Does this mean more speeding tickets?

Psymac

This will be my first EV, and after my test AGT test drive, I couldn’t help but wonder if I'll be in danger of getting speeding tickets when I receive my Touring. The instant power and speed was intoxicating. Will I then give in to the Corvette or BMW who wants to race me at the stop light? Try Sprint mode often to impress my friends? Enjoy the thrill of superfast highway on ramp access? Hopefully the newness of all that power will wear off and I'll settle in for more reasonable driving, but wow it is amazing.

Last edited:
This will be my first EV, and after my test AGT test drive, I could help but wonder if I'll be in danger of getting speeding tickets when I receive my Touring. The instant power and speed was intoxicating. Will I then give in to the Corvette or BMW who wants to race me at the stop light? Try Sprint mode often to impress my friends? Enjoy the thrill of superfast highway on ramp access? Hopefully the newness of all that power will wear off and I'll settle in for more reasonable driving, but wow it is amazing.
On my test drive, it was very easy to go from 0 to 80 without realizing how fast you are going. In my cars I normally drive, there is no way I could get to that speed, that fast. So yes, one would need to be careful and diligent on using the cruise control.

This will be my first EV, and after my test AGT test drive, I could help but wonder if I'll be in danger of getting speeding tickets when I receive my Touring. The instant power and speed was intoxicating. Will I then give in to the Corvette or BMW who wants to race me at the stop light? Try Sprint mode often to impress my friends? Enjoy the thrill of superfast highway on ramp access? Hopefully the newness of all that power will wear off and I'll settle in for more reasonable driving, but wow it is amazing.
As a owner of a model S Plaid, I can assure you, it will wear off :) you will go back to sane mode and just enjoy the power you KNOW is there if needed. I went from racing others almost daily to just showing off about once a month. I will say this, the smiles always come back when you punch it

From experience in my Model 3 performance, you'll learn to avoid more than fractional-throttle acceleration as it can nauseate passengers (and with enough throttle, the driver). That said, it's too easy to hit 90mph during the few seconds it takes to pass someone busy texting in the #2 lane on the freeway.

This makes me wonder... What do normal car drivers need to relearn when they get their Lucid?
- Super fast acceleration
- Avoid certain speeds so passengers don't vomit on the nice interior
- Regen breaking

This makes me wonder... What do normal car drivers need to relearn when they get their Lucid?
- Super fast acceleration
- Avoid certain speeds so passengers don't vomit on the nice interior
- Regen breaking
Nothing, nothing at all. 😁

Nothing, nothing at all. 😁
3chuc4.gif

I slammed on my MYP for few times when I first got it - mostly to show my friends how fast it could easily outrun their Porsche & BMW, and also to tease my wife and kids. Since then, I might storm hard on the accelerator maybe once every few months. Other than that, I drive more like a grandpa - though I'm in the 40s :-(

Just good to know the power is there, and you can do some spirit driving when needed.

As most have said it, it passes. It’s fun to do when needed, or when you want to remind yourself why BEVs are the future and ICE is the past, but common sense takes over and you’ll find yourself honestly driving slower than expected to maximize range for the most part.

This will be my first EV, and after my test AGT test drive, I couldn’t help but wonder if I'll be in danger of getting speeding tickets when I receive my Touring. The instant power and speed was intoxicating. Will I then give in to the Corvette or BMW who wants to race me at the stop light? Try Sprint mode often to impress my friends? Enjoy the thrill of superfast highway on ramp access? Hopefully the newness of all that power will wear off and I'll settle in for more reasonable driving, but wow it is amazing.
From a performance stand point I found the zest for speed to be easily set aside when dawdling around…but it lurks there under the surface. The car has one of my absolute favorite accelerator pedals ever and makes it easy to be sedate. I think we both will be enjoyers of fine on-ramps and back roads when no one is looking :D

From a design stand point, this car is distinctive as all hell. Every one of my three drives got waves, cameras, people pacing me and long stares. I would expect to stick out from the crowd, which could be an issue in speed traps if you catch a cop’s attention. It would be a good idea to dial back any aggressive driving tendencies if you have them (ie: don’t be the fastest car and don’t be merging haphazardly at speed).

As most have said it, it passes. It’s fun to do when needed, or when you want to remind yourself why BEVs are the future and ICE is the past, but common sense takes over and you’ll find yourself honestly driving slower than expected to maximize range for the most part.
I noticed this when doing some highway drives. I found it harder to keep a solid 79mph at first, which is often where I settle out when traffic is hauling (in a Palisade no less). 75mph seemed much more natural which surprised me. I’m never the fastest driver on the freeway but it was interesting that the lucid seemed to settle down at a slower pace than I’m used to.

Back