• NOTICE (May 14 - 11:00 PM - 1:00 AM ET)

LucidOwners.com server will be down for maintenance during this scheduled time.
    Please note there will be a period of time when the forum is unaccessible. Thank you for your patience and understanding.

Disappointing Surreal Sound Pro

I have SiriusXM in my Navigator and pay them every month but when I called to change the plan, they said that I didn't have an account! :eek:
Mmm….
I have SiriusXM on my Wrangler, but family drove it to Dallas. I pay that monthly subscription too. I need that ID to try to get on mobile app, at least it’s better than nothing. I know cellular buffering can suck big time. I was listening in Tune-In BBC World News and very choppy.

Many cars have shark fin antenna for SiriusXM. Lucid needs to find solution.
A SeriusXM Satellite antenna works very well on the rear trunk lid. It would also work well under the trunk lid were all the other antennas reside. No need for a shark fin.

I have been griping about the lack of Sirius for several months and just gave up. It is what it is and they are not going to add it, at least not to existing cars. I have resigned my listening to using the app on the phone via Bluetooth and it works fine. I think it actually sounds better than SiriusXM via Satellite on my wife’s GLS450, but that is in areas with good cell coverage.

I think you have to add and/or upgrade your existing service from another car with a Sirius version that allows use of the app. I have access to Sirius through my other cars, the app and through my home Control4 units.

I have been griping about the lack of Sirius for several months and just gave up. It is what it is and they are not going to add it, at least not to existing cars. I have resigned my listening to using the app on the phone via Bluetooth and it works fine. I think it actually sounds better than SiriusXM via Satellite on my wife’s GLS450, but that is in areas with good cell coverage.

I think you have to add and/or upgrade your existing service from another car with a Sirius version that allows use of the app. I have access to Sirius through my other cars, the app and through my home Control4 units.
I just got SiriusXM on my iPhone and hooked up to Alexa. Will try this later today in AGT. I didn’t know about it can be part of Control4. Cool!

Haha I love advice that replaces a bad thing with an even worse thing. And what will get ABBA out of my head, Spice Girls?
Try Rolfe Harris's "Two Buffalo". He has some weird songs.

This is good news.
joeyheadshot-80x80.jpg

ByJoey Klender
Posted on August 26, 2022
Lucid Motors added a new executive position within its software team this week and filled it with a former Apple employee with over two decades of experience.

Lucid officially appointed Derrick Carty as Vice President of Platform Software Engineering, the company announced yesterday. “In this newly created role, Mr. Carty will lead Platform Software Engineering encompassing ADAS, Audio, CoreOS/Android Framework, Embedded Software, Controls Platform, AUTOSAR, and Systems Architecture,” Lucid wrote in a press release.

This is good news.
joeyheadshot-80x80.jpg

ByJoey Klender
Posted on August 26, 2022
Lucid Motors added a new executive position within its software team this week and filled it with a former Apple employee with over two decades of experience.

Lucid officially appointed Derrick Carty as Vice President of Platform Software Engineering, the company announced yesterday. “In this newly created role, Mr. Carty will lead Platform Software Engineering encompassing ADAS, Audio, CoreOS/Android Framework, Embedded Software, Controls Platform, AUTOSAR, and Systems Architecture,” Lucid wrote in a press release.
WOW 2nd big guns from Apple. I think Lucid may not just put up Apple CarPlay, they may have all new system build on top of Apple GUI.

They never said they would have Sirius
I went back and watched the David Jenkins videos. You are right. He never promised Sirius. He promised Apple Carplay and Android whatever it’s called. He also promised haptic touch. We can argue over the details. But we are short on what should be there.

I went back and watched the David Jenkins videos. You are right. He never promised Sirius. He promised Apple Carplay and Android whatever it’s called. He also promised haptic touch. We can argue over the details. But we are short on what should be there.
I agree, more options are better than less. But overall, I think that the necessity for SiriusXM is severely limited, especially because it can be streamed via Bluetooth via the app.

Back