Disappointing Surreal Sound Pro

Sirius XM is a satellite streaming service that is superior to its internet streaming service. It is built into the car‘s audio system with a satellite antennae. It doesn’t offer Dolby Atmos, but it does offer a superior connection over cellular. I’m not saying that I can’t do without Sirius XM. I’m saying why doesn’t a car this expensive not have Sirius XM?

I like Tidal and like TuneIn. But they cut out and I have to make them restart. Let’s be realistic.

Lucid---Just TELL US---will you support SXM or not? Simplest of questions...why obfuscate? Your answer will be meaningful to some and totally irrelevant to others...just answer..

I understand. I don’t think I want Sirius XM again. I want Apple Carplay and Tidal and TuneIn that don’t cut out all of the time.
At least Spotify is playing alright for me

I think that the necessity for SiriusXM is severely limited, especially because it can be streamed via Bluetooth via the app.
As I've said before, I spend a lot of time driving where there is no cell service. I don't assume I will be able to stream anything. The beauty of Sirius is that it is satellite. It works anywhere in the world, without relying on cellular service. I will probably install third party Sirius hardware when I get my car.

This is partly due to Dolby Atmos (and all formats > 5.1 channel) placing vocals in the center speaker as opposed to it coming from equal split between left and right stereo speakers, and so it can create the impression the audio is directly in front of you rather than in the “middle” which your ears are calculating because right and left ears are hearing left and right speaker simultaneously. 5.1 and Atmos are more realistic because in the real world when someone is speaking or singing (unamplified) they’re directly in front of you, not to the right and left of your ears simultaneously. The funny thing is thanks to stereo/live music we’ve gotten used to listening to vocals incorrectly for decades if you think about it, with the singer or speaker being a “mono” source that is then sent to left/right speakers which you hear as a fake mono signal. That’s why in film 5.1 mixes dialog is usually placed in the center channel if the character is in the center of the screen, with room reverb on the voice being sent to left/right/left surround/right surround and height (in the case of Atmos) so you’re given a much more naturalistic sense of spatialization. So this will make any musical track you’ve been used to hearing in stereo that has been remixed for 5.1/Atmos sound like the vocals are “front biased”, because in fact they ARE front center biased.
I put on a Dolby Atmos track and sat in the back seat. It was outstanding. I only hear the front speakers in Dolby Atmos in the driver’s seat.

Sirius XM is a satellite streaming service that is superior to its internet streaming service. It is built into the car‘s audio system with a satellite antennae. It doesn’t offer Dolby Atmos, but it does offer a superior connection over cellular. I’m not saying that I can’t do without Sirius XM. I’m saying why doesn’t a car this expensive not have Sirius XM?
Yeah, until it gets cloudy and then your cell service is way better than your sat service.

Lucid---Just TELL US---will you support SXM or not? Simplest of questions...why obfuscate? Your answer will be meaningful to some and totally irrelevant to others...just answer..
They have answered a dozen times: no, not in the way you want it. You are welcome to use the app.

I put on a Dolby Atmos track and sat in the back seat. It was outstanding. I only hear the front speakers in Dolby Atmos in the driver’s seat.
I definitely hear the back ones, but if I sit in the back I hear less of the front ones, because distance is physical and doesn’t change. :)

Where you sit does matter of course, and everyone’s opinion will be different on this. My preference is honestly the passenger seat, haha, but I like driving too much to be chauffeured :)

It’ll also depend on the particular mix - Atmos is a technology, not a panacea. Mixing and mastering engineers still have to make it sound great. :)

Yeah, until it gets cloudy and then your cell service is way better than your sat service.
The only time SiriusXM drops is under overpasses or in some garages but it does buffer so loss is minimal. In my experience.

The only time SiriusXM drops is under overpasses or in some garages but it does buffer so loss is minimal. In my experience.
Hm, when I had it in Virginia it dropped out all the time (came with my Mazda). I didn’t buy it because of that 🤷‍♂️

Different experiences, I guess!

Back