like, you'll be one mile from your exit, and it'll want to move over to the passing lane. Or it'll come to an exit and fail to get into the exit lane until 30 feet from the exit. Or it will happily drive you into an HOV lane, even though you're not allowed in that lane unless you have at least three passengers.

And if two lanes are merging into one, have fun. The car will ping-pong back and forth between the two lanes trying to figure out where the center is.

I've never gotten Smart Summon to move the car more than 10 feet.
With the city driving, I have yet to complete a local neighborhood trip that involves more than one turn successfully. It has driven across three lanes of traffic for no reason, actively steered me into a cyclist in a bike path, stopped dead in the middle of a block for no reason whatsoever, and on and on.

Every time Tesla releases an update, I try it once, to see if anything has improved. I have yet to see meaningful improvement.

FSD sounds great on paper. In practice, it's a complete and utter mess. And it's downright dangerous. Anyone spending $15k on it should have their head examined.

The YouTube videos you refer to, that people keep telling me prove FSD is great, are full of instances of the driver going "Whoops" and having to take over.

I'll be much happier if Lucid takes its time and releases dream drive features one at a time. When they actually work.
I have very few issues with lane changes on my Tesla. It actually does a great job on the freeway, which is all I use it for. I am not on the beta though and only use FSD for lane changing. FSD beta is not something I am interested in, as it seems like it just promises new things and really delivers none so far. We shall see if that changes by Christmas though, as Tesla usually has some surprises up it sleeve.

There is no way FSD on the freeway is terrifying. It is much better implemented than when I used BMW‘s version on my 5 Series. I drive about 20,000 to 22,000 miles, mostly freeway a year, so do have extensive experience with Tesla FSD on freeway driving. I will not use any autopilot in bad weather or snow though, that is just common sense, as no car can perform in that type of weather. 🙂

I have very few issues with lane changes on my Tesla. It actually does a great job on the freeway, which is all I use it for. I am not on the beta though and only use FSD for lane changing. FSD beta is not something I am interested in, as it seems like it just promises new things and really delivers none so far. We shall see if that changes by Christmas though, as Tesla usually has some surprises up it sleeve.

There is no way FSD on the freeway is terrifying. It is much better implemented than when I used BMW‘s version on my 5 Series. I drive about 20,000 to 22,000 miles, mostly freeway a year, so do have extensive experience with Tesla FSD on freeway driving. I will not use any autopilot in bad weather or snow though, that is just common sense, as no car can perform in that type of weather. 🙂
On the freeway it’s fine minus the phantom braking. Lucid’s Highway Assist is better, in my experience so far with it.

On the freeway it’s fine minus the phantom braking. Lucid’s Highway Assist is better, in my experience so far with it.
“Phantom braking”!! I have not experienced that on my 2019 Tesla. I am using it everyday for commuting (93 miles per day) and I loved it a lot. I would say it is super accurate. However, I am not Tesla fan but could not find better EV in 2019 then a Tesla.

“Phantom braking”!! I have not experienced that on my 2019 Tesla. I am using it everyday for commuting (93 miles per day) and I loved it a lot. I would say it is super accurate. However, I am not Tesla fan but could not find better EV in 2019 then a Tesla.
Consider yourself lucky! I'm glad you've never had it happen. It is legitimately terrifying when it does.

I hope the highway assist makes the ACC better. I would rather have phantom breaking on the freeway instead of no breaking at all. My Lucid wants to play a game of chicken with me to see if I will break before it notices that the cars ahead have slowed considerably or stopped.

Exactly. And it seems like the simplest thing to have included from the start. I struggle to rationalize why it wasn’t a day one feature, especially when it’s come in handy for so many Tesla owners. And with Tesla - aka primary competition - offering it up, it’s a bit of a glaring omission when the hardware is right there.

So yes, hopefully soon.
Did Tesla put Sentry mode at the start? Was Rome built in day? Did NASA land Neil Armstrong to the moon on first rocket?

Off-topic: massage seats should be an option for AT & AP

Back