RESOLVED Help needed for Navigation problem

EVCar

Verified Owner
Supporting Member
Cars
GT
Since most of my wife's driving was local, we didn't use the navigation until 4 months ago.
That's when we noticed that the thing simply did not work. It would be spinning around or showed a location miles away.
This was posted here in early August.
SC then changed a harness in the trunk and thought that would solve the problem.
5 miles from the SC, the navigation acted up immediately.
A Lucid employee monitoring the forum contacted me on August 4 to learn more about the problem.
Well, today, more than 3 months later, I still have the same problem. No Nav. And no geofencing.
After the harness replacement on Oct 3, SC was supposed to let me know when to bring the car back for the repair.
After a couple of weeks of no contact, I tried calling the Manager early last week. After a few attempts, I finally connected and basically told they're not sure what the problem was.
I was told that he would call me back on Thursday or Friday to make an appt to bring the car in.
Didn't hear anything so I tried calling several times today and also texted. Currently waiting for a reply/response.
I suspect that the Nav never worked from the beginning but we never checked -- (we bought the car new from Lucid, full price, in December 2022).
Regardless, we're planning to take the Lucid for a trip in 2 weeks and also simply just want the geofencing to work for the HomeLink.
I've refrained from posting details until now, hoping that the issue would be fixed in no time.
Any advice is appreciated.
Thanks.

Stupid question, you've tried doing a soft reset by holding down the lucid logo right?

Stupid question, you've tried doing a soft reset by holding down the lucid logo right?
Yes, tried that. Didn't work.
SC had the car for 1 week to troubleshoot, and that's when they changed the trunk harness.
I also mentioned to them that Bunny's car needed a new harness under the seat, I believe.

Since most of my wife's driving was local, we didn't use the navigation until 4 months ago.
That's when we noticed that the thing simply did not work. It would be spinning around or showed a location miles away.
This was posted here in early August.
SC then changed a harness in the trunk and thought that would solve the problem.
5 miles from the SC, the navigation acted up immediately.
A Lucid employee monitoring the forum contacted me on August 4 to learn more about the problem.
Well, today, more than 3 months later, I still have the same problem. No Nav. And no geofencing.
After the harness replacement on Oct 3, SC was supposed to let me know when to bring the car back for the repair.
After a couple of weeks of no contact, I tried calling the Manager early last week. After a few attempts, I finally connected and basically told they're not sure what the problem was.
I was told that he would call me back on Thursday or Friday to make an appt to bring the car in.
Didn't hear anything so I tried calling several times today and also texted. Currently waiting for a reply/response.
I suspect that the Nav never worked from the beginning but we never checked -- (we bought the car new from Lucid, full price, in December 2022).
Regardless, we're planning to take the Lucid for a trip in 2 weeks and also simply just want the geofencing to work for the HomeLink.
I've refrained from posting details until now, hoping that the issue would be fixed in no time.
Any advice is appreciated.
Thanks.

Hi,
I am sorry to hear about your issue. I have used the navigation application and have issues with it. It definitely needs work. I have an Air Touring that I purchased on September 2, 2023. Yesterday I was at the show room in Fashion Island talking to one of the associates. He is truly great and when I mentioned the issues with the navigation application he helped me set up Car Play from my iPhone. I used the the Car Play to go from Fashion Island to home. The application I used in Car Play is Google Maps. It worked flawlessly. The Lucid navigation application for the trip to the showroom was worthless as far as directions, but the return trip using Car Play was right on. I hope this helps you. Also, kudos to the associates at the Fashion Island showroom.

Hi,
I am sorry to hear about your issue. I have used the navigation application and have issues with it. It definitely needs work. I have an Air Touring that I purchased on September 2, 2023. Yesterday I was at the show room in Fashion Island talking to one of the associates. He is truly great and when I mentioned the issues with the navigation application he helped me set up Car Play from my iPhone. I used the the Car Play to go from Fashion Island to home. The application I used in Car Play is Google Maps. It worked flawlessly. The Lucid navigation application for the trip to the showroom was worthless as far as directions, but the return trip using Car Play was right on. I hope this helps you. Also, kudos to the associates at the Fashion Island showroom.
Thanks for the reply.
We like to use CarPlay, too, and that's why we didn't notice the Nav problem right away. We're so used to Waze and would just automatically default to it.
The problem now is without accurate GPS location, HomeLink, and more importantly, the cameras wouldn't turn on when we pull into the garage.
(my wife's been manually hitting the buttons to activate these functions).
So out of the 10 months that we've owned the car, the GPS and the geofencing of HomeLink and cameras are documented not working the way they're designed to for at least 4 months, and my suspicion is that they never worked from the beginning. And it's on us not to pay adequate attention to these details.
And it's also unusual that the SC would release the car to customer with the problem recurring only after 5 miles driven.
In fact, I immediately drove the car back and a technician came out and verified the problem.
That was on October 03, and I'm eagerly waiting for a fix a month later.

Last edited:
Time to escalate.
Lucid now has my car since the manager reached out earlier today and wanted it back.
Was told engineering team will re-engage and maybe I’ll learn tomorrow what needs to be done.
Should mention that our SC personnel are reportedly ones of the best in the system so I’m sure they figure it out.

It would be nice if there were a comprehensive list of things to check after getting the car, but it's easy to miss things. For example, it never occurred to me to check the rear passenger window switches when I picked up my car and I might have missed some other things. I suppose I should try out every seat heater at some point before the warranty expires, but it's easy to overlook things. When I got a Tesla almost a decade ago, somebody did put together a checklist of items that all buyers should go through, but I don't recall if navigation made the list.

I've been using it even when I don't have to, and the big problems I'm finding have to do with usability rather than anything failing to function.

There was such a list, but I found it much easier to just do a cursory once-over for obvious appearance issues when I picked up my new car, then took the car home to enjoy it. Over the following months I did find a few things that needed addressing, but they were not significant. I just saved them for the car's first (1-year) service visit where they were taken care of.

It would be nice if there were a comprehensive list of things to check after getting the car, but it's easy to miss things. For example, it never occurred to me to check the rear passenger window switches when I picked up my car and I might have missed some other things. I suppose I should try out every seat heater at some point before the warranty expires, but it's easy to overlook things. When I got a Tesla almost a decade ago, somebody did put together a checklist of items that all buyers should go through, but I don't recall if navigation made the list.

I've been using it even when I don't have to, and the big problems I'm finding have to do with usability rather than anything failing to function.
Being in Az, we haven't checked out the seat heaters, either.
For me, the lesson is to check on essential features periodically.
I think the nav did turn on appropriately upon delivery but we never used it again until the summer.
And for the geofencing, since I didn't make the connection that geofencing needs GPS data to function properly, I mistakenly thought that it was related to the buggy software and therefore would improve with subsequent updates.
In retrospect, I should have realized way back, like in the second week of ownership, that something wasn't right when cameras didn't turn on or the HomeLink window wouldn't drop down when pulling into the garage.
The crazy thing is even though we have another car which does geofencing reliably, we just cut some slack for the Lucid and hope it will "outgrow" the problems.
In fact, I didn't even mention the geofencing issues to SC until today.
Well, the saying you don't know what you don't know is so true here.

Got the car back today.
Navigation is now fine. Geofencing works.
SC first replaced the harness couple months ago. This time, the antenna was replaced last week.
Same problem, so they replaced the TCU.
SC is very confident that the new TCU should take care of the problem.
Many thanks for the behind-the-scene assistance from the forum.

Back