Status
Not open for further replies.

SubSailor

Verified Owner
Supporting Member
Cars
Tesla M3, AirGT
Well, after thinking I was about to achieve ownership....Crap
1. Scheduled delivery was Sept 30th...wired $$$, put on insurance, so car is mine
2. Call on Sept 29...no delivery driver available
3. Call on Sept 30...car needed to undergo new inspection
4. Call on Oct1....car can be picked up in Scottsdale on Oct 3rd
5. Call on Oct 2nd....car needs to go through more PDI
6. Call on Oct 3rd... car will be delivered to home on Oct 8th
7. Call on Oct 7th....detailer caused or noticed a "pinpoint dent" in passenger door. Service manager wants it repaired but no time estimate.
I was in Scottsdale and went to service center where the DA said I could not see car because it was being detailed. That was yesterday and today I am told that it was detailed today and that was when they discovered the dent. Sounds like coverup to me.

I just unloaded on the Lucid rep. I am totally pissed off and, at this point, I would take my $151k back. The car is awesome, no question, but I do not need this drama in getting a damn car. It is beyond a new car company and some software problems...this is not a well-run organization in respect to my auto.
Sorry to all those on the forum but I think I have had enough sunshine pumped up my ass at this point.

1. Scheduled delivery was Sept 30th...wired $$$, put on insurance, so car is mine
7. Call on Oct 7th....detailer caused or noticed a "pinpoint dent" in passenger door. Service manager wants it repaired but no time estimate.
I was in Scottsdale and went to service center where the DA said I could not see car because it was being detailed. That was yesterday and today I am told that it was detailed today and that was when they discovered the dent. Sounds like coverup to me.

I just unloaded on the Lucid rep. I am totally pissed off and, at this point, I would take my $151k back. The car is awesome, no question, but I do not need this drama in getting a damn car. It is beyond a new car company and some software problems...this is not a well-run organization in respect to my auto.
Sorry to all those on the forum but I think I have had enough sunshine pumped up my ass at this point.
I agree that they should not BS you. This kind of surprises me because the service manager has always been very straight forward with me. Did you talk to him or just your DA? The issue may be the the recall that came out today. If your car is subject to the recall, they cannot deliver it to you until it is corrected. If this was the case, you should have been told.

Buddy, it’s a wonderful car. Give them a couple weeks to get it perfect. Don’t start off your relationship with Lucid as an adversarial one. Everybody I’ve met at the company truly aims to please. But if you come in guns blazing, guess what will happen? Let them make it perfect for you and then you will enjoy it for a very long time.

Buddy, it’s a wonderful car. Give them a couple weeks to get it perfect. Don’t start off your relationship with Lucid as an adversarial one. Everybody I’ve met at the company truly aims to please. But if you come in guns blazing, guess what will happen? Let them make it perfect for you and then you will enjoy it for a very long time.
I did not talk to service manager. Just DA so it may be a dent or maybe the recall, but I am really annoyed at the delays. I have made major schedule changes to accommodate Lucid so expect reciprocal courtesy. As I have mentioned in this forum, I am almost 80 and have had over 80-90 cars in my life. This is becoming the most difficult one to handle although my old 928 dash locked up once, but Porsche made it right within hours.
Not sure I agree that smooshing rather than guns blazing is better at this point

Sometimes cars get dinged during transport. My R8 arrived with terrible damage. I sure wish they would have held it and repaired it rather than hoping I wouldn’t notice.

Having said that, If your first inclination is to get a refund, you probably should.

I did not talk to service manager. Just DA so it may be a dent or maybe the recall, but I am really annoyed at the delays. I have made major schedule changes to accommodate Lucid so expect reciprocal courtesy. As I have mentioned in this forum, I am almost 80 and have had over 80-90 cars in my life. This is becoming the most difficult one to handle although my old 928 dash locked up once, but Porsche made it right within hours.
Not sure I agree that smooshing rather than guns blazing is better at this point
It’s not the recall as that campaign isn’t starting until November 14. My guess is they just really want to deliver it perfect.

It’s not the recall as that campaign isn’t starting until November 14. My guess is they just really want to deliver it perfect.
I have to admit, I want the damn car, but I really am frustrated with the delays. I have canceled a major trip to receive the car....now, I have to cancel again or wait a month to get the car. Of course, it could be the current market or potential global war threat that is casuing me to rant. Sorry to the forum.

I have to admit, I want the damn car, but I really am frustrated with the delays. I have canceled a major trip to receive the car....now, I have to cancel again or wait a month to get the car. Of course, it could be the current market or potential global war threat that is casuing me to rant. Sorry to the forum.
If you want to talk with the service manager, private message me and I will give you his contact information. I can assure you that service is really good after you get your car and the Scottsdale service team takes great care of their customers. I am sure that you will get straight answers from the service manager and the team is just trying to make sure your car does not have any issues.

If you want to talk with the service manager, private message me and I will give you his contact information. I can assure you that service is really good after you get your car and the Scottsdale service team takes great care of their customers. I am sure that you will get straight answers from the service manager and the team is just trying to make sure your car does not have any issues.
Thanks...I will.

I feel your pain and frustration and it is certainly justified. WIth that said, stay the course. They are tryng to deliver to you a car in perfect condition which is want you certainly want. I have had mine for a week and it is the very best car I have ever owned, warts and all (i.e., the software). While I am a yourng whippper snapper (72) the time you spend with your Lucid will be the best.

Hey, it’s totally reasonable to get frustrated! Things have been rough, “in the world” wise, for a while, and it’s easy to get impatient when you’re so close to something you’ve waited a long time for.

I’d try to remain patient because I’m certain they’re not flinging BS your way just because they don’t want you to have your car; they really do care about doing a good job and making you happy in the long run.

What is the recall?

Thanks...I will.
Hang in there. Teething issues aside, the car drives beautifully. My main problem these days is getting enough time behind the wheel, since technically, it was the replacement for my wife’s A8. Good thing I can still take her 2 times out of 3 arm wrestling…

What is the first name of your DA? Mine is starting to be unresponsive.

What is the first name of your DA? Mine is starting to be unresponsive.
My DA is Ethan, and he is quite responsive. I do not always like the response but since I paid for my auto, and have it insured; I just wish it was delivered. Comedy of errors on my delivery but, as this forum has said, the after-purchase service is pretty remarkable. Of course, I am frustrated with not being able to drive my 150k toy, but Lucid is stepping up to the plate with options. Some of my past posts were "like I am unhappy and taking my ball and going home" but the forum members advice was well versed, so I stepped back and let the Lucid team work the options. So, keep bugging your DA for answers though! He should definitely be responding.

My DA is Ethan, and he is quite responsive. I do not always like the response but since I paid for my auto, and have it insured; I just wish it was delivered. Comedy of errors on my delivery but, as this forum has said, the after-purchase service is pretty remarkable. Of course, I am frustrated with not being able to drive my 150k toy, but Lucid is stepping up to the plate with options. Some of my past posts were "like I am unhappy and taking my ball and going home" but the forum members advice was well versed, so I stepped back and let the Lucid team work the options. So, keep bugging your DA for answers though! He should definitely be responding.
I hope it’s flawless when you receive it! You will absolutely love the car once it’s in hand!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back