Door weatherstripping

LUCI GT

Verified Owner
I'm just curious. Today while washing my car I discovered the door weatherstripping on the driver front door is coming unglued. I've already had the driver rear door weatherstripping reglued on my last house call. This seems to me to become an ongoing problem and annoyance. Couldn't they have used a better attachment for this? I've never had this happen on any other car, and now it's happened twice in less than 3 months. I don't think we expect these issues at this price point.

I'm getting my car serviced to fix my break light. This is one of the things I asked them to fix.

I'm just curious. Today while washing my car I discovered the door weatherstripping on the driver front door is coming unglued. I've already had the driver rear door weatherstripping reglued on my last house call. This seems to me to become an ongoing problem and annoyance. Couldn't they have used a better attachment for this? I've never had this happen on any other car, and now it's happened twice in less than 3 months. I don't think we expect these issues at this price point.
Well, considering it's 2 different doors, then it may have just been an issue with whoever put glue on during your assembly. If it were the same door then I could see why they may need to look at the adhesive they are using. Also, the price point of the car has nothing to do with issues like this. Remember when Ferrari had to recall their cars for catching fire from an adhesive they used in their engine bay. I don't expect that issue for a car in that price point, see how silly that sounds?

From the guidelines:

2. BE HELPFUL: Try to stay true to our goal of helping each other. Posting problems just to vent is not helpful to anyone. If you had a poor experience, post something that others will benefit from. Think: constructive criticism. Refrain from “entitlement” attitudes by avoiding narratives such as, “I spent $xxxxxx on this car so therefore I expect…", "my much cheaper xxxxx car has a feature my Lucid doesn't," etc. Rants are not acceptable. Also, please use a descriptive title in your post. Avoid titles that are ‘clickbait’ like “This is Unbelievable!”

From the guidelines:

2. BE HELPFUL: Try to stay true to our goal of helping each other. Posting problems just to vent is not helpful to anyone. If you had a poor experience, post something that others will benefit from. Think: constructive criticism. Refrain from “entitlement” attitudes by avoiding narratives such as, “I spent $xxxxxx on this car so therefore I expect…", "my much cheaper xxxxx car has a feature my Lucid doesn't," etc. Rants are not acceptable. Also, please use a descriptive title in your post. Avoid titles that are ‘clickbait’ like “This is Unbelievable!”
Thanks for doing it for me this time 😂

...I don't think we expect these issues at this price point.
Our GTs were something like the 500th-1500th cars Lucid ever built. There were and will be issues, and Lucid will fix them.
I also had a loose weatherstrip on one end of the drivers' door bottom. Lucid replaced it at my car's 1-year service along with a few other small items I had saved up.

I meant no disrespect. As I stated, just curious if others were experiencing the same issue. Perhaps Lucid could revisit weatherstripping attachment methods if this is a persistent problem. I do not follow Ferrari, so I am not aware of their issues. I am now

I don't thinks it is a design issue. It could be a rare case that the installer/assembler did do a proper job or the epoxy issued wasn't the correct epoxy.

Back