Disappointing Surreal Sound Pro

Um, Tesla…Next challenge please. That was too easy.
Tesla Model S/X have XM satellite radio. You can also add it to Model 3/Y, if you replace the FM tuner with the FM/XM tuner from Model S/X. I wish it was was easy on the Lucid.

Tesla Model S/X have XM satellite radio. You can also add it to Model 3/Y, if you replace the FM tuner with the FM/XM tuner from Model S/X. I wish it was was easy on the Lucid.
Is that a plug-in, like we are supposed to get or is it true satellite? I also wish we had a simple way to get it.

It would seem the answer is that only Lucid doesn’t have Sirius XM. Tesla is rolling out a 3 month free trial on S and X - they have the receiver and antenna.

Lucid---Just TELL US---will you support SXM or not? Simplest of questions...why obfuscate? Your answer will be meaningful to some and totally irrelevant to others...just answer..
Here we go again…
Nonstop negative campaign for an non Air owner.

Yeah, until it gets cloudy and then your cell service is way better than your sat service.
Or under bridge or in my home garage or public garage where they get cut off.

Name the new cars that don‘t have Sirius XM.
I am looking on official SiriusXM website, none of pure EV automakers (Tesla, Lucid, Rivian, Polestar) offer Sirius XM.
It would seem the answer is that only Lucid doesn’t have Sirius XM. Tesla is rolling out a 3 month free trial on S and X - they have the receiver and antenna.
702496A1-567A-4DD2-86D8-4E850DEEB3C9.png

Pulling back a bit from the Sirius-specific discussion is that I think a lot of us, myself included, would prefer to have some sort of satellite connectivity. Yes, as has been stated, the convenience of Sirius/XM is that it doesn't rely on cellular and therefore doesn't drop out. But going beyond that, and given the many discussions of car difficulties, having access to customer care or emergency support where ever you are is a nice comfort in my Jeep and Truck through Onstar. But out here in AZ, it's very easy to be someplace where you can't make a call (I'm thinking about @dawktah LucidGT 's trip). Though I've never had to use Onstar, at least I know I have it. This just isn't the case with Lucid, and for me, I'd rather not have to hitch hike to cell service to get help.

Pulling back a bit from the Sirius-specific discussion is that I think a lot of us, myself included, would prefer to have some sort of satellite connectivity. Yes, as has been stated, the convenience of Sirius/XM is that it doesn't rely on cellular and therefore doesn't drop out. But going beyond that, and given the many discussions of car difficulties, having access to customer care or emergency support where ever you are is a nice comfort in my Jeep and Truck through Onstar. But out here in AZ, it's very easy to be someplace where you can't make a call (I'm thinking about @dawktah LucidGT 's trip). Though I've never had to use Onstar, at least I know I have it. This just isn't the case with Lucid, and for me, I'd rather not have to hitch hike to cell service to get help.

I'm a licensed with HAM radio, and I did take my 2m portable. Planned for Worst Case scenario. I considered renting a satellite phone.

It's almost as if...the traditional automakers kept with the status quo of a deal with SXM to include it in all their cars and the newcomers said no...🤔

The EQS has it.
Mercedes Benz isn’t a new EV company.

But I just learned Polestar as a new pure EV company now has it too. I guess it take time to catch up.

Mercedes Benz isn’t a new EV company.

But I just learned Polestar as a new pure EV company now has it too. I guess it take time to catch up.
Polestar is also only sort of a new pure EV company, given that they’re basically Volvo.

Polestar is also only sort of a new pure EV company, given that they’re basically Volvo.
Yes, they took most Volvo parts, but completely separate business unit, not a subsidiary. They are now basically sister companies sharing parts like Hyundai and Kia.

I have to agree the quality of the sound on tidal Hi-Fi Plus with Dolby Atmos recordings is outstanding! That said I would like to be able to adjust the balance which you can’t do on Dolby Atmos. It seems to me it is a little too biased to the front especially on the vocals.
I agree. I put on a Dolby Atmos track and sat in the back seat and it is outstanding. When I sit in the driver’s seat, I hear 7 speakers and maybe 9 if there are subwoofers under the 2 front seats. It is tuned for where you sit. It is front forward in the front seats. I would like to hear more of the rear speakers in the driver’s seat.

I agree. I put on a Dolby Atmos track and sat in the back seat and it is outstanding. When I sit in the driver’s seat, I hear 7 speakers and maybe 9 if there are subwoofers under the 2 front seats. It is tuned for where you sit. It is front forward in the front seats. I would like to hear more of the rear speakers in the driver’s seat.
Okay try Tell Me Something Good by Rufus and Chaka Khan on Tidal Dolby Atmos. Most Dolby Atmos recordings are in fact set up for a concert style listening wherein the vocals tend to come from the front center. However this recording is different and the female vocals come from the rear and the instrumentation is very clear and sharp.

Yeah it just depends on how the track was mixed. The car makes no decisions about that, it’s 100% the Atmos codec combined with how Dolby set it up for the car, playing back the mixer’s choices. Prince’s When Doves Cry mix does a great job at the multichannel, not only does the guitar fly around and certain vocal lines are stacked with each take sent to a separate channel, but one neat thing they did in one part was put a flanger effect from the front synths into the rear speakers, makes it feel like they’re tickling your ears. There is a LOT of wizardry going on in that mix that requires multiple listens to appreciate, and it’s pretty cool I can now drive around in my own Dolby Atmos studio. That style of mix is not appropriate for just any track, I’d be seriously annoyed if they did something like that for La Vie En Rose, but the whole point of Prince is technical musical wizardry so it fits really well. Too bad he’s not around to hear it. ☹️

Last edited:
I'll have to put these on my TIDAL playlist.

Okay try Tell Me Something Good by Rufus and Chaka Khan on Tidal Dolby Atmos. Most Dolby Atmos recordings are in fact set up for a concert style listening wherein the vocals tend to come from the front center. However this recording is different and the female vocals come from the rear and the instrumentation is very clear and sharp.

Yeah it just depends on how the track was mixed. The car makes no decisions about that, it’s 100% the Atmos codec combined with how Dolby set it up for the car, playing back the mixer’s choices. Prince’s When Doves Cry mix does a great job at the multichannel, not only does the guitar fly around and certain vocal lines are stacked with each take sent to a separate channel, but one neat thing they did in one part was put a flanger effect from the front synths into the rear speakers, makes it feel like they’re tickling your ears. There is a LOT of wizardry going on in that mix that requires multiple listens to appreciate, and it’s pretty cool I can now drive around in my own Dolby Atmos studio. That style of mix is not appropriate for just any track, I’d be seriously annoyed if they did something like that for La Vie En Rose, but the whole point of Prince is technical musical wizardry so it fits really well. Too bad he’s not around to hear it. ☹️

Back